PDA

View Full Version : eton rectifier

tntmck
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
i have a eton 90 and it is not getting any fire. i replaced the coil and the stator, and still no spark. i am going to replace the CDI box next but i was wanting to know what the rectifier does and will it cause it not to fire? how can i check to see if it is any good?
thank you

Spike99
09-27-2005, 09:28 PM

To me, the rectifer isn't used to create a spark (re: spark plug).

A rectifier converts AC (produced within the stator assembly) to DC and its built in Regular allows your battery to charge - but not over charge. For more details, surf:

http://www.rickystator.com/pages/Single_Phase_Rectifier_Regulator.html

If you've replaced the Stator assembly & external coil, it might be the CDI. It could also be a bad connection within the electrical system or an improperly set safety switch - like its tether cord NOT plugged in properly. Could be crud in the key switch and even crud within its red kill switch. When the complete wiring / switches have been double tested, then focus on a possible bad CDI.

Note: If you need to purchase a new CDI, you might want to install a 3rd party non-rev restricted CDI. A few more dollars then stock but if you need the extra engine RPMs, you'll have them.

Hope this helps....

tntmck
09-28-2005, 06:25 AM
thank you for the info.
now one more question, how do i bybass the key switch and totally eliminate it? what wires do i connect together?

Pappy
09-28-2005, 06:30 AM
if the eton has a connector for a quick release of the key, you can make a jumper wire and close the loop to ditch the key altogether. the oil light will probably remain on if that is done