PDA

View Full Version : No more hurt back!

Pappy
10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
After several years working on these mini quads, and with more and more of them coming in here to be worked on, i finally built a mini quad work station:p

Pappy
10-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Using aluminum ramps, loading the quad is a snap, and I made it large enough to handle a 50inch wide full size quad.

I still have some additions to make, but it sure is nice working at a level that doesnt involve me on my rear end :p

300exOH
10-02-2005, 10:19 PM
That's a good idea. It looks like if you built it a bit higher you could even store a mini under it. :cool:

212racing
10-03-2005, 01:37 AM
the only thing that hurts anymore is my checking account when working on dan-o's quad

Pappy
10-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by 212racing
the only thing that hurts anymore is my checking account when working on dan-o's quad

amen!:p

Spike99
10-03-2005, 08:12 AM

Hey Pappy. Your raised work bench is a great idea. Perhaps one day, we'll have one in our garage. It would save my back as well.

To make your bench even better, one might want to put industrial "locking position" casters on its legs. With a locking arm , those casters can be raised up or down. Thus, allowing you to push the entire bench (and its contents) to any position within your garage. With casters up (that force the legs to take traction), it won't go flying foward when you push the mini ontop of it.

Great idea - thanks for sharing your idea.

Pappy
10-03-2005, 08:17 AM
i had considered adding castors, but i was just using what i had on hand in the shop. id also like to add some small shelf type units or tool holding areas.

i was going to buy one of the air lifts but figured i could make my own custom unit to suit me. i think a winch mounted on the wall will help if i need to get a larger non running quad up on there bymyself etc.