PDA

View Full Version : MHSC Idea!!

jdwxv3
09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey I dont have any power to change anything but I have a suggestion that I think would make the racing go smoother. It is cheap and very simple. I think after racing in Iowa and a GNCC, it would be a good idea for every class to have a different color of duct tape on the back of there helmet. This way a person can know if they are following a lapper or a person in there class. Just a suggestion. Thanks, Josh

DJJ450r
09-28-2005, 07:29 PM
i like that idea. when i raced the 6 hours of MO they had that and i liked it.i still have the duct tape on my helmet:D

ronnie
09-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I have said that for years but they wont change :)

QUADROOKIE
09-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I agree, it is a great idea. But, for some reason, I never even notice the tape as I pass people. I must be too zoned out on what Im doing or something. But it is still a good idea.
Josh-you gonna hit a few more Ia. races next year? I am gonna try to make the Texas GNCC and maybe the Kahoka Mo. race since its close.

Johnny & Monica
09-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Josh thats a real good ideal but there`s really no one good person in charge to talk about things like that with except FRANK :mad: Mo. needs a one man spokes person to set rules an such for the atv`s .Someone that`ll be at all the races an see the rigth about of tropies are laid per class see that any questions are answered An help inform each race promoter of any changes our what to excpet in turn outs an laying out the work averages Tom P OR Scott J COME ON DOWN:D :D :D

jdwxv3
09-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I figured tprender would take care of it. He seems to be the main guy around here......although Scott is starting to act like he wants to be the next president:D Anyway Scott you have my vote

jdwxv3
09-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
I agree, it is a great idea. But, for some reason, I never even notice the tape as I pass people. I must be too zoned out on what Im doing or something. But it is still a good idea.
Josh-you gonna hit a few more Ia. races next year? I am gonna try to make the Texas GNCC and maybe the Kahoka Mo. race since its close.

I hope to hit an Iowa race or maybe two in the early part of the year. Most depends on my job situation. I am applying for a position That does not require weekends! yeepee! If I get it I will race A LOT more. I have my fingers crossed! Later and good luck at the last race. And as far as the tape goes, you will notice when you get some bone head in front of you that wont move next year when your racing the B class, trust me it will happen!

Later, Josh

tprender
09-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Greg K tried to do this about 10 years ago. The problem was that he had to go to each race himself and hand out the colors himself. Because each race has a different promoter it would take a racer to do this. If you like the idea so must, why not do it yourself. We need more people to get invoiled. How many ATV riders have come out an realy helped at the races? Not just the 1 1/2 hr during the race.

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Tom , we talk about this before an I would love to But.We can only do one series next year an it`ll more than likely be Ia. reasons : 1 Kids classes for my 3 kids
2 Andy an Tracy are good people
3 Only 7 races
4 In MO. It would suck having everyone bit#h at ya...
5 saturday races
6 I won`t be abable to race anymore I would have to committ an help on the track 100% (WHICH COULD BE FUN) I`em 41 now thougth An slow.

Thing`s I would try changing would be or like about it.
1 Add kids classes for points
2 Taylor would be able to run the 2-3-4 class there
3 color tape on back of helmet
4 Try to convince them to let quads have Sun`s back just race the weekend after or before the bike`s
5 kicking Geoff George in the ball`s more often :devil:
6 Get some sponsor`s for the atv`s ( Alls it takes is alot of phone call`s
7 Have the ATV an Bike banquets seprate weeks so The quad quy`s dont feel like red headed step children :mad:

There`s plenty a guy could do.But kids racing would be a must at every race for points Just the Pro`s an Con`s of Me an Monica doing something like this.All thougths is all.Frank would never approve of any of it because the big quad turn outs help him pay for his bike awards at the banquet :devil:

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I figured tprender would take care of it. He seems to be the main guy around here......although Scott is starting to act like he wants to be the next president:D Anyway Scott you have my vote

