PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 clutch adjustment?

ssiers835
10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I just bought a TRX90 and I'm having trouble getting the clutch adjusted. It doesn't want to go into neutral from first and sometimes it kicks out in 3rd & 4th. All the fiber & steels look good. I loosed the nut on the side and screwed in the flathead screw until I felt it touch then backed it out 1/8 turn. I've played with it quite a bit with no luck, it either slips like crazy or won't go into gear at all. Any ideas?

Thanks

212racing
10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
sure.
more than likely the shift linkage has come loose. it is not an uncommon problem, especially if raced. drain oil. take off cover. must remove footpeg. carefully remove cover, some of the linkage might come off with cover. look up in the left upper corner
there will be a piece that looks like a star. the nut holding that piece onto the stud probaly has come loose. there is a little hole that the alignment pin goes into, when the nut comes loose the pin does not seat into hole and allows the quad to jump out of
gear. on my sons we took the clutch and all out and so we could
get the nut tight. make sure you put loc-tite on the nut so it won't come loose again.

any ? call eric at 1-800-414-2973(icracing) he can give you a better description than i can. just tell him keith sent you.