PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Picking a Tattoo

CaptainCanuck
10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I've looked all over looking for tattoos but the list is endless. I don't know what I want. I'm either going to get it across my right shoulder blade or my upper arm (anywhere where it can be hidden for career reasons). I'm really into hockey and I can't find anything cool that relates to hockey tattoo wise. I am Canadian so I considered Canadian related tattoos but I can't find anything I like. I've also looked into getting a number tattooed (88, 18, or 19 for personal reasons) but I don't know what kind of font would look cool. I am also open to either types of tattoos such as devils, logos, anything basically as long as I take likings to it. I'm also a huge fan of Guns n Roses/Velvet Revolver (especially Slash) so I might get a tat relating to them. Can anyone help me find something that I would like? Pics are a big help. Thanks alot.

10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
do you have a wife, or kids, get something to do with hockey and them, like something to do with hockey and you, and then somethin with hockey and your kid

CaptainCanuck
10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Nah man. I'm only 17. I dont want to make something up out of my head because im scared of the tattoo artist messing it up. I wanna get some kind of image off the computer so that there is hardly any room for error.

I'm looking at an edmonton Oiler tattoo but im scared that one day that they may move to another city and im stuck with the tattoo.

10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
my brother knows someone who's a tattoo artist, i'll tell my bro to ask him what would be good.

- i'll get back to you peace

Harvey
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
doesn't the tatoo guy have pictures to look through?

CaptainCanuck
10-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks

I just found one that i may be interested in. Its the Edmonton Oilers logo that they have on the shoulder of their jerseys. It doesnt have Edmonton Oilers written all over it so that if they infact move, it wont make a difference. But im not sure if the colours would look good or if black would do the trick...

Here it is, you be the judge on the colours (i dont want them fading and looking like ****):

http://www.laughinghyena.net/LogoServer/hockey/EdmontonOilers2.GIF

SRH
10-02-2005, 09:31 PM
dont get one just because you like hockey and you wanna pick some flash off a wall in a shop, tats are a beautiful thing, but id only get them if its something meaningful you can live with for life

CaptainCanuck
10-02-2005, 09:37 PM
That tattoo would definately mean alot. I like it beacuse I've been a fan for 17 years and counting. How would the colours look?

derekhonda
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
youd look kind of silly if they go on strike again, for longer...

Chino
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
i got this tattoo 3 years ago, it hasnt faded much, just keep suntain lotion on when your in the sun and dark colors wont fade as bad as light ones, this pic is right after the tattoo was done, look closely you can see blood still drippin down :devil:

tater_kamik
10-02-2005, 10:20 PM
two words: johnny chimpo

Chino
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
two words: johnny chimpo

:confused: :confused:

tater_kamik
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
:blah:

Chino
10-02-2005, 10:28 PM
im missin something man, i have no clue what your talking about or what johnny chimpo is. sorry....

10-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Chino
im missin something man, i have no clue what your talking about or what johnny chimpo is. sorry....

its off of super troopers

Chino
10-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
its off of super troopers

okay, what's the meaning?? anything?

tater_kamik
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
i take it you havent ever seen super troopers or you would understand...

10-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Nah man. I'm only 17. I dont want to make something up out of my head because im scared of the tattoo artist messing it up. I wanna get some kind of image off the computer so that there is hardly any room for error.

I'm looking at an edmonton Oiler tattoo but im scared that one day that they may move to another city and im stuck with the tattoo.

If this is truely your fear, then dont get one.. Tattooist from here to japan take what people have in there heads and put it on there skin on a daily basis without error..

If your that worried about getting a bad peice then dont get a tattoo..

Shawn H
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Good advice>

Also Something Original is:cool:

You need to think about it some more it seems your in a hurry and maybe ya might do something ya may regret later>

Take your time buy a couple tat books piece a few different things together.

Most all artists are awesome freehanders they will draw ya up something and if ya like it get it>They will work with you and if they dont find another>

FoxRacing81
10-03-2005, 07:18 AM
I got this Fox head with these flame things around it on my right ankle...pretty nice.

Gonna get a cross that says mom on it on my left calf and the dates she was born and died...getting it for my birthday.

Get something you can live with. My best advice.

CaptainCanuck
10-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
If this is truely your fear, then dont get one.. Tattooist from here to japan take what people have in there heads and put it on there skin on a daily basis without error..

If your that worried about getting a bad peice then dont get a tattoo..
I'm not going to make up a crazy design. I'm just not into that. I want something that will mean some thing to me. Not an eagle with blue eyes, golden wings, and a red beak. I think what i picked out is quite fitting because ive yet to see anyone with it. It would fit on my shoulder blade quite easily.

I am not in a hurry, I probably wont get one for a while until i am for sure.

Anymore suggestions?

tater_kamik
10-03-2005, 10:54 AM
i have an sun with the moon inside of it, reminds me of the good and bad in everything. plus it looks good and is simple