All great Ideas , and dont forget Geoof George< Bryan Jone, Greg Kinklear, alot of great people. The problems come when the races start, I am thinking out loud on this one; with the way gas prices are now and depending on the amount of races we have you really need more than 1 person. I know the amount of hours spent by the above people are alot as mine also that is why we really do need more people to get involved. The 4-6 people who promote and try to keep things straight is only half of what we need.
We will see what happes at the meeting, meanwhile I will be handing out "AGAIN" the surveys for MHSC and we need to turn them back in if anyone wants a voice then take the time to fill them out and send them back; I have not got enough back yet to make a diffrence at the meeting yet.This is a chance to voice yourselves.!!!!!!!!
Scott:D

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
All great Ideas , and dont forget Geoof George< Bryan Jone, Greg Kinklear, alot of great people. The problems come when the races start, I am thinking out loud on this one; with the way gas prices are now and depending on the amount of races we have you really need more than 1 person. I know the amount of hours spent by the above people are alot as mine also that is why we really do need more people to get involved. The 4-6 people who promote and try to keep things straight is only half of what we need.
We will see what happes at the meeting, meanwhile I will be handing out "AGAIN" the surveys for MHSC and we need to turn them back in if anyone wants a voice then take the time to fill them out and send them back; I have not got enough back yet to make a diffrence at the meeting yet.This is a chance to voice yourselves.!!!!!!!!
Scott:D

Hey stingy you never gave me or Monica one:confused: :confused:

moto50
09-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Just race MX.
They have kids classes, and it doesn't matter what color your duct tape is you just pass them anyway.:macho

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
We`ve MX`ed a few years an it`s fun. But XC Racing the people are so much nicer an you get 2 hours worth of seat time :D Compared to 2 - 15 min motos an alot of sitting around time.But to each there own it`s all fun an beat`s sittting at home on the weekends:rolleyes:

moto50
09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Most of the quad riders at MX races are nice people. I would like to do a harescramble sometime but my quad won't fit thru those trees. :D

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Hey stingy you never gave me or Monica one:confused: :confused:

they were at the florence race , the wife was there giving them out remember?
I will try to post them on here as well.
Scott

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by moto50
Just race MX.
They have kids classes, and it doesn't matter what color your duct tape is you just pass them anyway.:macho

I hear ya Jason:D
I would like to do your quad race on the 16th but we got our last one the day before, sounds like you got a good setup going.
Good luck Jason
Scott

moto50
09-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I hope we get a good turnout. There are a lot of quad MX racers around Mo. Getting them to show up in another thing.

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 10:08 AM
they were at the florence race , the wife was there giving them out remember?
I will try to post them on here as well.
Scott

Monica said if she rembered you would have got one lol . yeah post them on here an people could just copy them an e-mail you back or snail mail them to ya.

DJJ450r
09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by moto50
Just race MX.
They have kids classes, and it doesn't matter what color your duct tape is you just pass them anyway.:macho [/QU

a 14 yr old isnt supposed to race a 450r in MX other wise i would race it more often. i have gotten away with it once but i doubt i could go a whole season with it:D

moto50
09-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
[QUOTE]Originally posted by moto50
Just race MX.
They have kids classes, and it doesn't matter what color your duct tape is you just pass them anyway.:macho [/QU

a 14 yr old isnt supposed to race a 450r in MX other wise i would race it more often. i have gotten away with it once but i doubt i could go a whole season with it:D

I know other guys that are doing it and have been doing it for a while.

scramblerracer
09-29-2005, 03:03 PM
When and where is the MHSC meeting. If nothing else I would like to hear about the changes for next year. Thanks Josh

shep
09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
:chinese: Josh i made that same suggestion last year and many others ,to help out ,make it a better serries and all i got was nobody talked to me for 6 months !!! So what im trying to say is becarefull how many ideas you come up with and how you voice your opinions!!! ..Im not trying to cause trouble just letting you know!!!! I hope I have not affended anyone ,if so not my intention!!

