PDA

View Full Version : Handicap access at GNCC`s

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Ive got a freind that we rode together sence teanagers on dirtbikes an he loves the sport even worked at a local Yamaha dealer for years.A few years ago he was in a bike crash an went thru the windsheild of a car on the hwy. an ended up in the back seat losing a rigth arm an left leg.His sprits have been low but the last year or so he`s managed to start driving an this week he just purshaced a new 06 limted addtion blue rino.
But the question is are they handicap bathrooms or port a potties at any of the gncc`s or any other facilities he could use . An I understand the no pit riding rule but I`ve seen cases where someone with a brokin leg was able to us a utility quad to get around on to veiw the race.

Any kinda info would help he would love to go watch a few races.It would suck to drive 10 + hours to set in a car because you couldnt get around or see.

I`ll remove this in 1 week from this section just figured this is the best place to find answers Thanks Johnny

intruder
09-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Call Racer Productions and ask. I think the number is 304-284-0084 I'm sure they'd be happy to help. Let me know what they say I got a nephew that's in a wheel chair and would like to bring him.

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I`m sure there are aot of others would like to go but The what if`s keep them home I think the bathroom deal would be the worse problem.

Ken Robey
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
A friend of mine got a pass for his wife to ride their honda around at the GNCC's . She was in a car wreck and broke both ankles. She is walking around but very hard for her to move on all of the different surfaces and offcambers. They called RP and they gave them a tag and permission for her to ride around. Good luck to your friend!

Admin
09-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I am sure that if you contact Jason W or Carrie before the event that they will try to work with you and help make his visit enjoyable.

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks alot guy`s for the quick response That would be awesome I think he would love it if he could get around in his rino to veiw the race sence he`s so limited on his movements an a wheelchair would do nothing but get stuck.

syckNtwisted121
09-30-2005, 11:33 AM
I cant speak for the other tracks, but I do KNOW that Unadilla has handicap accessible flushing toilets. For sure I would check with racer productions.

syckNtwisted121
09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
I would assume that races that are held at public venues (ski areas, larger MX track) would have handicap facilities.