PDA

View Full Version : 300ex cutting out

MX174
09-27-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll just start by saying i ride this thing pretty much to the limit everywhere. My problem is once i come off of a decent sized jump wide open it hesitates in the air and acts like you hit the kill switch for a second but then catches up with itself after i let off the throttle a little. It does not seem like its hitting the rev box its more just like falling on its face. When i tach it out going in a straight line it doesnt cut out at all. Ive opened it up sittin in my garage before and didnt have any hesitation. I also think i might be letting off and getting back into the throttle in the air so that might be something to consider. I think im runnin a 132 main and a stock pilot with a K&N filter and a Graydon Proline full system that i shortened. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

2muchquad
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
could be the float level in the carb,im not sure if those are fixed from honda or not:confused:

bwamos
09-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Most likley because while your in the air you are in a free fall state. You're fuel in the bowl will be "floating" mixed with the air. You may just be sucking some of that air through the main jet.

MX174
09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Is there any way to fix the problem if thats what it is?