PDA

View Full Version : stock exhaust power

hsr
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm having real issues with finding places to ride around my house due to how loud my 450r is. I currently have and FMF Factory 4 full system on it, but i only really get to ride it once a week at the track. I"m sick of not being able to ride it and am considering putting the stock exhuast back on it. My question is, would it be possible to get close to the same power out of my stock exhaust system with the HRC endcap, rejetted, and the HRC cam, compared to a full exhaust system? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

400exrider0004
09-28-2005, 10:45 PM
I really don't think so but not sure

Martin Blair
09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
when you ride by your hosue is it on your land ? or private property you have permission to ride on? If so then ride anyway. Thier is nothing they can do if your riding on your ladn, as long as its not past quite hours. I would say **** the neighbors that ***** and ride anyway. Its your land do what u want.

400exrider0004
09-29-2005, 11:09 AM
if its your land then you can do what ever you want on it

MAD450r
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Was needing low end like that, I found it a bit stall happy, since I didn't run a 13tootch sproket. Once I changed the oil once I put my sparks pipe on. Wow it was so loud. Then I took it out for a spin. Much better low end no more stalling in 1rst.

Yes its extremely loud, but no quiet pipe will have the power of that we all want without some noise. Im not saying we all have to have the loudest pipe. I am just saying with power improvement comes noise.