PDA

View Full Version : WORCS goldendale roll call

ThumPIN_450R
10-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Who's gonna be there? oct 14, 15, 16. I'll make it if my quad is still running all I need to do is make this weekend and it's all clear to go :D

daddio
10-04-2005, 06:50 AM
we are going for sure.
Thumpin.............. why don't you strip off the plastic and check all the wire connections, and look for wires that might be rubbing on the frame, or wires that got pinched, and mabey shorting out inside the wire harness. That tumble at Richland was pretty bad, and something might have come loose because of it.

ThumPIN_450R
10-04-2005, 10:36 AM
I got the problem fixed it turns out the hot start valve was stuck inside the carb and wouldn't move. That explains why it wouldn't start when it was hot. I'm waiting on some silencer packing I ordered now. I repacked it and blew every thing completely out of it sunday and it don't run good at all with out it in there.

daddio
10-04-2005, 01:46 PM
good to hear you got it fixed. See you at goldendale. :D :D :D

ThumPIN_450R
10-04-2005, 02:02 PM
what classes is Reed racing? so far it looks like we are the only people from the largest atv forum on the net that will be at this race......

daddio
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Reed's planning on production A and if he doesn't qualify for the pro-am on sunday, he'll ride open A for a second chance to qualify. then sunday, if he doesn't make the pro-am, he'll race sport A. The Blaster is very tired, and I won't have it ready in two weeks. I'm trying to get the '06 back together.
Sean and Mary are also going.
I'm suprised there isn't anyone from Idaho chiming in on the net.

quadmonkey
10-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm planning on going....it will be my first race, so I might be a little lost.

WORCSYFZ199
10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
It's like a 20 hour drive for us so if my friend is going I'll hitch a ride with him, but if not I won't be going, I really hope that I can go! if I go, I'll be running Open A and Pro-Am like usual.

QuadJunkies
10-05-2005, 12:34 AM
We got some riders here going... Im guessing maybe 6 or so...

daddio
10-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by quadmonkey
I'm planning on going....it will be my first race, so I might be a little lost.

that's great. Don't be afraid to ask questions. everybody at a WORCS race, is very helpful.

Duncanracer
10-05-2005, 01:48 PM
i'll be there if i'm healed in time

nearly broke my back about 2 weeks ago, so we'll see how it goes....

AndreS
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
planning on it...
now i just need to scrounge up gas money

d kelley
10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Good luck in Goldendale Zack. I dont think we can make it for this one. Just a little to far out of our range. Hope worcs doesnt start standing for washington off road championship series. Man, thats a long trek for us So. Nev. racers. Next year is going to be tough with 2 races up there. Have fun and see you in Mesquite for sure!

QuadJunkies
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
i'll be there if i'm healed in time

nearly broke my back about 2 weeks ago, so we'll see how it goes.... Sorry to hear that, I had a back injury last winter so I know how that feels! :( speedy recovery ;)

400grl
10-06-2005, 08:03 AM
It's even farther for us AZ racers......I will be skipping WA as well..........hopefully we can make Mesquite!

quadmonkey
10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by daddio
that's great. Don't be afraid to ask questions. everybody at a WORCS race, is very helpful.

Hey thanks!!

So question for everyone now....Since I'm a newb, I notice that the pro's have a pit row and they refuel and whatnot.....

Is this something that I will need to plan for, or not?

Also, for the class, I have a stock Z400 quad (except for tether, and nerf bars). I'm thinking I should race in the Stock C class?

Thanks in advance!

ThumPIN_450R
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey thanks!!

So question for everyone now....Since I'm a newb, I notice that the pro's have a pit row and they refuel and whatnot.....

Is this something that I will need to plan for, or not?

Also, for the class, I have a stock Z400 quad (except for tether, and nerf bars). I'm thinking I should race in the Stock C class?

Thanks in advance!

A stock Z400 with a C class rider should be able to make the full 45 minutes. The stock C class is defanatley where you should be at if you're on a stock quad with C class abilitys. The reason the pro's and Pro-am racers pit is becuase the pro and pro-am main on sunday is and hour and a half all of the other races are 45 minutes.

AndreS
10-06-2005, 09:54 PM
yes, stock C sounds like the place you'd fit in. they allow changing tires, handlebars, and having the stock shocks redone too.. (as long as you keep the stock bodies) in stock class too.

you souldn't need gas on a stock quad in 45-60 minutes of racing.... you might need someone to hold on to a spare goggles or gloves if it's really muddy.... get a camelback if you haven't got one. definitely have 3-4 tear-offs on the goggles too.

ThumPIN_450R
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
the race is getting closer so I though this deserved a big BUMP

daddio
10-11-2005, 11:45 AM
good job. are you getting excited thumpin? I hope alot of people will show up. How's the weather been over there?

quadmonkey
10-11-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm excited! But at the same time, extremely nervous with it being my first Quad race.

It's all kinda weird for me going from a top semi-pro downhill mtn bike racer to low man on the totem pole in the ATV scene...but it will be fun!!:D

QuadJunkies
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm excited! But at the same time, extremely nervous with it being my first Quad race.

It's all kinda weird for me going from a top semi-pro downhill mtn bike racer to low man on the totem pole in the ATV scene...but it will be fun!!:D you will have to give us all the details when your done, I would be nervous too!! I have never done a WORCS event, just been there taking pics and videos. Im not sure I could last a whole race :o but then again, theres NO WAY im going to DNF ANY race unless I broke down, even if I was riding it in 1st gear to finish! :macho :p

ThumPIN_450R
10-11-2005, 01:50 PM
good job. are you getting excited thumpin? I hope alot of people will show up. How's the weather been over there?

the weather has been great lately. I'm a bit nervouse about some parts showing up but other than that I'm good to go. The decompression spring is at the dealer right now I'm gonna pick it up before I go to work that's the most important thing I need. I'm waiting on a clarke tank and new clutch and I should be good to go for the weekend. quadmonkey, for you're first race just go out have a good time and try not to crash. With the mountain bike experiance I'm sure you'll do just fine.

