PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

RasinCain
09-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Just registered. Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lynda and my husbands name is Clint. We live in Texas. Use to be heavily involved in the hobby of modding cars and racing. Are true passion: Camaros. We have had 5 between the two of us. Well the car thing just got too damn expensive, so we are looking for other fun hobbies without going into debt. Want to get a sport ATV to take some different places around the state to ride. Not interested in racing one really. Looking at no smaller than a 250 but no bigger than a 450 right now. A couple I have looked at are the Yamaha Raptor 350 & Honda TRX250 and 400. I know there are others but those are the only ones I have actually checked out in person. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. We are totally new to the ATV world, so be easy on us ;)

TIA

Lynda & Clint Cain

MOFO
09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Whatever you do, do not get a Raptor 350 or 250EX.... you'll just be trading them in later for a bigger, faster model.

I would suggest nothing less than a 400EX....probably the best sport trail quad out there IMO. Its a great all around reliable quad. If your looking for some real speed, I'd suggest the new 450R with electric start...unless you dont mind kicking.