PDA

View Full Version : Amp Problem

CaptainCanuck
10-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Yesterday, when i was coming home from school, i was listening to music (not very loud) when all of a sudden, i had no sound left. My sub wasnt going or even my little speakers inside my car. I checked my amp and there is no power going to it because the light is not on. I can't figure it out. I'm not every good with this stuff so does anyone know what could have possible happened to it? Burnt a fuse, loose connection, or what? Thanks.

Scro
10-01-2005, 09:53 AM
when you say "little speakers", do you mean like the speakers in the doors? are they running to the amp? or is it just the sub wired to the amp? really need a little more info.

Giz400ex
10-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Check the fuse and the main line power!

Loser450
10-01-2005, 09:58 AM
If your door speakers aren't working, and your not getting signal to your amp, sounds like it's time for a new headunit.

CaptainCanuck
10-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, i meant the speakers in the doors. My head unit is fine, it works like a charm. How do i check if the fuse is blown? what do i look for? Maybe there is a loose connection in the back of my deck? is that possible?

Scro
10-01-2005, 10:21 AM
If your door speakers are not working, and your amp is not coming on, there is something wrong with the headunit. Its probably got something to do with your remote wire.

baseballplaya23
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
check under the hood for the amp power wire and look for an inline fuse and see if its blown. if it isnt check and see if you are getting power at the remote wire with a multimeter. if that works then check your ground. if its all good get a new amp.

tater_kamik
10-02-2005, 02:55 PM
might need to clarify this a little bit...

does your head unit power all of the door speakers or do you have an external amp or amplifiers to do this?

have you checked your connections on the back of the unit?
have you checked the fuse or fuses on the back of the unit?
you also need to check the inline fuse on the power wire for the amp.
do you have access to an multimeterand know how to use one?