WORCSYFZ199
10-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Good luck in Goldendale Zack. I dont think we can make it for this one. Just a little to far out of our range. Hope worcs doesnt start standing for washington off road championship series. Man, thats a long trek for us So. Nev. racers. Next year is going to be tough with 2 races up there. Have fun and see you in Mesquite for sure!

Thanks man, yeah it's far for me too but luckily I'm hitchin a ride with my buddy and gonna make it, I need a win for some Maxxis money and points cause I'm 2nd place by 3 points so I need a win and hopefully the guy leadin points won;t show up cause I think he lives in AZ or something like that, anyways I'll tell you about how I do when I get back.

ThumPIN_450R
10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
it looks like I won't be making it now, I got the spring in and the same problem keeps happening. I'm gonna try to get it fixed but right now it looks like I'm staying home this weekend.

QuadJunkies
10-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
it looks like I won't be making it now, I got the spring in and the same problem keeps happening. I'm gonna try to get it fixed but right now it looks like I'm staying home this weekend. sorry to hear that :(

daddio
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
it looks like I won't be making it now, I got the spring in and the same problem keeps happening. I'm gonna try to get it fixed but right now it looks like I'm staying home this weekend.

what is happening? Mitchel's might have some spare Honda parts laying around. I hear Drew got an '06 YFZ.

ThumPIN_450R
10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
what is happening? Mitchel's might have some spare Honda parts laying around. I hear Drew got an '06 YFZ.

rons racing the honda this weekend becuase his yammy is blown up. If this crap keeps happening with my honda it may be going down the road prettys soon. The problem is I can't get it started and when it does it won't run it just bogs and sputter and won't get above a certain rpm and the instant I let off the gas the motor dies. I've had the carb apart and checked ever wire and connection on the thing and it still won't run. I've even put the stock ignition on with no success.

daddio
10-12-2005, 01:22 PM
turn the petcock on with the fuel line unhooked from the motor, and see if it's flowing enough fuel. I have had "gunk" get into the petcock and partially block it, causing simular symptoms. You might also check your cam timing. the chain might have jumped a tooth when you crashed. Bresher's bike did that once.

ThumPIN_450R
10-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I have checked the pet cock but I will check the chain. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

daddio
10-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I have checked the pet cock but I will check the chain. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

so you probably checked the vent tube and the check valve in the gas cap, also..................

evelo241
10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey everybody, just giving a shout to everybody that is going to be at Goldendale. This year I have recruited a couple of riders and am going to bring them along to give them the experience to the Worcs Series. Honda Jay (331), Matt (294?), Richard (24v), and myself (241). Come on down and swing by the JOE BYRD.com/ Herrmann Racing trailer and check out Joe Byrd Quad Riding School's 2005 Yamaha.

Curtis

daddio
10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
that's great. the more that turn out for this event, the better it is for future events.

ThumPIN_450R
10-14-2005, 10:59 AM
the cam was out of time and I fixed that and it still won't start. It just made it easier to kick I think I may be pulling the head off to have a look at the piston next.

quadmonkey
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, I just got back home (unable to stay for sunday's races) and I had a blast!!

There were 5 people in the Stock C class, and to my surprise I ended up in 1st place!!!

The track was pretty muddy when we went out as they watered the track right before our race.

A little sore, but all in all, I had a great time!!

ThumPIN_450R
10-15-2005, 10:16 PM
good to hear that you finished well and had a good time. I may go check out the action tommorow if I'm not feeling to aggravated about my pile not running. Where do you live? you should come and check out some local motocross races.

QuadJunkies
10-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Well, I just got back home (unable to stay for sunday's races) and I had a blast!!

There were 5 people in the Stock C class, and to my surprise I ended up in 1st place!!!

The track was pretty muddy when we went out as they watered the track right before our race.

A little sore, but all in all, I had a great time!! congrats!!! I have a freind I think raced that class as well on a blue YFZ,his name is Cody. SO ya gonna go to more WORCS races ??!!:blah:

quadmonkey
10-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
congrats!!! I have a freind I think raced that class as well on a blue YFZ,his name is Cody. SO ya gonna go to more WORCS races ??!!:blah:

Was he young? If so, he lined up right next to me. I got a terrible start, so he got the jump on me going into the first turn. You know, I thought that he got 1st, I don't even know where I passed him at.

But yes, I will be attending more WORCS races in the future. Probably not the next one, but forsure hit quite a few of them next year.

quadmonkey
10-16-2005, 08:58 AM
good to hear that you finished well and had a good time. I may go check out the action tommorow if I'm not feeling to aggravated about my pile not running. Where do you live? you should come and check out some local motocross races.

I live on the eastside of Seattle....Guess I should fill out my profile eh?

QuadJunkies
10-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Was he young? If so, he lined up right next to me. I got a terrible start, so he got the jump on me going into the first turn. You know, I thought that he got 1st, I don't even know where I passed him at.

But yes, I will be attending more WORCS races in the future. Probably not the next one, but forsure hit quite a few of them next year. Hes 18 and has red hair if that helps any...

WORCSYFZ199
10-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah I made it with my buddies and would have gotten 4th in Open A but I ran out of gas, I didn't think that would happen with the big tank I have on it but I guess that course uses tons of gas, so I ended up 5th but now I'm the Open A points leader going into Mesquite.