PDA

View Full Version : power line park GNCC

fastmini
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Just seeing if everyone's getting ready for the GNCC. Track can get rocky and a few hills. Should be a great track for the minis. Weather is always a factor, Walker is hoping for another dry and dusty one. I never liked it when i raced but oh well. Walker can hardly wait! Just need to make the final touches on the quad.

Pappy
09-26-2005, 07:14 PM
we will be there!

codys quad will be re powdercoated and all the cracks welded tomarrow, then reassembly on wednesday. dyno runs on saturday then clean her up and get ready for the race:p

hope to see a large turn out!

mcatvme
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
PA Austin Findley and Haydn Wolpert are READY TO GO. Looking to improve on their overall finishes. Cant wait to see you all at the track.:muscle:

Arctic Cat Dad
09-26-2005, 08:12 PM
We will be there. Michael has really been tearing up the woods getting ready.I hope it's really rocky and rough. That's the kind of tracks he loves. But he's hoping it's muddy and slick,that's how he likes the tracks! See ya'll there.

thunderisland
09-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Hello guys we are planning on coming unless the creek don't rise.Cain would prefer muddy but Dad and his quad likes it dry and fast so we'll be watching the weather all week.Hopefully we can improve our finish.Danny,Pappy and Mike looking forward to chatting with you all see ya at St.Clairsville.Mike we haven't fixed the air box yet but will if it looks like any chance of being sloppy.

bjt7550
09-28-2005, 08:16 AM
We are thinking about trying first GNCC Youth race at St. Clairesville

How technical are the Youth atv tracks ?
What skill level should the rider should be ?
Is the start a "running" or "dead" engine start ?
We have done some local CRA Hare-scrambles so my son has some experince
He mostly does MX but getting more intrest in XC

My feeling was get down there early on Friday & walk track to see track layout & if he doesnt feel comfortable we can stay , hang out & watch all the racing on Saturday

Pappy
09-28-2005, 09:36 AM
the courses are not bad, unless rain hits. RP does a good job at re-routing in the event of a dangerous obstacle.

id suggest running your son in the same class as he has raced locally. the competition varies in every class.

hope to see you there, and yes, walking the track is a great idea for his first GNCC

good luck!

bjt7550
09-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Sounds like it is going to be fun ,I am 99% sure he will run GNCC

We are also excited about sticking around & watching Pro race .

Just mounted New rear elka shock up last night (already been running front elka's)
Going to a MX race this Sunday that starts in the early AM & if everything goes right we will travel about 20 mins down the road & there is a 30 min long GP race (MX Track & open field ) that is running mini-quads around 3pm so my boy should be in good riding condition.

We have been racing 6-8 weeks in row of riding to keep him in shape for GNCC.

Looking at past results there should be a fair amount of Honda TRX90's running GNCC.
In our area we are lucky to race against maybe 1 if any in MX or XC ,everybody's running 2 strokes .

Arctic Cat Dad
09-29-2005, 05:55 PM
bjt,

Hope to see ya there, The tracks are very easy. There should be a ton of mini's there. There are alot of mini's in ohio. We had almost 70 there the last time. Look all of us up . We will be there early friday morning. Walking the track is a plus. Take the mountain bikes and let them ride the course they love to ride the course. Look for the little 838 lime green mini and introduce yourself. Always great to meet a new race buddy!

Can't wait to race. He's busting at the seams to make up for the bad luck 5th place finish.But them things happen.

Pappy
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
this week will fly by eh>?

whats this track like, this is one gncc event i have never attended:confused:

fastmini
10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Pappy this track is typical Ohio ground-some rock some hard pack not too hilly we've had pretty good luck there- it seems like it always rains on Friday!See ya soon!

Arctic Cat Dad
10-05-2005, 04:43 AM
Let it rain,let it rain, We love the mud! See every1 Fri.

fastmini
10-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Im not sure if I want that 90 in more mud. It took forever to get everything back where it needed to be after the last Ohio race. Its not the cleaning part, that motor just hates the water! See everyone soon!

fastmini
10-05-2005, 06:39 PM
I asked walker when he came in the house what he wanted the weather to be like this weekend and he said the more dust the better. I hope he's not counting on good ol' ohio weather because you never know.