PDA

View Full Version : How to make Banshee steer easier?

Jake250ex
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I am trying to set up my shee to where I am comfortable for a 2hr XC race on it and one of the main problems is that it doesn't steer well. It takes alot of muscle and I'm sure my brand spankin new 23x7x10 klaws are helping anything either. If you think I am being a wimp, go try to hual through the woods yourself on a shee :D

what else do you guys think I should do to it to prepare it for battle? I have shocks, pipes, tires, its been re geared, and a lot of other little comfort mods. I am trying to get it to where it doens't wear me out so bad, or at least not as fast.

deathman53
09-30-2005, 05:35 PM
get a steering stabilzer asap, it will reduce fatique by alot. but beware they will change how you ride to point, it will force you to steer with the rear wheels instead of the fronts, and could improve your times. Atleast that was my expeirence when I put a stabilzer on my 250r. now I ride trikes more often than quads, so it helped me with moving on to bikes that are more fun to ride(in my opinion, and take more skill to ride and jump)

2stroketwin
10-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Banshees were built with a incredible amount of caster. Is that what you are fighting? Adjustable a-arms will make the steering easier and a steering stabilizer will reduce the ground feedback increased by less caster. Sorry, it is a expensive fix but well worth it especialley with the added geometry of a quality set of 2+1 A-arms.

Jake250ex
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
looks like this will be the least of my worries now, it siezed up today :(

2stroketwin
10-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Why?

Jake250ex
10-01-2005, 07:59 PM
dont know... kinda a mistery. The left sparkplug looks like its been under a torch for hours, the left cylinder wall is scored too but the right side is fine. I'm sure 6 years on the original top end didn't help anything.

ideas -

my airfilter was sealed completely to the aribox and I have a tiny (11t) front sprocket, maybe it was because I crank its guts out.

It felt like I had a campfire between my legs while I rode it :eek2:

Either way, this aint gonne be cheap :(

I'll be on the 300ex for a little while now