PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Advance key??

ride red
06-13-2002, 04:31 PM
I am thinking of getting the sparks advance key for my 400ex. I was wandering if they are hard to install and if you could do it yourself. Also does it make a difference or not?

06-14-2002, 06:48 AM
I just got one and havent had the time to get it in yet. From what I read it sounds pretty easy. Sounds like you should have someone around to help out. I read that it increases throttle response and may add a slight horsepower increase. Pretty small investment for what is gained in my opinion. Sounds like it brings the EX up to XR standards.:D

DESDAK4
06-14-2002, 06:58 AM
I can't say much for power gains because I did everything at once but it is easy to install if you have air tools and an extra set of hands. Just follow the direction and it should only take a half hour or so.

06-14-2002, 07:56 AM
What does hte Sparks Advance key do, and how much do they cost?

DESDAK4
06-14-2002, 08:02 AM
It is a 6 degree ignition timing advance key and it is 15 bucks which also includes the flywheel puller.

MX MadMann
06-14-2002, 11:05 AM
go to the FAQ forum and they have everything u need to know about it. the FAQ forum whoops major anus. i think every1 should check it out. i read it and took my choke off.

Tango
06-14-2002, 11:24 AM
I just put mine in a week ago. I think it made my bike slower. Haven't had much time to give it a full test. I only rode it for about 15 min. I paid 30 bucks for mine, it came with a new gasket, and flywheel puller. I would suggest if you are going to do any work to your bike. Go out and buy a shop manual. It is worth the money.