PDA

View Full Version : Longest You've Stayed Up?

Killa250ex
09-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Whats the Longest you ever stayed up, meaning not going to sleep for how ever many hours or so many days. What were you guys feelin like missin that much sleep.

The Longest I think ive ever done is staying up two whole nights and not sleeping till the third night.

Dont ask why or how i came up with this, I was just wondering about it because I didnt go to sleep last night...anddd im still up, so it made me think.

redlineranger
09-30-2005, 10:38 PM
2 nights of no sleep, and during the day times on both days, goin to a creek and ridin, the other skate boardin and ridin bikes...... this wus like 5 years ago

Jake250ex
09-30-2005, 10:49 PM
9 hours :eek2:

Honda
09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
38 hours

During Spring break, Panama City Florida.

Junior year I think.

Wasn't that bad really, I could not do it now though.:o

fasterz
09-30-2005, 11:03 PM
TRUE STORY!!!:
SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play online games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

prepracing
09-30-2005, 11:06 PM
got up on a friday at 1pm ( cause I work 3rd shift ), went into work at 6pm friday night, worked till 6am saturday morning. Went home changed clothes and headed to the golfcourse for a golf tournament. Finished golfing and lunch at the course at 2pm, went home got the quad ready for flattrack races at the fair and had to be there by 5 to sign up and have a descent parking spot. Races started at 7 and my classes didn't start till around 11:30 ( this was mini's,motorcycles and quads is why races took so long ) My last race was over at 3:30am. Went home unloaded the quad and was in the bed by 4:30am sunday morning. So from 1pm on friday till 4:30am on sunday, I believe thats 39.5 hrs of nonstop on the go. I didn't wake up till 10pm that sunday night ! This 1 month ago

K-Dub
09-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Played dungen seige strait through like 82 hrs. Stayed up 90 some hrs riding and working when I was 18. Worked 72 hrs strait through at 2 jobs once in 1999. Im working 4 12hr shifts a week now and my first day off Im up 36 to 42 everyweek. Sleeping is boring, I sleep 6 hrs or less everyday no matter how long Ive been awake, especcally (sp) to ride.

Mxjunkie
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I barley sleep, go to bed at 2-3am, wake up at 6-7am Lately ever since I got laid off work though, 5am, 12pm lol

JUSTINcredible
10-01-2005, 12:06 AM
16 days..

When i was 16 i got mixxed up with the wrong group, started useing drugs. f*&^ed alot of things up in my life at the time. I was on a meth binge for that long. I was driving, passed out behind the wheel going about 70 mph, woke up in the median of a 4 lane highway, flipped the car about 6 times. walked away with a broken finger. realizing I could have easily died I voulantarly admitted myself to an inpatient treatment program for 6 months and then an outpatient after care program. switched schools, made new friends, bought a four wheeler and ive kept myself on the right track since. Being up for that long really messes with you more than you could ever imagine, you will hallucinate, hear things that are not there. You would see things that people call 'shadow people', you would see them in trees, bushes, out of the corner of your eye. you would think they are following you and trying to hurt you, or that they work for the government and are trying sneek up on you and catch you. then there is also the things that would be running through your head that i couldent even begin to explain to you. You would be riding in a car with your best friends and you would suddenly forget who they were and why they were with you. I was in a diffrent town at a friends and i told him that i was gonna walk home to get some things, well i was walking around a diffrent town, thinking i was in my town looking for my house. It was terribal.

Thats my story.

TCracin440ex
10-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I barley sleep, go to bed at 2-3am, wake up at 6-7am Lately ever since I got laid off work though, 5am, 12pm lol

sounds like me

ever since i was in high school i would go to bed at 3 and 4 in the morning....and be able to get up at 7 and function all day long in school w/o crashing in class....now if i sleep 8 hours a night i wake up in the morning i still feel really exhausted...

ive just been so used to staying up late that my body runs on little to no sleep...like right now its 2:37am saturday morning and aint been to sleep yet....i think the longest ive ever stayed up would be maybe 3 or 4 days w/o sleep and i was so exhausted i just felt like shyt i had bags under my eyes and everything

the reason im not sleeping right now is because i got something on my mind really bad and when i got shyt on my mind i do not sleep...i will sit up for hours and hours until i finally zonk out....when my nerves get bad like they are tonight...this is what i do...sit here at the computer, or lay in the bed and watch tv...ive taken sleeping pills and everything else....NOTHING works

the best goodnight sleep ive ever gotten in my life it came from when i was high on pot...I sleep so soundly when im high. I dont know why...but being high and go laydown and go to sleep...i sleep like a baby...i wish i had some weed now because i surely would toak up to get some good shut eye :bandit:

trict_out
10-01-2005, 12:41 AM
lol i'm still up also 2:51 am. And i am half drunk.