jdwxv3
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I would love nothing more than to help....BELIVE ME. It is absolutly impossibe with my stinking job. I work almost every weekend. The weekends I get off I have to beg and plead for not to mention ask off about a year in advance. Plus I could work my 8 hour day and at quiting time the boss could come up and say "we need you to come in overnight this is okay........right!?!?!". So if I ever get a better job I will bring the duct tape to the races, as of now I only race half or less than half of the races for the year. Sorry for getting on here and making a suggestion did not know it would be taken so personal. Anyway, see you at Park Hills. By the way to all who help the series thanks, my brothers and I do appriciate it.

geogeorge
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by shep
:chinese: Josh i made that same suggestion last year and many others ,to help out ,make it a better serries and all i got was nobody talked to me for 6 months !!! So what im trying to say is becarefull how many ideas you come up with and how you voice your opinions!!! ..Im not trying to cause trouble just letting you know!!!! I hope I have not affended anyone ,if so not my intention!!

I still talked to you shep.

Now Josh question. I don't care what class your in if your in front of me. I would like to know how to tell the guy infront to MOVE. IF the tape in on the back and your in front how are you going to know I'm not in your class?

Also, how are you going to know if we have a race like at scotts? hecvk the only color aout there was brown.

I'm not trying to be a bu** here just letting you know whats up and what you run into. ITs a good ideal for lining up but after that it don't work. Sorry to burst your bubble.

jdwxv3
09-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I still talked to you shep.

Now Josh question. I don't care what class your in if your in front of me. I would like to know how to tell the guy infront to MOVE. IF the tape in on the back and your in front how are you going to know I'm not in your class?

Also, how are you going to know if we have a race like at scotts? hecvk the only color aout there was brown.

I'm not trying to be a bu** here just letting you know whats up and what you run into. ITs a good ideal for lining up but after that it don't work. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Geoff Trust me it helps. I will not be as aggresive if the person is not in my class. If you are in my class and wont move, I will do what I have to do to get by. If you are a class in front of me I will wait....simple as that. And trust me it takes a lot more to burst my bubble than that

As far as a race like Scotts. That is an extreme situation. Besides I raced Lorreta's this year, it was a muddy mess and I could still see the tape. But whatever. It is not that big of a deal. I guess I will forget about it. Later

geogeorge
09-29-2005, 03:42 PM
I tell you all what.

I'll bring the duck tape to all the races I go to next year. might miss a few if we start before April. I'll pay for the duck tape, I'll put it on the helmits for you all. All I ask is that only 10 guys step up and offer to help out at a race. I mean arrow, sign up, lay it out not just work a check point. If 10 people will do that we can have one more race next year but I will need to know before the meeting this year.
Thanks
Geoff

jdwxv3
09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
If I get a new job, I will work a race. I promise

ronnie
09-29-2005, 04:58 PM
you can count me in next year.:)

shep
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
:bandit: I will concentrate on the planing at my place and see you at the races!!!!:D

Johnny & Monica
09-29-2005, 05:29 PM
:bandit: I will concentrate on the planing at my place and see you at the races!!!!:D

Planning on what :confused: :confused:

Geoff leaving tire marks across your back AGAIN :blah: :blah:
OH IT`S GOING TO BE ALONG WINTER :devil:

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I would love nothing more than to help....BELIVE ME. It is absolutly impossibe with my stinking job. I work almost every weekend. The weekends I get off I have to beg and plead for not to mention ask off about a year in advance. Plus I could work my 8 hour day and at quiting time the boss could come up and say "we need you to come in overnight this is okay........right!?!?!". So if I ever get a better job I will bring the duct tape to the races, as of now I only race half or less than half of the races for the year. Sorry for getting on here and making a suggestion did not know it would be taken so personal. Anyway, see you at Park Hills. By the way to all who help the series thanks, my brothers and I do appriciate it.

