PDA

View Full Version : All who are running Axis single rate w/ GTT link

R3Concepts
10-01-2005, 04:54 PM
For some reason I cant get this setup to work for anything..I went from a PEP zps dual rate rear w/ stock link to the Axis single rate, comp. only and the GTT MX link.. My PEP setup even though it was the stock link is 10 times better then this one. With the linkage is stands the Axis up right more, and now it hits the cross-gusset on my LSR swingarm. This shock bottoms out and packs up more then anything I have ever ridden. Its valved for my weight, style, link, etc. But the rebound is internal, and its WAYYY to slow, so I went from a 400# spring to a 425# spring to try to speed up the rebound, didnt work. Now for the questions:

Is there another stock style link that works well with the single rate Axis?

Is there another MX link that Laz sells? And how do I determine which link I have.

I know the ideal thing to do is go to the Outlaw or Savior linkage, but I want this one to work as well as the PEP did..And I went ahead and ordered more PEP big bottles, so if this setup doesnt start to work within the next few weeks, its goin bye-bye.

mills_racing
10-01-2005, 04:58 PM
just give laz a call im sure he will b more than glad to help ya get it lined out.

R3Concepts
10-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I didnt buy all this from Laz, but I need someone to point me in the right direction, cause this setup flat sucks.

mills_racing
10-01-2005, 05:05 PM
still give laz a call and he could still probley be able to tell ya.....the guy knows suspension

R3Concepts
10-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Whats the # @ GT Thunder?

mills_racing
10-01-2005, 05:40 PM
www.gtthunder.com -- # is 330-674-7122

Thump_It
10-02-2005, 01:12 AM
I have the exact same problem.....Rebound is WAY slow. My spring also hits the swingarm....I thought it was just my swingarm....You got me thinking now.

kazpr
10-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Ya call Laz I think he is the one making the Axis link for them. He will help ALOT!!

Kilabanshee
10-02-2005, 08:10 AM
My shock used to be the same way. Single rate compression ajust axis with GT thunder link. I sent it out to reactive suspension and they rebuild my rear shock. It rides really nice now. Try tightening up your preload one-two clips. That might help stop the bottoming.

WhiteZee
10-02-2005, 09:41 AM
since you didnt get the shock from Laz, the person who valved it obviously didnt set it up right. send the shock to laz and you will love your setup.

R3Concepts
10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Axis set it up for Laz's MX link since they work together on the setup..

When you run the preload rings down on a ZPS shock, the ride height goes to hell..Id rather have the thing bottom out and pack over whoops and have to muscle it through then loose the ride height for cornering..which brings us to another thing that the Axis does not do half as well as my PEPs..Damn Damn Damn..why did I sell the PEPs.:mad:

LS@GtThunder
10-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
I didnt buy all this from Laz, but I need someone to point me in the right direction, cause this setup flat sucks.

Let me know how I can help.

I can supply all the shock data based on our latest testing to help get it setup if you have a local suspension company that you would like to work on it for you. I can gladly do the work but will supply any info to help get it setup.

Or - If you want to check a few things, I can help you figure out what the problem may be.

Several very critical things are:

1. Correct extend length.
2. Correct compressed length.
3. Correct rear spring.
4. Correct valving for your application.
5. Correct ride height (balanced with the front).

If you want to take a few measurements - I can help you check 1-3.

Issue 4 I can supply the correct specs on once I have all the measurements that I need.

Again - let me know how I can help.

R3Concepts
10-03-2005, 04:25 PM
3. Correct rear spring.

1. 14 3/4" at full droop
2. 11 3/4", bump stop limited, as far up as I could get it w/o spring
3. Went from a #400 to a #425, to try to speed up the rebound for my more aggressive style, didn't seem to work all that much.
4. ???? My guess would be no
5. 7 1/2", bottom of the frame sits flat..MX

190 lbs, A level, MX rider, GTT MX link..3 inches of shaft travel doesn't seem like much...I try to ride more aggressive and have the rebound come to me, but the faster I go, the worse it gets...Laz do you have another # you might be able to PM so I can talk to you..I can never seem to get you during your hours..Also how much and how long to re-valve this? Going to the dunes over Halloween, and will need it back.

LS@GtThunder
10-04-2005, 04:16 AM
I sent you a PM and will try to make contact with you.

Your numbers for 1 and 2 sound like they are your current shock length numbers. What I will need to know is - what length does your bike and application need.

To get that I need a few measurements taken with the frame 12 inches of the ground and again at 1.5 inches of the ground - from this I can calculate several things that i need to know.

Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
3. Correct rear spring.

1. 14 3/4" at full droop
2. 11 3/4", bump stop limited, as far up as I could get it w/o spring
3. Went from a #400 to a #425, to try to speed up the rebound for my more aggressive style, didn't seem to work all that much.
4. ???? My guess would be no
5. 7 1/2", bottom of the frame sits flat..MX

190 lbs, A level, MX rider, GTT MX link..3 inches of shaft travel doesn't seem like much...I try to ride more aggressive and have the rebound come to me, but the faster I go, the worse it gets...Laz do you have another # you might be able to PM so I can talk to you..I can never seem to get you during your hours..Also how much and how long to re-valve this? Going to the dunes over Halloween, and will need it back.

R3Concepts
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Out of pure curiosity I slapped the stock link back on the bike with the single rate Axis rear and it rode 10 times better..Bike feels like it has a little bit more rear steer, but its not a swap or out of control rear steer..It doesnt feel as balanced now, especially when I stand, leaning more towards the front of the bike in an attack position the back feels higher in the rear..I checked the ride hieght and it was 7 1/2 front and rear..I jacked the rebound all the way up on my Axis fronts, and it felt a little better, and Im running out of room with the collars to lower the rear ride height..I did go through the nastiest set of square edge, roughest, deepest (2.5-3 feet) whoops I ever have, and each time got more and more confidence and pretty soon I was in 4th pinned going around this whooped out little track..:eek2: Maybe I was outriding the shocks in the begining?