PDA

View Full Version : crank rebuild help 400ex

diryhead
09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Looking for a good shop to place a Carrillo rod on my crank Want new pin and bearings plus balance and pin spot welded All replies appreciated

fastrax
03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm looking for exactly the same thing. i found NOTHING locally in pittsburgh. so far, all i found to install the rod is a place called Motocarrera (sp?) in cali. they wont weld the pin though. thats like pulling teeth, trying to find someone to do it. it seems a special tool is required to dissasemble the 400ex rod. not too many places have it i hear.

F-16Guy
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I had mine done by Powroll in California. I'm not sure if they have prices on their website, so you might have to call them. Mine turned out great, though. It runs very smooth, and I just had my top end apart and looked down in the case and it looks like the clearances are nice and tight.

diryhead
03-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by fastrax
I'm looking for exactly the same thing. i found NOTHING locally in pittsburgh. so far, all i found to install the rod is a place called Motocarrera (sp?) in cali. they wont weld the pin though. thats like pulling teeth, trying to find someone to do it. it seems a special tool is required to dissasemble the 400ex rod. not too many places have it i hear.

I found a guy in Kentucky to do this for me and he did a great job. Go to his web site and check it out. www.vincescycle.com and give him a call at 270-527-8921. Hope this helps you out.

TC426EX
03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
GT Thunder installed my Carillo rod + did all my crank work and I must say the turnaround time, price + quality of work were second to none!