No need to apologize to any one Josh it is just that all of us have good intentions and all of us have jobs and family's to take care of.It is a full time job that no one person would be willing to undertake.
This is why it would work better as a club or group so Sole responcebility does not fall on one person.
Scott

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 05:55 PM
[
Geoff leaving tire marks across your back AGAIN :blah: :blah:
OH IT`S GOING TO BE ALONG WINTER :devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHH, MAN that was Funny Shep and you know it, and yes what Planning, I may want in on this too ???
Scott
Dont forget saturday about 9am-1 pm I will be out there picking up and have them with me.
Scott

shep
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
:bandit: I always have a december ride at my place ,and yes your in Scott !!! I will do my best to be there Sat, if all goes well!!! I guess i have to redeem my self at Flat !!!:blah: :devil:

yfz450xc
09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
:bandit: I always have a december ride at my place ,and yes your in Scott !!! I will do my best to be there Sat, if all goes well!!! I guess i have to redeem my self at Flat !!!:blah: :devil:

I will be home all night friday if ya want to pick them up then as well , or just get ahold of me.

I know instead of colored duct tape why dont we paint a big bullseye on back of Geoff so Shep can spot him out.:eek2: :D
Scott

shep
09-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I will be home all night friday if ya want to pick them up then as well , or just get ahold of me.

I know instead of colored duct tape why dont we paint a big bullseye on back of Geoff so Shep can spot him out.:eek2: :D
Scott :bandit: I can spot him!!!LOL:devil:

Rdogg450
09-29-2005, 07:03 PM

I heard you guys ride CRAZY at your place......!!!! :eek:

DJJ450r
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM

i cant wait to ride at your house again:D hopefully this time ill be able to ride in the trails with you guys.lol :blah:

shep
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
I heard you guys ride CRAZY at your place......!!!! :eek: :bandit: no crazy riden allowd!!! just have fun and dont get hurt!!!:)

geogeorge
09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
:bandit: I can spot him!!!LOL:devil:

Ya...I'm the one in front of you. :devil: :devil:

bigb426ex
09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I remember talking with Andy on the IATVHCS forum before the first race in Indianola last year about that and he said that sounded like a great idea. I remember racing my first GNCC at the Ironman and thought that was pretty cool seeing if the guy infront of you was in your class or not.

scramblerracer
09-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Geoff, do you have a date for this race that you need help at? Also where will it be, and how many days are you looking for? friday and saturday, just saturday? I would like to help out-especially if it adds a race to the atv schedule. Let me know and I will make sure I am available. Do you know where the meeting is and where it will be? Thanks Josh Lawrence

geogeorge
09-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Geoff, do you have a date for this race that you need help at? Also where will it be, and how many days are you looking for? friday and saturday, just saturday? I would like to help out-especially if it adds a race to the atv schedule. Let me know and I will make sure I am available. Do you know where the meeting is and where it will be? Thanks Josh Lawrence

The dates for the races will be st at the meeting in November. The meeting will be in Fulton Mo. at westmenster Collage. I do not know the date of the meeting as of yet but as soon as I know I will let you know. The race is Nasty Creek/MTRA I belive it will be at the Steelville place nest year and I will let them know I have people to work. I'm thinking we can set it all up in one weekend so I will need people for a Full saturday to do the trail and then I will need you again the day of the race. If you or anyone can put in more time that would be great as well. Thanks
Geoff.

Side note. Should we use gray duck tape for the seniors?

yfz450xc
09-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Side note. Should we use gray duck tape for the seniors? [/B][/QUOTE]
Well you wont have to worry about it sticking to our Hair :eek2:
But Geoff do they sell tape already winkeled for us :devil: :D

Whats up with Nasty creek, Buddy giving in to us or what, I may be in on something of the sort.
Scott:)

geogeorge
09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Side note. Should we use gray duck tape for the seniors?
Well you wont have to worry about it sticking to our Hair :eek2:
But Geoff do they sell tape already winkeled for us :devil: :D

Whats up with Nasty creek, Buddy giving in to us or what, I may be in on something of the sort.
Scott:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't worry about the winkels I would worry about how we can do bald spots.

Buddy said that if I can come up with the people to work the race and set it up that they would do ATVs again. I'm going to see if he is a man of his word. If I come up with the workers by the meeting then he has to hold up his end. I think we can come up with the workers. Puts it all on him. :devil:

motoboy66
09-30-2005, 08:03 PM
After I win the lottery, I'll retire and help out full time, as long as I can still race a few. :D

As far as your race goes, I'll help out, it would be like a little vacation for me, Oh wait I'll be retired. Seems like it would be fun going to the track a few days early and setting things up. As for the tape count me in. I loved it at the GNCC and Iowa race. someone set the collors, and we will all just do it on our own. I think most guys would do it. Can't wait for the Flat River race, see you all there.