Ralph
10-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Jr. Prom Weekend,

~Night of Prom, didnt go to bed.
~Next Night down the shore, didnt go to bed.

and i managed not to stay sober the whole weekend.

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 08:16 AM
well..im going on 28 hours with no sleep right now:o

FasstMidnightZ
10-01-2005, 08:37 AM
1 nigt and 1 day. Which, was about 3 years ago. :)

10-01-2005, 08:57 AM
3 days/nights:ermm:

theTman
10-01-2005, 08:58 AM
24 hrs....i went to go to bed at like 5 AM a few months back....walked into my room...god damn rain FLOODED my basement....so i spend the rest of the day cleanign it up:grr: :grr:

MR.BIG
10-01-2005, 10:07 AM
The longest I have been up for is 56hrs! I haven't done that for quite a while and I doubt if I could do that anymore. When you are younger you can stay out all night and go right to work the next day and it doesn't bother you. I tried that a while back and I can't do it anymore.

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
The longest I have been up for is 56hrs! I haven't done that for quite a while and I doubt if I could do that anymore. When you are younger you can stay out all night and go right to work the next day and it doesn't bother you. I tried that a while back and I can't do it anymore. true that...if i stay up all night, i'll be fine...but if i fall asleep, there is no waking me up first thing for work.

culookn
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by trict_out
lol i'm still up also 2:51 am. And i am half drunk.

lol, thats the only way to do things. the longest ive ever stayed up was about 36hours when i was in highschool which was 4 years ago.

RaptorRacer45
10-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Ive been up about 36 Hours before, a few times to track a full 24 Hour Race (Daytona or LeMans), also have been through 4 24 Hour Endurance Quad Races and ive stayed up alot during those partyin and such:D

400ex28
10-01-2005, 01:15 PM
3 days/nights :o

10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
4 days/night during the summer, when I went fishing

redneck2725
10-01-2005, 01:20 PM
The longest was about 56 hours. I had to work 17 hour day, got home and my wife went into labor with our third. She was in the hospital waiting to give birth of 10 hours, which i was nervous and could not sleep. She had the baby at 6am, then i had to go get my other 2 from my mom's house. Took care of them all day and had to go out that night to work.around 10pm. I worked a 10 hour shift, and was awake a few hours before i passed out.

10-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
16 days..

When i was 16 i got mixxed up with the wrong group, started useing drugs. f*&^ed alot of things up in my life at the time. I was on a meth binge for that long. I was driving, passed out behind the wheel going about 70 mph, woke up in the median of a 4 lane highway, flipped the car about 6 times. walked away with a broken finger. realizing I could have easily died I voulantarly admitted myself to an inpatient treatment program for 6 months and then an outpatient after care program. switched schools, made new friends, bought a four wheeler and ive kept myself on the right track since. Being up for that long really messes with you more than you could ever imagine, you will hallucinate, hear things that are not there. You would see things that people call 'shadow people', you would see them in trees, bushes, out of the corner of your eye. you would think they are following you and trying to hurt you, or that they work for the government and are trying sneek up on you and catch you. then there is also the things that would be running through your head that i couldent even begin to explain to you. You would be riding in a car with your best friends and you would suddenly forget who they were and why they were with you. I was in a diffrent town at a friends and i told him that i was gonna walk home to get some things, well i was walking around a diffrent town, thinking i was in my town looking for my house. It was terribal.

Thats my story.

no, you didnt. the record is around 11 days, and that was with the use of drugs...

so, no, you did not..

Jesse

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
no, you didnt. the record is around 11 days, and that was with the use of drugs...

so, no, you did not..

Jesse prove him wrong. just becuase its not documented, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

go back in time and get footage, to prove him wrong.

you cant.

shut up.

10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
umm.. prove him right LOL..

i called him out, period.. prove him right and then ill "shut up"

Jesse

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 02:18 PM
i have no reason to prove him right, why would i doubt his word in the first place? I've never seen him lie about anything before...i have no reason to tihnk hes BSing...

JUSTINcredible
10-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant

so, no, you did not..

Jesse

i know people who have stayed awake for more than a month.

IM not proud of it but you are wrong

10-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
prove him wrong. just becuase its not documented, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

go back in time and get footage, to prove him wrong.

you cant.

shut up.

you know what kid? I do not understand why you are still around here. I may not have been here very long, but I have noticed what it takes to get banned. And I do not understand why you havent got kicked in the crotch yet. Your constant smart alec remarks are so childish, it not only makes you look bad it makes me wonder about this whole website.

http://www.amusingfacts.com/facts/Detail/without-sleep.html

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 05:27 PM
i do just enough to be #1 on the mods list..but not push them over the edge...even though i have a few times..

if you think that post was bad, good thing you didnt see a few posts a few months ago:o

lighten up please, if you knew "jesse"...you'd understand why i said what i said.

