PDA

View Full Version : 125CC restriction in GNCC youth classes

Pappy
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I need to gather some data to take to Racer Productions to see if we can get the CC rule limit changed for 2006. The GNC rule is a 4 stroke can be run to 125cc to level the playing field against the 2 stroke 90's. In the GNCC 90cc is the limit for both 2 and 4 strokes.

So please vote, and I look forward to your feedback.

Mxjunkie
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes, I raced minis starting out and most of the tracks you need the horse power and torqe to even get up some of the hills on the tracks nowadays..

ballisticpb
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
i am all for it... the slight increase in cc for the 4 stroke will level the playing field and turn it into the young rider and not into what atv you ride

Johnny_G
10-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm all for it, but would it not be more level if they were to raise the CC limit to 150-160 for the four strokes? I am just basing this off of the 450cc's allowed in the 250 classes, and 250cc's allowed in the 125 classes. It seems like you should be able to go bigger than 125.....Just my .02

Pappy
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I based the 125cc on what they allow in the GNC series. We are pulling 7+hp with 90cc and the 2 strokes are getting 12+ with basic engines.

Im not sure why the rule was set up this way, and i respect it, but id like to see the field leveled. Its aweful hard to get the 12+ hp out of a 90cc 4 stroke and make it reliable enough for XC. The 90cc 2 strokes are making almost 9hp with simple bolt on parts.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Anyone who votes against the rule change, please feel free to post your thoughts. Each side of this needs to be examined!

Johnny & Monica
10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Raise the limit to 125cc!! Our kids already have motor mods and it's not a problem anywhere but at the GNCCs. They just race in the modified classes or open classes. A couple weeks ago the did an MX race and that class was 90-200cc so they had to race against a blaster and a blaster mod with a kx80 motor. Not really fair but they did it and brought home 3rd and 4th. The limit would really be worth it as alot of these racers are very experienced racers and need all the speed and horsepower they can get.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm all for it myself. Only 7 Hp out of a 90cc quad that is built is not fair. I think it should be even more. But here is another thought. They have 4 stroke and 2 stroke classes in the adult classes. If they don't want to change the cc rule,why not just have a 90cc 4 stroke class. There are plenty of 4 stroke racers in the youth race to have their own class. But that wouldn't help if your going for the overall win. Just a thought. I hope they change it because I hate to see a kid get riped off and that's what they are doing to the kids.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Haha, I dont think they are ripping anyone off, i'm pretty sure it was set up this way to try and keep things safe and affordable for those racing.

Im all for safety, and keeping the power level where it is at is fine by me, i'd just like to be able to have a shot at the same power thats available from a 2 stroke and remain competitive.

This is nothing official, merely seeking some input for future discussions.

212racing
10-03-2005, 11:44 PM
sure it should be the same as every other class that combines 2 and 4 strokes

Woodsrider
10-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I think they should either increase the CC limit, or run 2 and 4stroke classes.

Hoggr9
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
If they are gonna do it for the big guys and do it in the GNC's
Then they should do it across the board.

i-zapp
10-05-2005, 10:44 AM
i agree with johnny, even a 125cc cap on 4T machines still gives the advantage to a 90 2-cycle. raise the limit.

realistically though, it ought not be looked at as a strict formula for leveling the playing field based on engine power, but rather a way to group machines and riders so that as many machines/riders can take part fairly. currently, gncc is clipping off many would-be riders that own 110s, or race 125s in gnc and want to give gncc a try. for crying out loud, this is recreation not FIA.

Pappy
10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by i-zapp
currently, gncc is clipping off many would-be riders that own 110s, or race 125s in gnc and want to give gncc a try. for crying out loud, this is recreation not FIA.

very true, i know of a few that are running illegal engines, but for 6 races a year they were not building a stock bore engine just for the nats. i actually did not run our first built engine due to the rule change, but i can fully understand someone racing what they have for the local series they are involved in.