PDA

View Full Version : Pappy

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey, did you ever find out about how much for my full yoshi to get ceramic coated?

Also, just picked up a 85 yz80 for free that ill start restoring AFTER i get this SR project done. Going same color scheme here, how much am i looking at for a bluevein frame and sub for this lil fella?

Lastly, did you get my pm about that elka? Just let me know, i actually have $200 now for it, then can pay the rest in a week or 2..possibly 3.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
i will be going to that company tomarrow so i will get a price on the pipe.

bike frame and swinger would be around $100+ s/h

id really like to sell the elka asap, but im sure i could work something out for you.

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
I have a pickup from DHL tomorrow to get some rims i just sold on ebay. Let me know what you want to do (if you want to do anything) with that elka all ill slap a MO in there with the parts that are going down. And probably by the time they are dont i should have the rest for the elka to get sent back with my parts im sending down.

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Better yet i have $230 in my paypal accound that i cant get out. Ill send that to you tonight if youll accept it.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 03:24 PM
thats fine, ill work with you on the elka.

you have my paypal account?

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Sure do, i just took out enough to reach my limit on my paypal account. So i have $230 sitting in there i cant get out till next month.

Would you like me to send that to you now as a "down payment"?
I boxed up the exhaust and other misc parts i told you about and they will go out tomorrow or wednesday.

In that case, consider the elka sold!!

Pappy
10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
if you would like, send $200 to hold the shock and ill set it aside for you...no problem.

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 04:38 PM
need your email address and you'll recieve payment in about 5 min:D

400exbiggun
10-03-2005, 04:55 PM
sent ya payment:D

400exbiggun
10-04-2005, 06:19 PM
you recieved my payment right....just making sure i sent it to the right address...

Pappy
10-04-2005, 06:48 PM
yessir

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 06:41 PM
You should receive my package tomorrow. I shipped DHL this time and not USPS.
Once those parts are done give me a holla and ill send out a MO for that, the spindles and the Elka as well if thats ok with you.

Pappy
10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
they arrived tonight. i welded up 2 cracks in the ehadpipe and one on the stinger.

everything is coated now, except the hubs and the silencer strap. ill drop the pipe off tomarrow for ceramic coating, but i have no clue what it will cost to have done.

the coating price for the parts you sent is $60 + $10 return shipping. if youd like, send that amount down and the balance for the shock and ill ship this all out when recieved. you can send more down once the pipe is completed

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 06:55 PM
What about the spindles? Still have them?

Also, didnt even know my pipes were cracked? Was it bad? I honestly had no idea at all there were cracks in them.

Also can you please PM me again with your paypal address and your mailing address. I seem to have deleted your pm's with them.

So its $70 for the parts, and i still owe $250 for the elka correct? So ill get you out a $320 MO.

Damn im soooo poor:eek2:

Pappy
10-11-2005, 06:59 PM
nothing bad, the hanger mount was cracked, and a small crack next to one of the exhaust shield mounts. no charge to fix, i see it all the time.

i forgot about the spindles, yes i have them $30 will cover them.

Pappy
10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I also totally forgot to get before pics for you school project:( ill get a few shots of the next set of stock hubs that come in.

here are some finished pics for you to save for the school.

Pappy
10-11-2005, 07:15 PM
pegs

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 07:15 PM
its ok, i snapped one quick one s i threw all them in the box.

Post away the more pics i have the better. Damn it needs to be done may 1st, 2 days before my b-day and i still dont have a roller yet:o

Pappy
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
and i also have a complete 400ex rear linkage here if you still need one. let me know and ill coat it. just add $20 to the total

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 07:20 PM
hold it for me, i would take it now but i think i might start to get carried away with buying too much. I have about $2k in the bank for my motor for my car, might have to suck it up and break into the bank to finish this project soon.

You will be getting a MO for the parts you just coated, spindles, and my elka by the end of the week, then when the pipe is done ill pay for that and the linkage. So i guess yes you can coat that, with the black swinger can you do something different?

Pappy
10-11-2005, 07:24 PM
lol...i could do the linkage up real trick, but you said you didnt like polished parts haha

id say just do it in stealth and be done with it. fast and easy etc.

also, what color front hubs do you have so i can see what we should do the rear hubs in?

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I dont even have front hubs yet...period. LoL

here are the parts i have that are coated alread
Frame--gloss black
Subframe--Candy blue
Lower a-arms --gloss black
upper a-arms-- candy blue
tierods --gloss black
silencer can--gloss black
thats pretty much all i have besides what you have. I dont want to get overboard with black.

Something blue with the hubs i guess since the rims will be stealth or gloss black. And the swingarm probably stealth as well.

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
ok ok ok, guess i could have 1 polished part on the entire quad. Lol, but thats the only exception:D

Pappy
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
ok hubs get trans blue to match the other parts.

400exbiggun
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Just realized that i have no front shocks also:eek: . I bought some c-dales only to find out too late they have too short of a stroke. Now that i went elka rear might as well go elka front. So if you see any deals come up give me a buzz.

Pappy
10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
will do

Pappy
10-12-2005, 07:27 AM
also, i forgot the oil tank. it was taken from the box and soaked in cleaner to remove oil and nasty stuff before stripping. i noticed the drain neck is cracked. it will be repaired and shot stealth black.

400exbiggun
10-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Damn i got some pretty beat parts huh?:ermm:

Pappy
10-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
Damn i got some pretty beat parts huh?:ermm:

the oil tank is very common to have cracks. the one hub looks like it was way over torqued or run loose but it should still be usuable. the splines still look good.

400exbiggun
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Got these hubs on the durablue axle. One was so tight its not even funny, took forever with a impact to get it off. The other one was on finger tight. So i have no idea. When it was on, i checked the splines on the durablue and they all appeared good as well, so hopefully it will be good still.

Also got the MO today it will go out tomorrow. Finally starting to come together, got my houser ball joints, a-arm bushings, and sleeves today so i can finally assemble this stuff.

Also thanks a ton pappy, your pc'ing is just insane. I really cant wait for this beast to get done, it will be pretty sweet. Maybe i will finally attend one of these meets at Rausch next year and get to meet the man behind the madness :D :blah:

Swingarm will go out next paycheck. (monday)

Pappy
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
no prob, helping out someone who is starting with ziltch is right up my alley.

do you have engine mounts, shifter and brake lever? fender mounts? i think i have a complete set here if needed

JDiablo
10-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I dont want to get overboard with black.

mine isn't going to have alot of black,pappy will know what im talking about,lol

looks like it will be coming out good

400exbiggun
10-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I finally made a full list of everything i need.
-Motor
-Shifter
-Rear brake lever
-Front master cylinder*
-Front calipers*
-Front lines (going stainless)
-Rear master cylinder/rezzie*
-Rear caliper*
-Rear line (stainless)
-Gas tank and sheild*
-Rear shock linkage
-Front shocks (tripple rate remote or piggyback Elkas)
-Fender mounts (front and rear)
-Front hubs
-Front rotors*
-Rear rotor*
-Rear rotor hub (or is it the sprocket hub that dosent come on the durablue?)*
-Stem (burgard)*
-Tie rod ends*
-Swingarm skid

The stuff with the * i can get when ever i get off my but and pick them up from my buddy.

If you have anything up there pappy and im sure im forgetting something, might as well just pc it and tack it onto my bill for the pipe (which did you get a price yet?????) and the linkage. Ill pay for that and the swinger all together.

Also when i send the swinger to you can you throw some bushings in the pivot area? I always mess them up installing them, kinda like my houser a-arm bushings. Buggered one of them up, good thing i had 2 good old ones still left.

Pappy
10-12-2005, 06:07 PM
yes, just send down the bushings with the swing arm.

ill send along every small part i have, we will figure the $$ out later. its just stuff i have in a box that i dont need so ill be easy with ya.

400exbiggun
10-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Ever find out about how much that ceramic coating is going to run? They are doing all 3 parts correct?

Pappy
10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
no i sure didnt. i stopped by there yesterday on teh way home and plum forgot, and i was due back there today to pick up a few frames but it rained non stop so that idea got set aside.

ill be going by there tomarrow or friday morning and ill take the pipe along.

400exbiggun
10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
trust me, no rush. You know im not in a hurry, just wondering how much more i need to budget for.
Whenever you get the chance is fine. A exhaust is the last thing i need, i just got that one free is why im making it nice.:D I plan to get it as a roller before anything else.
I also forgot i need front and rear rims, but i may already have a set of burgard rear beadlocks and stock fronts.

So once this money order arrives are you going to ship out the elka, my parts and the spindles?

Then when the swingarm gets there, weld that, pc that and send that back with the pipe, all the small parts and linkage once i get a bill for that correct?

Sorry if i keep repeating myself i just have soooo many things going on between about 5 different projects i dont know what is what anymore.:confused:

Pappy
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
yep, money order arrives, the parts and shock go out.

400exbiggun
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Pappy, what would you charge to shoot some 18'' car rims a gunmetal color? I just sold some to a fella on ebay who when they arrived they got damaged in shipping. Some scratches.

Just all 4 car rims, 18'' in a solid color, nothing fancy.

400exbiggun
10-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Did you recieve my money order yet?

Also i got the swinger all packaged up, never got the bearings guess ill just slap them in. But this is the swinger that i know for a fact has at least 2 hairline cracks in it, and needs skidplate mounts welded on. Guess going candy blue? It will go out monday or tuesday.

Pappy
10-16-2005, 12:47 PM
id have to think about the rims, im so slammed with quads and harley work i dont really know if i would want to tackle car rims.

havent seen the MO yet, no worries.

no prob on the cracks and mounts, ill handle it

400exbiggun
10-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Dont worry about the car rims anymore, i just gave partial refund.

hmm i believe i sent out that money order thursday so you should have seen it, if not then monday.

Pappy
10-20-2005, 04:02 PM
havent seen the MO yet, just keeping you updated.

tank is done

400exbiggun
10-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Are you serious? I thought you pmed me saying you finally got the money order?
If USPS just lost $360 im gonna be a little pissed:grr:

400exbiggun
10-20-2005, 04:08 PM
And dhl came bout 12 for the swinger, so thats on the way. If the money for the hipers gets there before the elka, im seriously going down to the post office and givving them a peice of my mind. Good thing i actually kept the recipt for this money order.

Pappy
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
i recieved the paypal payment if i remember correctly for partial payment on the shock(i think thats what it was for)

and as i type this the wife is telling me she did get it..lmao

400exbiggun
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
ok good, i did paypal you $200 i believe for the shock to hold it, then i paied you for my parts you just coated, the spindles, and the elkas, which was what this money order was for (i believe). I still owe you for the yoshi, the swinger when it gets there, and the other small parts you said you have including the likage. And the Hiper payment is in the box with the swinger.

DHL seems to ship pretty quick, so you can wait if you want to get the hipers out with my elka and pc'ed parts.

Pappy
10-20-2005, 05:43 PM
everything except the hipers and the exhaust will go out tomarrow. 3 boxes if im not loosing my mind...lol

i didnt do jack with the linkage, no time to tear it apart. if you want to press out the bearings and send it back ill coat n/c

other then that, we will be waiting on the swinger to arrive and the pipe to be completed

400exbiggun
10-21-2005, 04:34 AM
ill tear the linkage apart...sure. Cant really assemble anthing without a swinger and linkage:p

Just let me know when the swingarm gets there, im thinking candy blue for that:D And dont forget, it needs skid plate mounts welded and i know its cracked in at least 2 spots.

400exbiggun
10-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Pappy the bar box arrived ripped and EMPTY!!!!!:(
Called DHL and I cant do anything, they said the shipper needs to call and make a claim report.
Damn DHL, should say it was a pair of flexx bars:D

Pappy
10-24-2005, 01:37 PM
i will call dhl. what brand bars where they and what do you estimate thier value at?

400exbiggun
10-24-2005, 07:26 PM
They were tag t-2 fatbars, no idea on the retail. I got them cheap but i know i cant get them at that price again.

PLease just let me know...this sucks. I didnt open the box, because i know when i had to go through USPS they wanted to see the damaged goods or what was left. I can send a pic. Just the corner is torn off enough to get the bars out. I highly doubt it "just fell out" and my house is back a ways from the road so no one would see a package and just take it.

Kinda sucks, after going through all this, buying them shippin em...pc'n em.

Looked on ebay and they have BIN at $89.95 so i guess thats the retail?

QuadJunkies
10-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Are you serious? I thought you pmed me saying you finally got the money order?
If USPS just lost $360 im gonna be a little pissed:grr: I have lost a few things threw the USPS.I have NO FAITH in those people :ermm:

Pappy
10-25-2005, 05:34 AM
they havent contacted me as of 7:30 am, but im sure they will.
yes, leave the box the way it is.

the money order came a few days later then he expected it to arrive here, but it did arrive..lol

400exbiggun
10-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes, im glad it did arrive. The only shipping company that has yet to mess up a package for me is UPS so far. Fedex delivered a package to a buyer in peices, USPS lost so many of my packages, and now DHL delivers a Empty box. Im going to call DHL today also, its a little stupid they said i cant do anything.

Also did the swinger arrive yet witht he hiper payment?

400exbiggun
10-25-2005, 08:50 AM
also just picked up a 465 stroker bottom end for $150, seized crank. SO while im splitting the cases im going to ship them out to you for some stealth black.

QuadJunkies
10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Yes, im glad it did arrive. The only shipping company that has yet to mess up a package for me is UPS so far. Fedex delivered a package to a buyer in peices, USPS lost so many of my packages, and now DHL delivers a Empty box. Im going to call DHL today also, its a little stupid they said i cant do anything.

Also did the swinger arrive yet witht he hiper payment? I had a friend here that Got an empty box with new suspention in it... :eek: The company didnt insure the pkg so he was out all the money... Can you believe that crap!!! :grr:

QuadJunkies
10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
also just picked up a 465 stroker bottom end for $150, seized crank. SO while im splitting the cases im going to ship them out to you for some stealth black. thats what I have, you will like ;)

Pappy
10-25-2005, 01:06 PM
no prob on the cases.

yes, hipers will go out, swinger and MO arrived

400exbiggun
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
PLease dont forget to get some skid mounts welded on. And candy blue for the swinger. I guess ill be a little more patient. If you dont hear from DHL then im going to call and give em hell.

400exbiggun
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats what I have, you will like

You have a 465 as well? I was not planning a 465 at all. Actually i really wanted a trashed motor (topend) to just build, mild port and polish, and then a 426. But i got this stroker pretty cheap (or so at least i think) Seeing as how botton ends end on ebay at the $350-400 range and you dont know whats really wrong with them. This i bought from a close buddy who i bought almost everything pappy pc'ed so far.
Really really dont want to run race fuel, what comp ratio should i get so i can run max 93-94 octane?

Damn this is one long *** thread...lol.

400exbiggun
10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks pappy

Before....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p37fc72d5dc77f1a2a70d2620c496cbbb/f1bc6cca.jpg

Arrived home...too bad the bars cant join the group:(
The red spindles might stick out a little but we will work with it.:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p0df59bbc951682fd14a86fb9e3494daa/f1bc6cfb.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pb094759e5f0ebdf1d72be9e03d821e85/f1bc6d47.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p626785744890d85285bbe98671757f56/f1bc6d99.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p3e00c2c6fa168de2390eed5740803535/f1bc6dcf.jpg

Its too soggy outside to hit the shed. My Frame and front end are hangin' from my celing in the shed. Once the hipers, swinger and my bearing carrier arrive ill move her on the engine hoist;) into the garage and snap more pics.

Thanks alot pappy...we are about 3/4 the way there with the pc'in...motor, various brackets, stem, and some other little parts and we are golden.

400exbiggun
11-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Any news on the swinger or pipe?

Pappy
11-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Any news on the swinger or pipe?

the pipe is awaiting polishing, the swinger should be stripped and ready for me to pick up on thursday(along with the pipe) then i can add the skid plate mounts and coat it.

no word back yet from dhl about the bars, still working on that just for your info.

400exbiggun
11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
No worries, guess my mom got pissed at DHL and got ahold of a nice person. They sent her papers via email. I guess the lady didnt know what to make the amount for so she made it for $100. But I think she has it covered.

Pappy
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
thats further then ive gotton with them. they claim they are putting customer service priority #1 ....my arse:ermm: 4 emails before a response.