Todd

yfz450xc
09-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Can't wait for the Flat River race, see you all there.

Todd [/B][/QUOTE]

Yea Fly Boy you better be ready for the flat river race cause I am a guning for ya and no more mister nice guy. Time for you to earn your wings.:D :eek2:
And no hot chips and salsa in the morning is gonna help you this time.
Scott
:macho :blah:

geogeorge
10-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Do they make 10 differnt colors of duck tape?:confused:

yfz450xc
10-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by geogeorge
Do they make 10 differnt colors of duck tape?:confused:

I must really be bored this early in the morning, but yes they have 13 diffrent colors of duct tape I just looked it up.
I think coffee is calling me now:eek2:
Scott

jdwxv3
10-01-2005, 06:56 AM
I am fixing to go riding, that is why I am up(got to get used to that stock machine:ermm: ) I know for a fact them make grey and black duct tape:D

geogeorge
10-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I am fixing to go riding, that is why I am up(got to get used to that stock machine:ermm: ) I know for a fact them make grey and black duct tape:D

Josh I got 2nd overall at last weekends race on a stocker. :devil:

Ok. I will work on colors for the class and we can give it a try for the ones that wont to do it at the next race.

jdwxv3
10-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Yea I read about it. Sounded like that race was tough to get through. I am trying to get us company in the stock class. My little cousin is 16 and just got a stock 450R. He rides ok but wears out really bad quick. I told him the more the merrier!

Later, Josh

yfz450xc
10-01-2005, 04:36 PM
ATV Racers survey
The following is an independent survey for ATV racers in the MHSC series and is not affiliated with MHSC in any way. It is a survey solely for informational purposes only on what you as racers would like to see in the MHSC series for 2006. We have grown to new records in the series and my only intention is to give the promoters an idea what we as ATV racers would like to see in the series. Please remember to avoid anything “Negative” towards MHSC officers or promoters and please be realistic for this is to help you and the series.

How many races would you like to see, be realistic, 1-20

Saturday or Sunday

Morning or Noon

1.5 hours or 2 hours

Would you like to see 0 , 1 or 2 “Selective” 2-3 hour races?

AA riders: Cash / Trophy’s or Both .

Trophies per riders, please remember they are costly but you also
earned them, please be realistic.

1 per every 3 riders 1 per every 4 riders 1 per every 5 riders

Youth races Y or No

How Many

How long

In response to several ATV racer’s do you like the in town starts
Y or N

Work averages state that a 2 week notice is to be given or it is up to the promoters descretion.

Should work averages be allowed. Y or N

Should the promoter be allowed to decide solely. Y or N

Should the score keeper be allowed to decide. Y or N

How should the rule be cited in your view, add your rule here.

Any other suggestions for MHSC would be grateful.

Thank you Scott B Johnson.

Again this is not affiliated with the MHSC officers or promoters in any way shape or form and has no affliation with said series. It is of my own collection of information to better the series. This is a information gathering survey for the MHSC meeting this year.
Scott B Johnson
You can also send your reply to
scottjohnsonxc@sbcglobal.net

motoboy66
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Can't wait for the Flat River race, see you all there.

Todd

Yea Fly Boy you better be ready for the flat river race cause I am a guning for ya and no more mister nice guy. Time for you to earn your wings.:D :eek2:
And no hot chips and salsa in the morning is gonna help you this time.
Scott
:macho :blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

I am feeling buffalo wings this time.:D

Rdogg450
10-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Lets make some things happen! lol:cool:

geogeorge
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
Lets make some things happen! lol:cool:

Hay Dogg good run last week. We yamaha boyz did good.

Rdogg450
10-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks alot.... just hope my luck carries over to Park Hills in a couple weeks. :cool: