PDA

View Full Version : WIERD vibration all over.....????

easyrider470
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
i did a search about vibrations throughout the quad and didn't really find much info. Here's my problem......in the sand this bike vibes really bad.....granted it's stronger at certain RPM levels but it's through the whole bike from my nerf bars to my handlebars......also with the paddles on at low speeds on semi-packed sand it's like i'm riding a paint shaker is that just because of the paddles or what....my buddies raptor doesn't do that?? i mean the whole bike vibes out of control...you can see the front plastics just going crazy.....it makes for an uncomfortable ride when your hands are numb from the bars going crazy.....it's really bad at that speed when your cruising around the dunes you know about 3rd gear in and out of the throttle or when you're cruising back to camp in 4th just moving along steady speed....that's the worst!!! any suggestions would be great

thrasher_ex
10-01-2005, 08:36 PM
bent rims? bent axle? need new suspension?

Pappy
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
check the engine mounts to make sure they are all tight.

id guess the paddles are probably the main cause:confused:

TheFontMaster
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Check to make shure your paddles are even on both sides. I don't really know how to explaing it, but like each fin should be lined up with the fin on the oposite rim. I'm willing to bet that this is your problem.

easyrider470
10-01-2005, 10:04 PM
that makes sense about the paddles being lined up....i'll give that a whirl...i'll be sure to check the motor mounts also.....this thing is crazy with the vibes though.....i mean numb hands and all....it wears you out......

10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
u could try to stick rubber cushion things betrween the engine and mounts to stop some of the viberation.

Raptor_XC_rider
10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah if all of the above fail..then try this as a last restort. tear down the engine & check the piston con-rod and get the crankshaft balanced professionally (you prbly wont be able to feel if its out of balance)remember this is gonna b a last resort cuz of cost and its jus a pain in the *** type of job

10-09-2005, 09:58 PM
try going along at a good speed, pulling the clutch in, shut engine off. coast and see if you still vibrate a lot, if you do then you have chassis issues, if not then you have engine issues.

I had a bent front wheel one time and it made the whole quad a buckin bronko.

450r51
10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
piston return spring is broken, it happens all the time.

wvspeedfreak
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
piston return spring is broken, it happens all the time.

Yeah and sometimes when it breaks it gets wrapped up in the powerband :D

Seriously though try what mittimj said.

ommkevin
10-12-2005, 04:11 PM
check engine mounts

AtvMxRider
10-12-2005, 04:59 PM
if it only does it when you are moving then I would say it it the paddles or a bent rim. It will have nothing to do with the motor unless it vibrates while you are sitting still.

10-13-2005, 07:51 AM
my 400ex has 2 rims bent side ways and my left shock sits lower than my right one and a hub on front that wiggles cuz the bearings and everything was chewd up and it didnt cause vibration. all it does to me is it will dart left and right some times.

And if i go riding and i have it in 3rd or higher gear my quad vibrates so bad i have to put my feat in the nerfs. makes my feat and arms feel num.

10-13-2005, 07:52 AM
the higher rpm u go the more vibration u should feal.