400exbiggun
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Well i dont know how she did it. I called them 3 times. Both times they said i cant do anything. Then she called once and now im getting $100:rolleyes: . Well not yet, still need to fill out paper work and fax it back to them.
But regardless ill be shipping with UPS or USPS from now on. DHL is cheap and pretty quick but they messed up so many orders of mine already its not funny. Like that frame i send to you that i paied up frnt then 3 weeks later i got a bill for a aditional $190, the missing bars, but the only good thing i shipped a $80 car bumper about 4 months ago and never got the bill.:D

Regardless, just let me know when the stuff is done and the total and ill get it out to you. When i get that i have a couple more parts here, none of which are big. Just inner cases, side case, linkage, possibly stem, bumper, hubs, calipers...think thats about all i have left on this quad...lol

Pappy
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
update.....

the headpipe is done and still awaiting polishing. i have been there 4 times to pick up parts and your pipe and today i let them know i wasnt very happy with the service:ermm:

thier response was..."we dont make a living off quad parts":confused:

funny, the $2200 ive handed them in the past month for work they have preformed sure seemed like money to me:mad:

QuadJunkies
11-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
update.....

the headpipe is done and still awaiting polishing. i have been there 4 times to pick up parts and your pipe and today i let them know i wasnt very happy with the service:ermm:

thier response was..."we dont make a living off quad parts":confused:

funny, the $2200 ive handed them in the past month for work they have preformed sure seemed like money to me:mad:

EWWWWW.. That would have PI$$ED me off! :mad: It might not be there "bread and butter" but they are still doing a serivce for you and as long as they are, they shoudlnt be telling there customers that crap!

Pappy
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
WELL, I CERTAINLY START A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP ON THAT FOOTING:p

i had heard of this type of service from thier customers that are now my customers, i wonder why:confused: i will still use them, but they wont be getting the percentage of work from me that they have been until they show an improvement.

400exbiggun
11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
That sucks, well not that the parts are not done, but their attitude. If they dont make money off it, why bother then? Even if they dont make that much its still a customers part, and should be done in a reasonable amount of time.

How is the swinger comming along?

Take your time too, just got my $241 bill from Houser just for new ball joints and bushings:eek2:

Pappy
11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
well,my plan was that all parts would be done today. then tomarrow i could coat everything i have here and ship on monday. i am assumiong by tuesday they will be finished, if not then i will strip them myself. i would be stripping them myself anyway, but i am just covered up with all types of work, and spending 8 hours in a blasting suit aint my thing:p

400exbiggun
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Thats good news, cause tuesday is payday.

BTW, any idea on what im going to owe ya? Just so i can be prepared...im sure that exhaust is gonna rack up some pretty numbers huh?

Pappy
11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
honestly i havent a clue on the exhaust, but my cost is your cost.

ill work with you on the rest, i was young once:D

400exbiggun
11-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank you very much...your awsome.

Once I get past this little "section" ill be golden, right now i have so many things I need to pay for its insane. All at the same time, my cell bill, insurance, houser bill, DHL bill...and these parts are pretty much all done in the same week, lol.
On top of that I just need another hundred or 2 for my car's tranny. Once I get that tranny and all this junk out of the way ill be smooth sailing:rolleyes: Its all good, once i get paied for all the junk I have been selling on ebay and stop getting dicked around it will be fine.

Just let me know when the parts are done and ill get ya the $$ either way.

Oh and I got the bearings out of the linkage, im just waiting for more funds to come in before i ship that out with some engine cases.

400exbiggun
11-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Just checkin' in.:confused:

Pappy
11-20-2005, 04:23 AM
everything should be done this coming week. you ready to send some money:D

400exbiggun
11-20-2005, 06:58 AM
of course i am:D

Know about how much it all came to??

400exbiggun
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
well got some news...could be good, could be bad either way.

DHL is still dicking around (im really starting to hate this company) they try so hard to get out of everything.

In the letter they said the sender (you) need to send a signed letter with your companies letter head, stating how you shipped the item, and how it arrived as a empty box. They also said you need to include a invoice. :rolleyes: According to the letter they only cover up to $100 and the lady on the phone a while ago said she filed it for $100, so i guess thats what the invoice should be.

