PDA

View Full Version : yfz blowing up

trxkruzoffman
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
my cousin bought a new 2005 trx450R and he just blew it up, when he bought it our dealer told him that every so often he needs to rebuild the engine, does the yfz need to be rebuilt every so often or not??:confused:

Ride1Rob
10-03-2005, 12:49 AM
What is the bike a YFZ or a TRX? In your heading it says YFZ, in your post it says TRX??? Either way, something was not right w/ that bike. How long did he have it and the warranty should cover it if he didn't have it that long. I've had my YFZ almost 2yrs w/ no problems... Other than a cracked swinger which it's in the shop for now getting replaced w/ warranty coverage.

trxkruzoffman
10-03-2005, 11:00 PM
so ever so often i need to rebuild the engine or not?...... Jason or my causin said that when he bought the trx450r he needs to rebuild it like once every 4 months, i was just wondering if the yfz's are the same way??

Ride1Rob
10-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Like I stated b/f ... something wasn't right with that bike, or maybe your cousin fooked it up somehow. Unless you simply like taking snit apart there's no reason in the world you need to go inside of that bike every 4 months. It's not a 2 stroke!!! You shouldn't have to go into that motor for quite some time. Again... I've had mine for almost 2yrs now w/ hard riding and no problems.