PDA

View Full Version : Lock Your quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boonemx
09-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Listen up!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't lock your quad up, you need to start. I just got a brand spankin new 450R, and I haven't even had it for 2 weeks. It was stole last night, along with some tools,
and a bunch of other odds and ends. I thought since I lived out in the boondooks I was safe to just leave it in the garage, I was wrong.:( :( :(

HondaRacer300ex
09-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Damn! I hope you find it! I don't lock my quad or my dirtbike up but I think i'm safe because I have left my garage door open all night with the light on plenty of times by accident and nothing ever happened. Plus I ride everyday so it must be kind of a pain to unlock it eveytime I want to ride.

blastereatin250
09-29-2005, 08:14 AM
:( Sorry to hear that, we have a 2 inch thick chain around ours in our garage. A guy down the street got a recon, lt80, and grizzly stolen all on the same night.

Trevor
09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Dam that sucks man Do you have insurance?

Boonemx
09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Fortunately we did insure it. there have been over 20 atv's stolen in our area. the ironic thing was we were gonna go get a lock the next day. The good news is that the insurance money will allow me to get a 300ex or something. don't get cocky, if you don't think it will happen to you it will.:( truck me, the cost of a lock is never high enough. I would give almost anything to get my 450 back:(

Conwaymx
09-29-2005, 10:09 AM
When we put ours in the garage we always put a bunch of stuff in front of them so if someone does try to steal them they will make a lotta noise. I like out in the boondocks too and
boone is right, there have been at least 20 atvs and around 30
dirtbikes stolen in the past couple of weeks.

Sorry for your loss boone:(

bradley300
09-29-2005, 10:17 AM
the problem with a chain, is that its only keeping an honest person away, if someone wants it, they come prepared to cut a chain. all youve done is delay the time it took, you havent stopped anything from happening. is there any kind of device that would make it near impossible to steal?

Mxjunkie
09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
I almost had mine stolen a few nights ago, they wanted to make a second trip then pops ran out and scared them off. Scary thing is, the first night we saw/herd them a house up the road was broken into.

I put chains around everything.

I have driveway patrol so if anyone comes in the driveway the motion dector picks it up and it makes all sorts of racket.

Harkinsmx
09-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
the problem with a chain, is that its only keeping an honest person away, if someone wants it, they come prepared to cut a chain. all youve done is delay the time it took, you havent stopped anything from happening. is there any kind of device that would make it near impossible to steal?

I hate to kid around about this, but a 12gauge would stop them.
on a more serios note no, if they want it, they will come get it.
I feel for anyone who has had thier quad stolen

400exrules
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

i read in a thread the other day their is some kind of cable thing you can get to lock stuff up with, that cant be cut with bolt cutters

bulkdriverlp
09-29-2005, 01:52 PM
stole=stolen
boondooks=boondocks

knelson
09-29-2005, 02:06 PM
that sucks

400exrider707
09-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i read in a thread the other day their is some kind of cable thing you can get to lock stuff up with, that cant be cut with bolt cutters

Its called kryptonite cable and we sell them at home depot(I work there) but let me tell you they can be cut through. We had some jagoff steal 3 snowblowers from in front of the store during daylight. He cut through the cable. My best guess is that he used an 18volt sawzall. You could probably rip through it in a few seconds with that. Im kinda glad he got away though. I hate that place...:devil:

Woodsrider
09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I have a 3/4" Kryptonite cable and a a kryptonite rotor lock on mine If you can pack it out of my garage you can have it. You have to pack out the quad and the ATV jack its locked to.:macho
As soon as Lojack for motorcycles is available in this area, Ill be getting it installed.
For those of you who can get it, I highly reccomend it. Recovery gaunteed or your toys replaced.Lojack (http://www.lojack.com/index.cfm)

LsMxRaCeR
09-29-2005, 08:08 PM
lmao boone aint got a 450 he just made u guys look bad.
i go to school with him and all he has is a 300 fourtrax
lmao

96lapis coupe
09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
OH MY GOD YOU KIDS GOT US GOOD!!hAHAHAHAhahaha holy cow teh mastArs of the interweb. we've been pwned.:rolleyes:

you suck at life. end yourself

09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LsMxRaCeR
lmao boone aint got a 450 he just made u guys look bad.
i go to school with him and all he has is a 300 fourtrax
lmao

LMFAO:devil: :devil: :devil:

LT250Racer609
09-29-2005, 09:45 PM
getting something stolen is the worse feeling ever....

we had 2 brand new skidoo MXZ 600 H.O.'s stolen in canada along with the trailer....they tried to steal the truck too which was a 2000 chevy 2500 HD but broke the shifter....prolly cause they were in a hurry

never got them back either

bradley300
09-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Its called kryptonite cable and we sell them at home depot(I work there) but let me tell you they can be cut through. We had some jagoff steal 3 snowblowers from in front of the store during daylight. He cut through the cable. My best guess is that he used an 18volt sawzall. You could probably rip through it in a few seconds with that. Im kinda glad he got away though. I hate that place...:devil:

i would think a saws-all would make enuff racket in the garage that someone would wake up. if you cant keep from getting something stolen, you can at least make sure they have to make alot of noise doing it

redneck2725
09-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Well my quads are in my garage surrond by a 6 foot fence filled with angry dogs. I'm not too worried. And if they make it past all of that, i got something in the top of my closet that will make them not worry about riding ever again. Plus all my neighbors on every side of me have quads and guns. We kinda protect each other:scary:

hotrodbelair
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
last nite me and a friend of mine were fourwheeling all day and didnt get home untill midnight and tired as hell. he thought would leave his quad in the back of the truck. well as we were goin in the house this car comes down the road and just stops and sits there for a second and keeps goin. then like 2 minutes later it comes back and drives by realy slow. so we went back out and unloaded the quad and put it in the shed. seen them drive by one more time after that and didnt see them again.