PDA

View Full Version : '06 Trx450r Ride Reviews

Jonas
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
There must be a few of you out there that have some good ride reviews of the new '06. Post your ride reviews here please:D

chad502ex
09-27-2005, 05:22 PM
don't you own a HONDA dealer? havn't you rid'n one being that you went to the show?

09-27-2005, 05:29 PM
LOL i love ur signature chad

09-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Ive been riding mine all day n i think they are great! So much snappier than the 05s, shocks feel great, loving the electric start, hood n light look great

It does come off the ground a lot

Theres a couple kids around here with 450s n when i get mine broke in well line them up n compare all that

john.E.business
09-27-2005, 06:50 PM
hey jonas i see you live in everett washington you ever go watch the silvertips play? i played there for abit didn't know there was any good quad spots though:confused:

Jonas
09-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
don't you own a HONDA dealer? havn't you rid'n one being that you went to the show?

Not an owner here. We got a few of them in chad. I rode one gently around the parking lot. You can't tell much from that can you? I respect the fact that someone doesn't want you to break in their quad for them:)

Jonas
09-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by john.E.business
hey jonas i see you live in everett washington you ever go watch the silvertips play? i played there for abit didn't know there was any good quad spots though:confused:

I don't make too much time for hockey unfortunately. I spend my weekends at the Oregon dunes and/or my motocross track.

Any other ride reports?

john.E.business
09-27-2005, 11:47 PM
understandable i have been to portland a few times for hockey and have seen pics of the dunes... would they be worth a trip up from canada to go to?

09-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Come on guys some of u got urs over a week ago.. i wanna know what im in for ;)

chad502ex
09-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
Not an owner here. We got a few of them in chad. I rode one gently around the parking lot. You can't tell much from that can you? I respect the fact that someone doesn't want you to break in their quad for them:)

right. good that you extend that respect. I'm sure there are plenty who don't, but you seem better. just wondering.

09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
right. good that you extend that respect. I'm sure there are plenty who don't, but you seem better. just wondering.

When i was finally ready to get mine the guy announced for someone to pull my quad around to the trailor im liek dad who the F*CK is getting on my quad?!?! but he eased it over in 1st gear so it was cool

There was a drizzle of muddy water on the fender first time i sat on it so they deffinately rode it

Transplant2
09-28-2005, 08:30 PM
It rips...tons of power. Comes on hard and fast. The new lower gearing is way better for dunes...imho. E-start cranks kinda slow...had to bump idle up. Ergos feel slightly better. Engine has a bit more vibration...due to the forged 12:1 piston? Also makes more noise at idle. All in all I couldn't be happier. Add the HRC kit and I should be set.

Transplant2
09-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Was a nice day at the beach.

09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I wish i could ride an older one to know how much of a difference it is.. it definately does hit hard its like a powerband it will take the front wheels right off the ground