PDA

View Full Version : Stock Tire Removel

hetrick425ex
06-13-2002, 10:20 AM
wow i could not believe how hard it was to got those friggin stock tires off the front rims!!!!!!!! we tried for 2 hours on our beadbreaker at home and they would not budge.... it was past normal business hours so i was like 2 options... walmart or sears... on the way to walmart i stoped at sears... they dont have insurence for it or something... took it to walmart...took them 30 seconds and they didnt change me a penny... i was happy
just lettin ya know!
later
Casey

06-13-2002, 10:30 AM
Yeah I called my local walmart about changen out my stock tires for some new razr's I got...the lady told me,,,well we sell ATV tires but we don't swap them out...WTF.:huh

Smoker
06-13-2002, 10:37 AM
I went to a local bike shop, read: IRON PONY, to get the beads broken down on my front tires, not even removing them which I would do myself. The told me $15 a tire and I said your crazy. They have a machine and they still wanted that. I went to a local Discount Tire and they did it in 5 minutes for free. I limit my business to Iron Pony now because they are theives, I can see maybe $7 a tire but come on. I know a lot of tire places won't mess with atv tires because they are afraid of destroying the rim. :p

Razorback
06-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah I called my local walmart about changen out my stock tires for some new razr's I got...the lady told me,,,well we sell ATV tires but we don't swap them out...WTF.:huh

aaah, just take 'em up there and tell them they are lawnmower wheels :D

i've really had no problem with my walmart, but they may vary from store to store, or you may have just talked to one of the office workers who doesn't actually know what goes on in the garage...

hetrick425ex
06-13-2002, 12:50 PM
hmm thats odd they just broke them down for me... then again he was a younger kid so he might have just done it...ya knwo what i mean....... damn old people
haha
later
Casey

REC
06-14-2002, 02:45 PM
hetrick,

I know where you are coming from, I have a friend that is a mechanic at a car dealership. He recently removed my rear stock
tires for me on their tire machine and had a **** of a time. The beads were very hard to break loose. I don't think they would have come off with a hand operated bead breaker!
My 2 cents
Later

06-14-2002, 03:36 PM
i dont have a walmart, just a place just like it, its called "wally world" :D

eldoexrider01
06-18-2002, 08:38 PM
heck yeah man!! wally world is the place!!!