PDA

View Full Version : Rath swaybar installation help on YFZ

OutlawEX
10-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Need help on installing rath sway bar on YFZ450. Didnt come with instructions. I have lsr dc-4 longtravel a-arms . Please help me install this. The YFZ 450 hooks up differnt than other sway bars. Need pics or something

baseballplaya23
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
it should just bolt right up. mount the brackets on the upper a-arm and run the tube thru them. then put the shaft thru it and
put the heim joints on the ends and run them down to the lower shock mount?

L & L Racing
10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
take one side apart and leave the other one together and look at the together side then vise versa

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Ive done everything. Im thinking they sent me the wrong sway bar. It sucks i had to miss the TT race do to this. Here are some pics i snapped. One is the linkage hitting my shock rezzie,then another is my shock in the way and a-arm, and then the sway bar hitting my AC bumper.

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:31 PM

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:31 PM

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:32 PM

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:33 PM

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:35 PM

Doober
10-02-2005, 01:36 PM
exact same problem i had but i have stock shocks and GYT-R +1's and they told me to flip the shocks over and put the resivoir inside but that still didnt work and i never got it on...i wish i could help but it didnt work for me...

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider32
exact same problem i had but i have stock shocks and GYT-R +1's and they told me to flip the shocks over and put the resivoir inside but that still didnt work and i never got it on...i wish i could help but it didnt work for me...

They didnt send instructions or nothing. I tried everything. Turning shocks upside down,inside out,just about everything.

Doober
10-02-2005, 01:47 PM
i called them and complained but after they told me what to do it still didnt work...but if your in the market for some rath nerfs w/ the net heel guards i got some for sale never been used.

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
no sorry dont need nerfs. Im a dealer for Rath so hopefully they woint screw me over

JenniferRath
10-02-2005, 04:17 PM
outlaw- just checked the site we are out at texas at the TT nationals. I will be in the shop tomorrow am- I will give you a call. It looks like you are running aftermarket long travel MX a-arms that is where you problem is.
We have very few customers running MX a-arms, but we do have clamps available that mount to the upper a-arms because you can't use the lower shock mount with that style a-arm. It was my fault for not quizzing you more when you ordered them. I assumed when I asked you stock or aftermarket a-arms- they were TT arms.
I will check in with you tomorrow.

OutlawEX
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JenniferRath
outlaw- just checked the site we are out at texas at the TT nationals. I will be in the shop tomorrow am- I will give you a call. It looks like you are running aftermarket long travel MX a-arms that is where you problem is.
We have very few customers running MX a-arms, but we do have clamps available that mount to the upper a-arms because you can't use the lower shock mount with that style a-arm. It was my fault for not quizzing you more when you ordered them. I assumed when I asked you stock or aftermarket a-arms- they were TT arms.
I will check in with you tomorrow.

Ahh Ic. This pretty much sums up my problem. No gruge against ya. Mistakes happen