PDA

View Full Version : Should i be doing this with a seperated shoulder??

xsr_racing28c
09-26-2005, 10:23 PM
haha, i recently seperated my shoulder, tearing my tendons holding my collar bone in place... the surgeon told me that i should stay off the quad til late december or january, but i couldn't help but go out and play after getting my quad back together this afternoon... what do you all think?

xsr_racing28c
09-26-2005, 10:30 PM
breakin in the Razr's

JH_Racing188
09-26-2005, 10:37 PM
i did the same exact thing!!!!! about a month ago but im racing in 2 weeks and gonna start practicing wednesday
if it dont hurt i guess its cool!

Punk'd
09-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Sweet man! I have razrs as well.. How do you like them?

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/6347/img03091er.jpg

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/7018/img00933im.jpg

ThumPIN_450R
09-26-2005, 11:21 PM
that shouldn't be too bad on the shoulder. I dislocated mine once during wrestling and only missed about 3 days of practice from it. You never want to go to a doctor for something like that all they will do is give you a date you can't do any thing until, where as if you don't go you can get back after it as soon as it don't hurt any more

coryatver
09-26-2005, 11:41 PM
After you mess up those tendons your shoulder always pops out... you just got to learn how to put it back in yourself:eek2:

culookn
09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
that happened to my cousing after a while, his shoulder kept popping out everytime we went riding.

xsr_racing28c
09-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
that shouldn't be too bad on the shoulder. I dislocated mine once during wrestling and only missed about 3 days of practice from it. You never want to go to a doctor for something like that all they will do is give you a date you can't do any thing until, where as if you don't go you can get back after it as soon as it don't hurt any more

I didn't dislocate it, mine was a little more severe... my collar bone was poping two inches out of the top of my shoulder.. and yea it hurt like a ***** for the first month and half.. still does if i sleep wrong

And i love razrs

bwamos
09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Aye, seperation is completely different that a dislocation.

A seperation is where one or more of the three tendons that hold your collar bone to your "wing bone" which has the joint that makes your shoulder. Basically it's what holds your shoulder in place.

The rotator cuff is what holds the arm in the socket.

I have a complete seperation on my left shoulder (ATV 7yrs ago), and a torn rotator cuff on my right (HS Wrestling 12yrs ago).

The seperation will never grow back together, depending on the severity of the seperation (partial vs. complete). Basically the muscles are going to have to support your shoulder. I can push my collar bone up, down, forward, back, it's only connected on the end closest to my neck, it's not doing crap anymore.. lol.

How'd you like that first week or so where you had to sleep in one position with your shoulder supported by a pillow. OMG my back got so sore.. lol. You dont realize how much you need to move in your sleep until you can't.

The first day I was able to sleep on my side (probably 2 weeks).. was the best day of my life.. lol.

I was able to ride again after about 2 months. Make sure to keep doing your resistance bands.. you need your shoulder strong. That's also when I added my steering damper. Didn't want some stray stump throwing my shoulder out again.

Oh, and my shoulder still gets sore when I sleep on it wrong. That's not gonna go away. ;)

atv-853
09-27-2005, 08:24 PM
i just had my shoulder rebuilt completely and it been worth it. i had torn the front cardilage (the laberal) of the socket comletely off, tore the rotator cuff, tore the ligaments, and had bone fragments the size of marbles inbeded into the inner shoulder socket. i kept letting it dislocate almost every time i rode untill finally it wouldent go back in and i lost movement in my arm it takes about yhree months before you can start to use it so get alot of good video games.

twinkleflap_01
09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
i don't think he never think somedays but he one cool guy. but i don't think he will hurt himself anytime soon got a new track that we are workin on so yea.

winkels