PDA

View Full Version : Raptor VS Yfz?

Trouble
10-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Can the Raptor smole the YFZ?

tater_kamik
10-03-2005, 10:55 AM
please use the search button, there are probably about 30 minimum posts about this already!!

sikraptor700
10-03-2005, 11:08 AM
stock vs stock

for drag racing

the yfz will beat a raptor 660 in most races, unless real long the raptor 660 has a few mph more in top speed

for the raptor 700 and yfz its neck and neck depends on rider.
With equal skilled riders the 700 should win, yamaha even claims this in one of there press releses

Trouble
10-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by sikraptor700
stock vs stock

for drag racing

the yfz will beat a raptor 660 in most races, unless real long the raptor 660 has a few mph more in top speed

for the raptor 700 and yfz its neck and neck depends on rider.
With equal skilled riders the 700 should win, yamaha even claims this in one of there press releses

Thanks Sikraptor thats exactly what I wanted to know....

:D

freakystone
10-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Depends on what you are going to do with it. I have both. The YFZ is quicker, no doubt. The 700R has more low end grunt but it peters out at about 6K rpm or so. Not the high reving bike the YFZ is at all. I relate the YFZ to a Honda 250R in terms of rev and get going and the 700R to a 400EX in terms of low end torque. Obviously both machines each out perform each of the examples I gave but you get the idea.

250r4life
10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
ha ha ha ha..youve got to be kidding me that a 450 out revs a 250r.... smokin some good stuff huh...

freakystone
10-13-2005, 08:20 AM
You are missing my point, that was just an example to compare the two quads...

On another note, I got a chance to beat the new 700R last night for a few hours. On the tight trail, it was great. Lots of low end that the YFZ just doesnt have. But you sure as heck know you are towing an extra 50 lbs and you know that it is more top heavy too. Claims that it handles like the YFZ are utter BS. Sure, it handles much better than the old Raptors, but not anywhere close to a stock YFZ. A Z400 runs circles around the 700R in terms of handling even.

Power, yet she has a lot of guts, I walked away from a moderately modified Z400 (pipe, cams, powernow, airbox, rev limit).

All in all, it will be a lot of fun to play with but nothing like the YFZ for handling. At one point we played on a nice table top jump... It jumps nothing like a YFZ, which I expected ahead of time.

It obviously boils down to how you are going to ride. I think I will keep both and have the best of both worlds...