PDA

View Full Version : Everyone run and sell your 400ex...

Smoker
06-13-2002, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty underwhelmed with the dyno readings, this is with a pipe. I'm sure the z can be built to run like Doug Gusts bike but with the same amount of money thrown at it. Ride Red guys, Honda will get off there *ss eventually.http://www.fmfracing.com/workingfiles/600/LTZ400_dyno.gif

Smoker
06-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Here's your Honda of FMF, any questionshttp://www.fmfracing.com/01/dynocharts/TRX400EX%20MEGAMAX%20DYNO.jpg

Blake24
06-13-2002, 06:05 PM
honda will come out with something great....you just wait..............I JUST HOPE WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG:huh

GreatAim
06-13-2002, 06:11 PM
Is it just me or does that say that the 400ex puts out 2 more hp, stock for stock?

Punk13rym
06-13-2002, 06:34 PM
when i bought my 400ex it said on this sheet that it had 34.8 or so horsepower. but anyway doesen't it have about 28 - 30 horsepower stock? 2 more then the Z

Regulator 250X
06-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Ok ok, they dont lie, BUT, you have to know what dyno you are looking at, it could be the crank power, or it could be the rear wheels, these numbers are obviously from the rear wheels. There are two types that i know of to the rear wheels. Roll-on and all through the gears, the roll on consists of getting into your 1:1 gear ratio and moshing on it when they start the brake on the dyno. Usually the 1:1 is 4th gear on 5 speed bikes. That is prolly what these charts are. I can tell you right now that the EX's numbers are way to low for stock. When my 250x was stock i had it dynoed in 4th gear at 14 horse to the rear wheels. When i went all through the gears 3rd gear was my highest hit, it almost reached 18 horse. now tell me, if my machine will have the equivalent power of a 400, persay in this study. i would have to say that they didnt do a very good job with these numbers on either machine. oh yeah just a little more info my buddy had his 2002 foreman 450 dynoed. its peak was 26 horse i believe, and another friend of mine dynoed his 86 250r .80 over with an LRD pipe and boyeson reeds to 32 hp. So i would trust these numbers as much as i would if i dynoed them myself.

Juggalo
06-14-2002, 12:00 AM
those dyno readings don't match up with the ones up at sportquad.com. i trust sportquad.com more than i trust a manufacturer trying to promote its product. according to the sportquad dynos the z400 makes about as much stock as the one in the fmf chart with the pipe on it.

Nausty
06-14-2002, 01:35 AM
so really it looks like the stock 400ex and z400 are almost identical in power? And I wouldn't believe the one the z400 with the pipe because you know they jetted it, put on a filter and ran a pipe and went over and over again on the dyno trying to get the highest read out.

New-400ex_guy
06-14-2002, 04:07 AM
hmmm the z400 has 33 stock hp according to gt thunder. also i own both a stock 400ex and a z400 and the z has more power than the ex. it has alot more, at least it feels like too me after riding each one. trinity also got 33hp stock. i think fmf shoud get a new dyno :rolleyes: :)

06-14-2002, 04:33 AM
smoker, i have a question jethro. did you graduate the third grade? look at the charts brother!!!! all you have to do is compare the chart from the z to the ex!!!! look at 4700 rpms. look at peak h.p. i dont see a big difference in them. im not saying theres not a difference but tell me, is 1 h.p. gonna make me sell my 400 for a quad that no one knows anything about? i think not. look at the trouble the raptor has had!!!!

06-14-2002, 04:49 AM
oh and its overwhelmed!!! (the first line in your paragraph)

Smoker
06-14-2002, 05:08 AM
jason400rider, try reading what I wrote next time. Underwhelmed, I'm being sarcastic I wouldn't sell my 400ex for a Suzuki any day, I even went on to say to wait for Honda to make a new bike, I know it's tough being illiterate but there's help out there for you man. Ask your special ed teacher, maybe she'll help you. As far as the dyno reading, I know they can vary like the weather, depending on all conditions including the guy pushing the throttle. I know the Z has to make a ton more torque (also something a dyno can read but manufacters stay away from that one). It's still a bit disappointing to see a water cooled, dual overhead cam bike making even 33 hp. I also know they detune atv motors so they can stay away from the lawsuits Honda had in the 80's. It still doesn't tempt me away from Red, jason400rider.

06-14-2002, 05:24 AM
all i can say is " im sorry". i didnt read the whole thread. i didnt realize that you put in that comment about waiting on honda. thats all im waiting for as well. i apoligize, and i hope theres no hard feelings. that was a mistake on my part. i guess im just so much of a honda man that i hate to see someone go to a different brand cause of what they have right now. ive been riding hondas for 19 years, and i had a 250r and my buddy got a suzuki quadracer. i might still be mad cause my buddy that got one (lt250r) out ran me. again im very sorry!!! i hope you accept my apology.

Smoker
06-14-2002, 05:34 AM
It's cool man, sorry about the illiterate bust. I've read stuff wrong before and realized I replied something weird. I'm a Honda fan too, when they actually do it, they design the best.:p