PDA

View Full Version : oct 14

Eddiesanders250
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
goin to the coast oct 14th weekend. not sure probably discovery point (winchester bay). possibly florence. is anybody else going

JOEX
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I usually work weekends but I might head out the Monday or Tuesday before or after that weekend.

Eddiesanders250
10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
maybe ill see you. I was just told we got reservations at houser coosbay. never been there have to check it out. can any of you compare it to winchester or florence for me?

brokenbones
10-05-2005, 04:12 PM
ill be at florence on the 12th thru the 14th

houser is all right it is bigger then winchester and smaller then florence lots of tree shots mostly short and steep mostly by the railroad tracks

just my 2 cents

if you are at florence ill be on my black 250r or my red 250r

doitinthesand
10-08-2005, 01:37 AM
I am attaching a website I just discovered that shows you all the dune campgrounds along the western coastline. It is really cool.
It shows you pictures of the campground, directions, rates, etc.
www.duneguide.com

We have riden all the dune areas since 1988. The only advantage to Hauser is that you can ride south all the way to Horsfalls and back and then you can ride to Spinreel area as well. It is hard to ride from Horsfalls to Spinreel and back without running out of gas unless you don't hotdog it too much.

My favorite riding area on the Oregon dunes is Winchester Bay. My all time favorite is St. Anthony's, Idaho.

We mainly go to Florence because it is closer and cheaper. We are members of a private RV park with dune access that only costs us $14 a night with full hookups. Thank goodness we joined when we did. Cheap, huh? I can't believe the rates at all parks, including the USDA Forest Service Parks. They want $20 a night with a piece of pavement with lines.........