PDA

View Full Version : Gncc

rYan01400EX
10-03-2005, 06:14 PM
First off, I realize that this probably does not belong here but anyways, I am interested in getting into this. I have been riding for quite some time now and figured its time to do a little more then put around the farm. I was just wondering where everyone thinks I should start. I am 15 years old, riding a 2001 400EX.. Don't pay attention to my signature cause it's way off due to motor rebuild. Anyways, It's getting all the chassis work this winter. I am highly interested in racing the GNCC and would like to know where the best place for me to start would be. I appreciate it all guys and apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject. Also, my friend would like to know where he should start.. 16 years old on a 300EX. Once again, thanks to those who can help!

Pappy
10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
id say once you reach 16, start off in First Year Racer class, or one of the C classes if you intend to race more then 1.

id also have your buddy try the sport class, leaving one of you free to help pit for the other!

rYan01400EX
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks Pappy. I appreciate the response.. Sounds like a plan. Also pappy, whats your prices on powdercoating? I'd like to know what a Translucent Red frame with black sub frame, black a-arms, and black swinger would run me through you?

Mxjunkie
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I love xc so much more, Personally mx is a money game you race c-class with kids with 20 grand quads and outfits for every moto etc. you cant compete agaisnt that even if you tryed and they sucked.

gncc its stright up usually stock quads and everyone has a chance.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
id geuss around $300 for all that including return shipping

Pappy
10-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I love xc so much more, Personally mx is a money game you race c-class with kids with 20 grand quads and outfits for every moto etc. you cant compete agaisnt that even if you tryed and they sucked.

you need to go to a few races before stating that, even c class riders are rolling on coin.

rYan01400EX
10-03-2005, 07:20 PM
It'd just be something for me to do. I love quads with a passion. It'd be nice to get out and meet new people who love the sport as much as I do. I just can't get much good riding done up here even though we have the biggest Indoor Motocross facility (Earlywine Racing MX track). But like you Mxjunkie, I'm not a huge fan of the MX races.. I couldn't win if I tried for the simple fact of me tearing up a good bit before the race was ever over. I just like to do a good bit of riding with some friends and make new friends while riding.

rYan01400EX
10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Not bad Pappy, you might be seeing my frame this winter.

prepracing
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69

not sure when the last GNCC you attended was, but 95% or more of the quads from 1st year racer all the way thru pro are decked out $$$$$$ with all the goodies, with exception to stock class and stock utility

kyex40047
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Lots of people have decked out quads in the c lass but most of them that have those nices quads can't ride them. If you spend alot of time riding and gaining experience, you can win on a stock bike. I run the same bike in the stock class at GNCC's as I do at alittle bit smaller series, Mid South hare scrambles, except there I run the A class. My suggestion is to try a few smaller series first, get use to what racing is like and then try a national. There are lots of places located in Ky or just a few hours away that you can race. Just remember that its not the bike that matters, its the rider.