PDA

View Full Version : cylinder

sandrabbitt
10-02-2005, 10:29 PM
i want too have my cylender and head and vc powder coated can powder coating hold up too that kind of heat?

Pappy
10-02-2005, 10:50 PM
it can withstand the heat, but i wouldnt recommend coating the cylinder or head with powdercoat.

sandrabbitt
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
not too be argumentative couse you are by far more knowledgeable than me but why would you not reccomend it?

Pappy
10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
powdercoating is a poor thrmo conductor and will trap heat inside the cylinder, thereby raising the internal temperature. center cases and side covers are about as far as i would go.

there are other coatings available on the market that actually help disperse heat and can give some color to the cylinder etc.

sandrabbitt
10-13-2005, 12:55 AM
i did what ill admit was a very poor attempt at doing my own research but could not find anything what would you recommend coatibg a cylinder a head and a vc in ??
also ive got a vision of blue w red that could maybe look like blood dripping down? i know w coatings it aint like paint so probably not possible. butt what coatings would you recoomend I am curiuous if there is a coating that draws the heat out kind of oppisite of the powder coatings effects( i was thinking like jet coat for car headers??)I have seen a harley engine done in what looked like black chrome good idea?? thanks again pappy

Pappy
10-13-2005, 05:41 AM
check out this site

Techline (http://www.techlinecoatings.com/articles/Coating_Pistons_Article.htm)