If you want i can scan and send the letter to you so you can try to understand what i just said:D . I'll just need your email addy though.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 06:21 PM
give me your email addy and i will send over a reciept and a letter

400exbiggun
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
my email address is
a_integra_87@yahoo.com

Its got to be signed, so i guess you can work your magic in paint:D or try to scan it.
You could just slap a letter in the box with the swinger and pipe when you send em back.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
i just looked at your invoice, and it shows nowhere that you bought a set of bars, only a reciept for coating them.

i will send a reciept for the pc work, shipping and a letter that explains how the box left here, but you will need to provide DHL with an invoice showing the value of the bars.

Pappy
11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
swing arm is finished, all cracks repaired and skidplate mounts were added. total is $55 + $9 shipping

your pipe is still awaiting polishing:mad:

400exbiggun
11-24-2005, 04:23 PM
thats sweet...what color is the swinger...candy blue?

:rolleyes: to the pipe, guess that company is a little lazy.

You want payment now or when the pipe is done?

Pappy
11-24-2005, 05:04 PM
im in no hurry bud, whenever you get a chance you can send it down.

its gloss black just like the frame. turned out sweet too.

400exbiggun
11-29-2005, 05:25 PM
guess ill wait then till my pipe is done, hopefully they will stop draggin their feet. I really wanna see this thing.

Pappy
11-30-2005, 01:39 AM
guess ill wait then till my pipe is done, hopefully they will stop draggin their feet. I really wanna see this thing.

yeah me too, i did not even take the other pipes over there seeing as they are taking forever on yours. i geuss they dont feel like making money:mad:

400exbiggun
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
are they doing the header, midpipe and the silencer? Or just the header?

Pappy
11-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I THINK ITS JUST THE HEADER AND INTERNAL PARTS OF THE CANISTER. ITS ACTUALLY COATED AND AWAITING POLISHING. (DAMN CAPS LOCK)

im going there tomaroow so hopefully they will have it completed. if not maybe i will polish one of thier heads with it

400exbiggun
11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
did you ever find out what that costin me? or not until they finish it up?

Pappy
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
im goping to raise enough hell that hopefully they will cut the cost. i have yet to be told what to expect.

Pappy
12-01-2005, 05:12 PM
ok, finally got ahold of the main man and he says next week when i pick up frames your pipe will be polished. regularly its $95 but i moaned and groaned and he cut it to $55.

so looks like $110 + 15 shipping (pipe and swing arm) will finish you up.

400exbiggun
12-02-2005, 03:57 AM
pappy, you are the man....i could kiss you right now:blah:
money will get sent to ya on tues via MO

JDiablo
12-02-2005, 08:10 AM
pappy, you are the man....i could kiss you right now:blah:
money will get sent to ya on tues via MO

Im sure he gets that alot

400exbiggun
12-02-2005, 08:33 AM
haha, well he is saving me more money here, and has helped out alot more than anyone else knows. So im real happy.

Damn pappy im running out of things to get pc'ed here. You already did all the large items and most small ones. But i still have another box or 2 that i can fill up.:macho

400exbiggun
12-02-2005, 08:37 AM
i forgot also, what can be done to the cyl? Just clean up with glass bead or something? Or is there some other weird type of coating that can be used?

Pappy
12-02-2005, 09:01 AM
duponster had used a spray on coating on his engine and it looked awesome. id glass bead the engine parts and try that.

Dave400ex
12-04-2005, 10:01 AM
I used Dupli-Color high heat paint on my cylinder...

luvmyex
12-04-2005, 04:11 PM
how about a closer pic of the engine?

Dave400ex
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't have any great close ups, but you can see the black a little better from this side. We just ground the paint off the fins after it was dry. Looks awesome.

luvmyex
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
would that make it run hotter? does look good.

Dave400ex
12-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I haven't noticed it running hotter. I'm sure it does some, but it hasn't effected it.

400exbiggun
12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
alright, when the header is in give me a holla. Picking up my $950 tranny for my car monday:rolleyes: ...oh joy. But we will work around that when the head pipe is in.

Pappy
12-22-2005, 02:13 PM
they finally finished it. it looks much better then it did:p

400exbiggun
12-24-2005, 06:23 AM
wow........................uhhh................... ...............wow. Are you sure thats the same pipe, lol.
Thats HOTTTT. Got some $$$$ today and we will see what "santa" brings.

