PDA

View Full Version : Kickstart conversion kit

mxquadracer
10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Need a 100% confirmation on this...

There is a kick-start kit for the ltr...will this convert FROM an electric to a kick, or will it make it be elecric start with a backup kit? Need solidity on this please...?

fasterz
10-03-2005, 09:10 PM
It will come electirc start and have kick as a suzki part, the way yamaha does it

ThumPIN_450R
10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
will the battery have to stay on with the kick becuase of the EFI or will it be able to run batteryless EFI like arctic cat snomobiles do?

KoyukKFX
10-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, the kick-start option will allow removal of the battery and the starter motor. Nice!

MCR19
10-06-2005, 01:33 AM
why would you put on a kick anyway? it only takes away six pounds from the total wieght of the bike on the suzuki from what i've heard.

Scro
10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by MCR19
why would you put on a kick anyway? it only takes away six pounds from the total wieght of the bike on the suzuki from what i've heard.

it's more reliable

Luecker
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I will be adding a kick to mine.

It is nice to have as a back up in case the battery takes a dump when you are out riding.

I have seen Honda's get holeshots on dead engine starts because of the kickstart. I have also seen them kicking and kicking and being dead last.

If it is faster to kickstart and if it doesn't start on the first kick, my thumb can push the magic button.

Sure is nice to have options!!

CdaleXtreme
10-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by MCR19

hahah, thats it Just six pounds.

yamablaster24
10-08-2005, 01:27 PM
6 pounds is a lot actually.

ThumPIN_450R
10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
it depends on where that 6 punds is located

KoyukKFX
10-08-2005, 05:12 PM
The 6lb weight difference is on the TRX450R.

We do not yet know the weight savings on the quad in question, the LT-R450

There's goign to be differences in that the TRX added weight, which means they could've compensated for weight in other areas

The LT-R450 is taking off weight, which is going to be more weight savings than 6 lbs. Remove the battery and then the starter motor? The only difference would be a kick-start lever.

6arett
11-03-2005, 08:38 PM
But how often would your battery randomly take a crap when your riding? It's happend once on me and I just got a bump and it charged itself back up.

eddings
11-15-2005, 07:38 AM
No one is going to bump start you in a race. I am going to put the kicker on my yfz after my battery failed in a grand prix race and I sat there for an hour waiting for someone to pull me out of the trees.

11-15-2005, 08:24 AM
I am selling my 400ex mainly because of the damn electric start. first it is batery, then solonoid ( sp) now it is the starter gear bearing or some crap. either way I have been bump starting it for the last month waiting on parts. ya it sucks BIG time. I cant wait for my new quad which will have kick start.

my friend had a 450r the the thing took him 10 minutes to start when it was hot. the kid was kinda skrawny tho. but still thoes hondas shure dident like to start. hopefully efi will help this quad start up mint.

demon rider
03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I know this is the wrong spot to post this but do any of you know if there is a way to put a kick start system on an 06 outlaw?

MOTORIDER68
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
another nice feature about the kicker is for gncc racing, you can push the button to get the engine turning and kick it as soon as you hit the button and it fires right up. the ltr starts fast but this would make it start a little faster. every split second helps.

RATPACK Z400
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
So what Im hearing is that someone going to have both?total waste of money,time,just plain stupid idea! the guy that hates batterys , sound like he must have mental issues ,and only the top pro,s benifit from the weight difference, if you wont to loose weight take a dump, before you race!ITs VERY RARE A BATTERY TAKE A S### ON YOU!once in the past 6 years of riding!

dbkbushwacker
03-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Batteries out here in Arizona last less than a year.

demon rider
03-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
So what Im hearing is that someone going to have both?total waste of money,time,just plain stupid idea! the guy that hates batterys , sound like he must have mental issues ,and only the top pro,s benifit from the weight difference, if you wont to loose weight take a dump, before you race!ITs VERY RARE A BATTERY TAKE A S### ON YOU!once in the past 6 years of riding!

Gez man take a chill pill. I asked a question in hopes of getting some help, not to get stomped a mud hole on.

MX450
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
I am selling my 400ex mainly because of the damn electric start. first it is batery, then solonoid ( sp) now it is the starter gear bearing or some crap. either way I have been bump starting it for the last month waiting on parts. ya it sucks BIG time. I cant wait for my new quad which will have kick start.

my friend had a 450r the the thing took him 10 minutes to start when it was hot. the kid was kinda skrawny tho. but still thoes hondas shure dident like to start. hopefully efi will help this quad start up mint.

your friend needs to adjust his valves, mine starts 1st or 2nd kick hot or cold no problem!

RATPACK Z400
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I lived in AZ for a year and a half with 4yr old battery never had issues went to cinder,s ,the dune,s,mexico and four peaks all the time except when summer hit and it was over 100degrees .Not trying to sound mean but that idea of kickstart and battery together really sound,s ridiculas for racing IMO.thats not going to help you win or get hole shots PRACTICE will.

MOTORIDER68
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
I lived in AZ for a year and a half with 4yr old battery never had issues went to cinder,s ,the dune,s,mexico and four peaks all the time except when summer hit and it was over 100degrees .Not trying to sound mean but that idea of kickstart and battery together really sound,s ridiculas for racing IMO.thats not going to help you win or get hole shots PRACTICE will.

have you every tried a cold engine start? every split second helps. with the fuel injection bikes they have to crank one or two times before they fire up after pushing the button. with a kicker they can fire the first kick. not to mention you can push the starter button to get the motor turning so its easier to kick and start even faster. then after racing for an hour and a half if you get stuck in a mud hole or crash out you still have your battery. the kicker would only really help on the start for gncc racing but they dont make a kit for an ltr where you can use both that i know of so it doesn't matter for the KFX its the only way to go. for mx i can see the weight savings but it isnt worth the $500 price tag to me.

practice is a big part but your bike only fires so fast no matter what.

450Rchaser
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
My LTR starts better on a cold start. When I go to race i try to only ride it to the line and let it sit as long as possible. IDK why its like that but it starts real easy like that. No choke either. The little slide on the end of my choke cable is froze up in the throttle body so it doesnt even work.

Claas900
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
could just get a lighter batt http://turntechbattery.com/TurnTech%20Battery/Welcome.html

lucasbarker11
12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
who makes the conversion kit i'd really like to put a kick start on my ltr

IRONFLIGHT2
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
YOSH MAKES THE KIT ITS PLUG AND PLAY GOES TOGETHER REAL EASY THEY EVEN HAVE THE INSTRUCTIONS ONLINE http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/product/pdf/2115-KSS.pdf

atveric132
12-04-2009, 11:54 PM
idk i have the kicker with mikes carb kit"from atp" and i love it. not only can you loose the battery but you can loose the starter, the starter clutch and a bunch of gears in the motor that are no longer nesassary.