PDA

View Full Version : Pretty messed up

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Well went salmon fishing this weekend,and had to see this,was crazy cops all over the place,i have pictures of the helicopter rescuing the other guy,but i fell bad for the other guy and his family,go for a day of fishing and drowned:(

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-1/112815604031220.xml&coll=1

tater_kamik
10-02-2005, 03:02 PM
that definately sucks. how bad is the current?? i guess i just dont understand how that happened..

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
well it goes from rapids around the corner to a smooth pard(called the black hole) then about 200 ft down it starts getting real rough again,the water was running real high that day at 1500(which is about 1500 cubic feet a second i think)so it was bad,but when you wear waders you are suppose to wear a belt a little below the chest so just incase you do fall your waders dont fill up with water and take you down,which in this case he didnt have a belt on,but its real slippery and im guessing he didnt have korkers on(they are cleats that you wear on the boots of the waders that have metal spikes in them to help you get grip,so ye,we knew he drowned when the cop came down before anyone really knew where the guy fell in and asked if we seen a body float by.

Then later on we seen the cop walk back up the hill with the guys pole and net :(

660Grizz04
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Wait a minute ... are you talking about like the Salmon river that goes to the st lawerence ??? I live like 20 feet away up near the border ... i didnt know it went way down to pulaski ...

Feel sorry for the family members of that fellow ....

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Idk it goes through south sandy,etc
I know it doesnt go all the way through,it goes to some fish factory or something,so it only happens in the rivers that Lake Ontario flow through