Also what would you charge to shoot a car valve cover candy blue. Just did my motor swap and i need the valve cover candy blue...or some really really nice color that would go well with the 06 subaru wrx blue...maybe candy orange:confused: Becasue ill send it all down as one with more ex parts too.

Pappy
12-24-2005, 06:39 AM
id have to see it, with car parts i cant really give an honest qoute until i see how much work i have in prepping it etc.

you know ill treat ya right;)

400exbiggun
12-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Its been so long since i have paied you, or sent parts. I dont even remember all whats down there...lol its been a good 2-3 weeks since i have even seen the 400ex. I really have been slacking, im going on a spree to get at least a roller by the end of january.

What all do i owe you for? Just the swinger and pipe. Just got paied today so i have some greens waiting to send.

Pappy
12-27-2005, 08:28 PM
$125 and your done, until you send more down:p

400exbiggun
12-27-2005, 08:37 PM
wahoo...and my x mas bonus was $123, what do you know. Ill try to run to the post office tomorrow as im running back and forth between the dealer and work. Sorry im a dumbass, after all the junk i sent you you think i would remember your address. Can you pm me it again, lol

400exbiggun
01-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Alright papster:eek:
I came back from the dead and crawled out of my cave...forgot to tell you I sent you a $125 MO yesterday for whatever I owe you.

What do you think the turn around time is to strip, coat and ship back that valve cover for my car? Dont really care the cost but i cant have it sitting 2 weeks with no valve cover?

Dont fret, ill get more parts to you....sooner than i prefer :rolleyes: :D

Pappy
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
what valve cover is it? and is it coated now?

400exbiggun
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
wow thats some fast replying right there...its for a integra DOHC, the paint is ****. OEM factory paint you can pick off with your finger nail...http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE2MTY5MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
There she is. Not sure on the color. The car right now is black primer...but going white or blue in a year. I want something that will look good. Thinking either candy orange or candy blue. Candy red too popular, and candy blue I had you shoot soo much of it im kinda getting sick of seeing it.

400exbiggun
01-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Maybe ill go something more fancy...red-vein or blue-vein...ever shot orange-vein?

Pappy
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
it shouldnt take more then a few days to get it done as long as it is a basic color. trans colors are ok, but with flat parts like that IMO a base color that matches the outside color of the car does more to tie the scheme together.

trust me, i see so much of the blue and red that i get sick of it myself:p

400exbiggun
01-05-2006, 05:22 PM
The car will eventually be pearl white or WRX blue...it will be quite hard to match that color. And a white valve cover would not fare too well.

really thinking either red-vein or blue vein...i guess you dont shoow many trans orange colors to know what a orange vein looks like?

I really dont want just a plain color....all the factory covers come flat texture black. So i dont want a black. I will send down my strut bar to get the same color...

400exbiggun
01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
any sign of seeing my money order yet?

Pappy
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
no sir, nothing as of todays mail run

400exbiggun
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
IM BACK!!!!!!!

Wahooo....getting a little excited here, this project is comming to a end and I got about 2 months left.

Last batch of parts...can you just give me a quick rundown for pricing on each part. Not sure If im going to send the rims out or not, as i may get newer beadlocks pretty shortly.

Set of rear single beadlock rims(stealth)
set of front single beadlock rims(stealth)
steering stem (candy blue)
swinger linkage (candy blue)
throttle body (stealth)
stator cover (stealth)
clutch cover (stealth)
rocker cover (stealth)
front hubs (candy blue) ill remove the bearings
front and rear brake calipers (candy blue) ill attempt to strip them bare of parts
and just some misc motor mounts stealth as well.

Pappy
02-22-2006, 06:25 PM
i wish we had projects like this in school:p

Set of rear single beadlock rims(stealth) $15
set of front single beadlock rims(stealth)$15
steering stem (candy blue)$25
swinger linkage (candy blue)$15
throttle body (stealth)$10
stator cover (stealth)$20
clutch cover (stealth)$20
rocker cover (stealth)$20
front hubs (candy blue) ill remove the bearings$15 each
front and rear brake calipers (candy blue) ill attempt to strip them bare of parts$15 each
and just some misc motor mounts stealth as well.$5 each

Im hookin' ya up because i know your doing this for your senior project. When you get educated and become rich, I will raise your prices to $65 a part
:D

400exbiggun
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
haha, thank you sooo much pappy. You have no idea how much I appreciate this!!!

