PDA

View Full Version : Blaster

Blaster x
10-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Im wondering wat mods should i get first for my quad

irideahonda4
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I used to have a blaster. First thing you need to do is flip your front rims. This gives you a wider stance, and is way better than hub spacers. Next thing would be the oil injection block off kit, this allows you to premix your gas, and not having to worry about your oil injection motor burning up, causing your motor to blow.(it's like 30 bucks, at trengaracing, or projectblaster, magicracing...everywhere). Then i'd focus on traction, especially if you have stock tires, get some 18" Maxxis razr's on the back, and some 20" on the front. Thats a good set up for everthing from mx, to trail riding. From there on out focus on minor motor mods, then suspension, extended a-arms, rear axle, extended swingarm ect. Oh yeah, CT pipe and sliencers are great, and they have em' on projectblaster for like $315. Hope this helps, later.

Blaster x
10-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks man...i was wondering were the longest arms for a blaster and a axle...also wat kind of stock shocks are good and fit a blaster?

irideahonda4
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Yah, no problem. They have a wide array of aftermarket a-arms, and axles for a blaster. It's all personal preferance.(cross country, mx, freestyle...whatever..) I ran +2" a-arms on both sides(total of 4"...plus flipped rims...about 6" total...) and a +4" durablue rear axle...it was very stable, and rarely got tippy on corners with me. The best place to buy a-arms or axles for you blaster would be at www.projectblaster.com or www.trengarcing.com all you have to do is get there number for their site..call them...and they'll hook you up. If you call Trenga ask for Eric, and if you call proj. blaster ask for Kurt.

-later,
Anthony.

Blaster x
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Are banshee front shocks good on a blaster?

bradley300
10-04-2005, 08:23 AM
dont flip your rims, its just going to cause twitchy steering, just like wheel spacers. the longest a-arms are +5 and 5/8. with 4+1 wheels, you will be at 49.25 inches wide. see them here www.snydermotorsports.net

and do yourself a favor, dont jerry rig parts off other quads that arent meant for a blaster. do it the right way the first time

Blaster x
10-04-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks..anybody else know what i can do?

ctorch
10-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Yea i had a blaster and i raced at, dont flip any rims that leaves calipers open, Buy a dyno port exhaust adds 6 horsepower best think i ever did, about the banshee shocks not that great i kept my fornt shocks and put a works rear shock on and that was the best thing i did. good luck

Blaster x
10-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks man..should i get a pipe?

blasteracer24
10-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I have +3+1 asr a-arms with elka shocks. they work good enough for me and i have a durablue +4 axle. a 400 ex shock wich is beter than a blaster shock or you can go with a 250r shock if you cant afoord a elka or something liek that. If you get, say 18s i would gear it. and id definantly get tires. A pipe i would go with a phantom or a lrd do not get a fmf they suck. Check out www.projectblaster.com and check out the store they have a bunch of stuff in there they also have forums too.

ctorch
10-09-2005, 04:49 PM
deffinatly get a pipe but dont waste you money on the bad ones, i has an FMF and it sucked,so i payed a litle more for a dyno port and the blaster came alive, the lrd ones are good but there much better at making 4 stroke pipes.

http://www.vcatv.com/PBexhaust.htm

Blaster x
10-09-2005, 04:49 PM
thanks man..now im going to get a LRD with dyno..b/c im making the money for one..thanks......anything else after the pipe?