PDA

View Full Version : short bmx video

standardryder
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
this is a little video me and my friend john made. its just a few things from our home towns, but we plan on goin to the city to get some good footage. tell me what ya think. im Brian, on the red standard.

http://media.putfile.com/20051001-124133

oh yeah and the video is called brakeless because we both run without brakes;)

10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
nice video

300excrazy98
10-02-2005, 07:22 AM
thats insane! i love the manuals, and the bar spin in the last scene

Hon300ex
10-02-2005, 08:14 AM
nice video, theres a big black kid in my school named brian bernard.

ny300exrider
10-02-2005, 11:39 AM
nice vid. its cool to see someone else as much into bmx as i am. i havnt seen many street riders on this site. cool stuff

standardryder
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah steet is deffinatly my favorite part of riding. there is so much different stuff you can do. park is ok, but its not really wat im into. dirt is pretty fun to if the jumps are big enough.
this is a fun jump we built at my friends house.

standardryder
10-02-2005, 01:09 PM
its a pretty good size, my friends about 5'10"

Scott-300ex
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
CKY, nice

my friends really into manualling

you guys did some really sweet stuff on there, i give you 2 props, awsome riding

and jump to manual is not easy

good work

standardryder
10-02-2005, 03:25 PM
thanks alot, i really respect all your opinions, good or bad. were going to make this as long of a movie as we can, so if you see something you dont like, please feal free to tell me.

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 03:34 PM
sweet vid,im not into street riding to much anymore,noone else is and im not going to go by myself,although i do go once in a blue moon,ahh im so rusty i tried doing a lil 90 off a jump chit i didnt even get it all the way,manuling is one of the coolest looking tricks i think to get on film,and if you throw some tricks in there thats awesome,i see you hold your bars the same way i do,right to were it about bends,that is why i have mine cut off about 3 and a half inches on each side.

Here is my macneil

standardryder
10-02-2005, 04:03 PM
mcniels are verry nice bikes. manuals are probably my favorite trick. im going to learn 180's out of em before winter. i also plan on doin a handrail before winter also. hopefully thatll go over well, but if not we will have a funny bail :macho

Hon300ex
10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
im not good at manuals. do u just find ur ballance point? ill try to get a pick of my fuse 3.

standardryder
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
im not good at manuals. do u just find ur ballance point? ill try to get a pick of my fuse 3.

yeah, finding the ballancing point is the hardest part. its easier if you have brakes cause you can feather them to help you balance. you gotta move your body alot, foreward and back. and you gotta pull the bike up and down. its sounds hard but once you find the balancing point its all downhill from there.

10-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
sweet vid,im not into street riding to much anymore,noone else is and im not going to go by myself,although i do go once in a blue moon,ahh im so rusty i tried doing a lil 90 off a jump chit i didnt even get it all the way,manuling is one of the coolest looking tricks i think to get on film,and if you throw some tricks in there thats awesome,i see you hold your bars the same way i do,right to were it about bends,that is why i have mine cut off about 3 and a half inches on each side.

Here is my macneil

thats a nice bike, ho wmuch that beast weigh

ny300exrider
10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
the main thing to do with manual to 180s is set up the second you get into the manual. i stay pretty tucked in during the manual and than as soon as it feels comfortable spring out and turn your head and whip as hard as you can. i still dont have them dialed on flat ground but i learned them by manualing the flat on little funboxs like the one at your park and doing the 180 into the downslope/landing

JRP
10-02-2005, 06:35 PM
sweet video man.. me and my buds use to ride bmx.. but i gave up on that... now i jus cruise around on the bike.

Hon300ex
10-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
yeah, finding the ballancing point is the hardest part. its easier if you have brakes cause you can feather them to help you balance. you gotta move your body alot, foreward and back. and you gotta pull the bike up and down. its sounds hard but once you find the balancing point its all downhill from there.

that how i do them now, but the guys at the skatepark jus lean back and the stay ballanced, without having to move forward and back?

culookn
10-02-2005, 10:50 PM
man i remember those days. i raced bmx for years, traveling to nationals, waking up early saturday mourning to travel to teh races and spending the weekend their. ahhhh those were the days lol. cool vid and keep up the good work.

standardryder
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
that how i do them now, but the guys at the skatepark jus lean back and the stay ballanced, without having to move forward and back?

well if you can find the exact ballancing point of your bike, then i guess you wouldnt have to move at all. but im pretty sure thats neerly impossible. its kinda like balancing on one foot, if you lean to much one way you have to counterballnce by trying to lean the other way to even it out. just practice it, practice makes perfect.:)

theTman
10-07-2005, 04:53 PM
:o i was supposed to be in that video.....but i wont take my brakes off..lol