PDA

View Full Version : A Arm dimensions

rebelbanshee
10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I have two sets of a arms, both supposedly standard travel 250r a arms. Neither arm is the same. I dont have my bike near me right now and want to know what I have...heres the measurments I have

Roll Design arms, seller did not know length. On lower arm, from center of frame pivot to center of spherical measures 16" From center of frame pivot to center of shock mount is 8 3/4"

Laeger arms, seller sad were +2. On lower arm frame to balljoint measure is 15" and frame to shock mount is 7".

Any Idear on what I have? Im hoping the laegers are standard +2 and the roll are +3 LT so I can make some money on them :D

Dave83
10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I believe if they are LT they will have a "gull wing" shape to them.The shock mount will be alot lower than standard arms.

rebelbanshee
10-03-2005, 07:11 PM
the Rolls are gull wing

rebelbanshee
10-04-2005, 02:44 PM
OK I confirmed today that the Laegers I have are indeed +2 standard travel arms.

The Roll arms I have measure to be +3 and the shock mount is at 8 3/4" out from the pivot which is 1 1/2" farther out that standard travel. Does this sound like a Roll LT setup? Anyone know what length shock these would use? The Roll arms will be forsale if anyone is interested.

zedicus00
10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
yup thas a Roll LT setup, whatchya want for them ancan u post a pic?? theyll take 18" to 20" inch shocks with 19.5" and 19.25" being the most comon

rebelbanshee
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Heres a shot of them. They need one new upper arm spherical ($50) A new set of bushings ($96) The other 3 sphericals are tight.

The clown I bought them from was kind enough to spray paint them just before he sent them, so the lowers finish isnt too good and have newspaper fuzz stuck to them:ermm:

The uppers really arnt as bad as they look in the picture. The bad spots you see is where the chrome is peeled and the nikel underneath is showing, whcih doesnt pick the flash up like the chrome. At a distance it isnt noticable.

No dents at all on them.

The mounts look like they were modified to fit on a 400ex, so some spacing will need to be done. They do have tie rods and ends

Thats pretty much everything about them. $450 shipped seem fair?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/rebelbanshee/rolldesign004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/rebelbanshee/rolldesign003.jpg