Pulled the fried piston from the CYL today, so tomorrow after work ill get all the parts boxed up and right after school ill get them shipped asap to ya.

Thanks again!

400exbiggun
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
ever got my box of crap?:confused:

Pappy
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
yep, i think it came yesterday. i have a few small jobs to button up then im diving in:p

400exbiggun
03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
oh its alright no rush, just wanted to make sure it got there...plus for once i actually HAVE money that I can pay you with ASAP, lol.

Pappy
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
haha, well ill get to it for sure, i wasnt delaying it due to payment etc. i usually do the work then wait for payment so no biggie.

Pappy
03-31-2006, 04:18 PM
side covers

Pappy
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
camera battery is dying:chinese:

400exbiggun
04-02-2006, 06:52 PM
lookin good, you know what to do...when everything is all said and done, hit me up with a cost and the $$ will be on the way.

Thanks Pappy:devil:

Pappy
04-02-2006, 06:56 PM
no prob....

everything si now done, except the cylinder, i havent decided what to do yet:p

Pappy
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
i geuss i decided

Pappy
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
ill get you a total

400exbiggun
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
ohhhh, so hot.
:devil: :devil:

That bore dosent look TOO messed up to you does it? I have reasons to think this motor was run low on oil and caused that scoring because the head is pretty messed up where the cam rides as well.

Did I send the stem in this batch?

Damn this is one LONG *** thread:eek2:

Pappy
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
yeppers...i have the stem

400exbiggun
04-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Alrighty, MO is in the mail, just give me a hollar when they go out.
Thats the last load until after I get it assembled. I have nerfs, sprocket hub, fender brackets, rocker cover and some other junk but I cant wait for shipping and what not. May 2nd is comming up really fast:eek2:

400exbiggun
04-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Ever get my check?

Pappy
04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
nothing as of friday, but we dont check the mail on saturdays so hopefully it will be in there tomorrow. your all done ready to ship

ghost450
04-17-2006, 09:25 AM
pappy you got a pm :D

400exbiggun
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh, pappy...when ever snail mail decides to deliver my money order, upon return shipping. Please DO NOT ship VIA DHL.
You know my track record with DHL, and yet again the F'ed up another order. Something that was schedualed for delivery in NC from PA (my house) on the 12th went from PA to AZ now is in UT...how the hell is arizona and utah anywhere near NC?:grr:

I dont need another empty package to arrive, so if possible can you ship Fedex, UPS, or snail mail USPS...anything but DHL.

Pappy
04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
It must be you bud:p I ship on average 100+ packages a week and your the only one to ever have a lost item:ermm:

Your parts are already on thier way

400exbiggun
04-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Alright.

Its weird, when I got on the site to track the package the FROM address is correct for PA, and the TO address is correct for NC, but yet the package is in Utah?

IDK regardless, thanks anyway.

400exbiggun
04-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow, was not expecting to see DHL outside my house deliverinag a package...haha

everything looks sick...thanks

But do you happen to have the 3 pistons for my brake calipers???:confused:

Pappy
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
if they were sent then yes i should have them

i also have your rear mastercylinder:p

400exbiggun
04-18-2006, 05:00 PM
in that case...i think you should have my front master cylinder as well...:confused: I thought i sent them to you...then searched my shed high and low and couldnt find em, I dont know.

Pappy
04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
i know i havent seen the throttle, but i may have the master cylinder (i cant coat them because of the inspection eye etc.

ill round it up and send them to ya

400exbiggun
04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
yea i found my throttle setup still attached to the carb hiding in the bottom of the barrel that my motor sits on covered in a qt of oil:eek2:

Alrighty, send em back.

This is one hott *** looking quad, kinda miss my elka and hipers I never got to try out:ermm:...but In exchange for those hipers I got off ya I got a full set of front and rear beadlocks with new tires, and a spare set of rear burgard beadlocks with new grooved tamers. Thanks for everything pappy...have any BK Performance stickers I could buy off ya and show em proudly...haha:D

As soon as shes a roller Ill snap some pics and post em up.