PDA

View Full Version : Which oil???

redneck2725
09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
I was wondering on which kinda oil i should use for my 400EX. This is only it's sencond oil change, 1st by me. The first one used just the factory Honda oil, but any suggestion on which to use. I heard some talk about Silkolene and Amsoil. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what weight should i use??

400exc
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
i use the honda motorcycle oil made by honda racing, it seems to me it makes it run a little better than regualr oils, but thats just me

09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I use Honda HP4 without moly. make sure you run an oil without moly because it is designed for wet clutch. Kinda pricey but its well worth it!

prepracing
09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
if your running a new stock engine, regular honda oil will be the best thing for it. Those other high $dollar$ oils are for performance built engines that have to deal with severe heat and wear issues, sure you can use them if you want but there would be no advantage.

underpowered
10-01-2005, 10:59 AM
the silkolene is good stuff, but i run Rotella. Supposed to be the best oil hands down. went to an oil seminar and rotella came out on top in every test they performed from friction, to heat, and how well it holds it viscosity and longevity. i run it and workes great but used to run silkolene.