PDA

View Full Version : Lady 300ex Rider Needs Help!!!!!!!

REDRIDER CHICK
09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
I have an 05 Honda 300 ex . Has anyone had problems with shifting into neutral?? When the bike is running it is very hard to hit neutral - it pops right into 1st/2nd without hitting neutral. If I shut the bike off it's really easy to go into neutral. I tried idleing it down abit - didn't help. Also tried adjusting the clutch because it does creep abit upon shifting into 1st or reverse - didn't help.
Is there an adjustment anywhere that will solve this irritating problem??
Please let me know - anyone??

Thanks!

OUR TOYS INCLUDE:
2001 Suzuki LTF500F
2005 Honda 300ex
2006 Honda Sportrax 90
2002 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak

ZeroLogic
09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
my brothers 250x and my dad atc 200x has the same problem we dont really know whats the probelm with it but i was reading a thread on here (i think it was on here) is had the awnser

MX300ex
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
i had the sme problem..i shut it off when it wouldnt go aand it worked...or try ur hand

PrairieFrisbee
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
rev it up a little bit while ur shifting into neutral.....works perfect every time

Tom TRX250R
09-26-2005, 11:05 PM
It sounds like your clutch adjustment is off, play with both the one by the clutch lever and also the one where the clutch cable connects to the motor. Keep playing with it back and forth until it is just perfect. My old 300ex did that right when I bought it before I adjusted the cable.

Oh yeah, just noticed 300th post.:D

QuadJunkies
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDER CHICK
I have an 05 Honda 300 ex . Has anyone had problems with shifting into neutral?? When the bike is running it is very hard to hit neutral - it pops right into 1st/2nd without hitting neutral. If I shut the bike off it's really easy to go into neutral. I tried idleing it down abit - didn't help. Also tried adjusting the clutch because it does creep abit upon shifting into 1st or reverse - didn't help.
Is there an adjustment anywhere that will solve this irritating problem??
Please let me know - anyone??

Thanks!

OUR TOYS INCLUDE:
2001 Suzuki LTF500F
2005 Honda 300ex
2006 Honda Sportrax 90
2002 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak

I have had to replace some shift forks /gears for the same thing two years in a row now , yours is pretty new to have the issues mine had, but mine was from all the load on those first two gears and they are the most used, therefore they wear quicker,do you still have warrenty on it?? I would have them check to make sure you dont have something bent. My only other suggestion would be what was already brought up wa the clutch is still not dialed in :) Good luck !!

Tina

bwamos
09-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Me 300ex has always been quirky getting it into neutral without it popping straight into second.

It just takes some time and practice. The 300ex/250x's generally have usually been hard to pop into neutral. Unless you dont want it too.. lol. But, that's murphy's law.

Giving the throttle a very slight blip before pulling it up does help some. Other quads have been much easier to get into neutral.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

My one piece of advice would be to get some riding boots (if you dont already). It actually makes it a lot easier. It much harder without. Doesn't really make sense, but I think it's because of the stiffness of the boots, compared to the spongeyness of tennis shoes.

I'm usually doing neutral by hand anyway. Either loading in the trailer, or dragging it out of the mud.. lol. Other than that it's usually in gear.

QuadJunkies
09-27-2005, 10:58 AM
My 300ex NEVER had nuetral issues....

I completly lost nuetral over a few months of letting mine go on my 400. Get it checked out ;) and let me tell ya... Honda gears are NOT cheap!! :scary:

300ex_#387
09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
what part of southern illinois are you from? I'm from olney illinois

REDRIDER CHICK
09-27-2005, 03:00 PM
From Belle Rive - small town 8 mi. SE of Mt. VERNON. Any good riding trails in Olney?

300ex_#387
09-27-2005, 03:02 PM
no not really, unless you know somebody. There is a few people around here with some private tracks but no actual tracks. the closest one is Casey. I'm about 90 miles from Mt. Vernon and about 2 hours west of Evensville

Cody_300ex
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by PrairieFrisbee
rev it up a little bit while ur shifting into neutral.....works perfect every time

ditto

hondardr4life
09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Mines the same way, its a ****** to get into neutral. I just ignore it. I have found that you have to rev it up a little bit, or have the quad be rolling a tiny little bit, but the engine at idle. I think the rolling method works the best becausetheres not really as much pressure from the motor on the gears as there is while its sitting still. Because when its sitting still, the clutch is not FULLY disengaged. Put it up on a jack and pull in the clutch then click it into first. The tires will spin some. Thats because theres a slight bit of pressure on the gears. So when it is rolling, that slight bit of pressure is taken off and it will pop right in. So all I do is that when I'm coasting to a stop, I click it into neutral, its as easy as that.

ridered300ex
09-27-2005, 06:15 PM
i have a 2002 300ex has the same problem, i hold the put it into first, hold the reverse shifter and click up into reverse, let clutch out just a hair so i know it grabbed reverse, then push the reverse shifter back down to get it to neutral. It may sound like a lot but i bypassed all that reverse button crap on the clutch lever so all i do is pull in the clutch and click to reverse