10-01-2005, 05:52 PM
i do just enough to be #1 on the mods list..but not push them over the edge...even though i have a few times..

if you think that post was bad, good thing you didnt see a few posts a few months ago:o

lighten up please, if you knew "jesse"...you'd understand why i said what i said.

lmfao, I know him personally. He lives about 15 mins away from me. Right now he's staying in a hotel because a water main broke, flooded out his basement and now the entire house is filled with mold. :rolleyes:

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by chuck wood
lmfao, I know him personally. He lives about 15 mins away from me. Right now he's staying in a hotel because a water main broke, flooded out his basement and now the entire house is filled with mold. :rolleyes: then it shouldnt come across me as a suprise that your acting just like em....

is he as stuck up in person as he is on the forums? and give him this message for me please "its called renters insurance"

MotoX3
10-01-2005, 06:16 PM
lmfao, I know him personally. He lives about 15 mins away from me. Right now he's staying in a hotel because a water main broke, flooded out his basement and now the entire house is filled with mold. :rolleyes: this wouldnt happen to be chucked...would it:confused:

10-01-2005, 06:36 PM
then it shouldnt come across me as a suprise that your acting just like em....

is he as stuck up in person as he is on the forums? and give him this message for me please "its called renters insurance"

LOL.. insurance is paying for it.. after a few strings were pulled.. so shut your mouth child..

As for somone staying up for a month.. umm THATS STRAIGHT BULL**** Ill call that out, anyday, anytime, anyplace ;)

Jesse

10-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
this wouldnt happen to be chucked...would it:confused:

No, but I ride with him, well used to. He hasnt been out for a few weeks.

10-01-2005, 06:45 PM
then it shouldnt come across me as a suprise that your acting just like em....

You have NO idea about the outside world do you? Have you never been in a car accident? Have you ever had damage done to your house? I dont know what you think, but it takes time to fix stuff.

Warnerade
10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
no i have no idea about the outside world...im confined to my room all day, i have a peice of plywood over my window.

jesse...all i remember is reading about how you didnt have renters insurance..that wasnt a blatant attack at you, that was just a little humor i thought that would ligthen the subject a little bit....atleast im trying?

now..im leaving for the night, i expect this thread to be full of laughter and back on topic tomorrow morning:o

brian-250
10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
i average 6 - 8 hours of sleep a week, sucks sometimes but oh well.:o

10-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
i average 6 - 8 hours of sleep a week, sucks sometimes but oh well.:o

suuuuuuuuuuure...

culookn
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
im brewed up and i think im gonna try and break my recond tonight lol

Martin Blair
10-01-2005, 11:30 PM
40 or so hours, we stayed up for friday -friday night, saturday-saturday night and crashed about 2-3 sunday morning.

This would be over spring break at the dunes.

Punk'd
10-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Prob around like 2days..

JH_Racing188
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
suuuuuuuuuuure...

dude ur a smart@ss!!!! and nobody cares for ur opinion

Martin Blair
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by JH_Racing188
dude ur a smart@ss!!!! and nobody cares for ur opinion

dude its that brian kid, with the magical 400 ex that no one has seen. you really cant believe him.

Atkins
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Nacsracer027 thinks he is e-popular, because he tries to be an e-badass. Little does he know...:rolleyes:

Martin Blair
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
well i know im already going to hell, just trying to get a good spot.

MOFO
10-02-2005, 05:23 AM
No, but I ride with him, well used to. He hasnt been out for a few weeks.

share the same computer too?

10-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by MOFO

What's that supposed to mean? :confused:

EvilJester400EX
10-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by MOFO

Sounds kinda kinky.

Warnerade
10-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
Nacsracer027 thinks he is e-popular, because he tries to be an e-badass. Little does he know...:rolleyes: no...im not e-popular...im not an e-badass....im an e-thug, please get it right.

Scott-300ex
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
i don't know the longest

but wen me an like 30 of my friends have campouts, its all night, then you get home and your tired, and you were huntin in the woods sneakin up on people and shootin them with airsofts and throwin firecrakers at them, just near them to scare them and playin with fire, then your tired as hell stayinup 30 hours wearin yourself out, then you gotta go home and get showered instead of layin down, it sucked, but its fun doin it

big k
10-02-2005, 02:56 PM
]
16 days
damn did you go through phycosis (sp) thats what happened to my cousin it was his first time using meth and it was his last i think it scared the ***** out of him,he was only up for like five days

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 03:02 PM
maybe two days if even,but this thread should be named

How long have you stayed awake without the use of alcohol,drugs,etc,lol

i usually get about 35 hours of sleep a week though.
when i get a chance to sleep ill sleep 14-15 hrs easily

86350x
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
a little over 36 hrs. And 2 days happens alot. Whenever I have a gf to go with my shift I get no sleep. Have to take her places and keep her happy to go with my horrific work scheduel.:ermm: