PDA

View Full Version : 250R hood on 400EX - What about the Key?

aviator4
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey all,

I just installed a carbon fiber "look" hood from Maier on my 400EX... but am not sure about the key and the neutral light.

Where do you put 'em? If you took 'em off, how did you set up an ignition switch?

Ideas and Pics Are appreciated!

aviator4
09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Here's a pic of the finished product.

aviator4
09-26-2005, 12:01 PM
And another

trx400exxracer
09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I done this on my blaster but havent tryed it yet on my 400

I just hooked up the same colors to geher that were apart I am fien to try it I will let you know after I finish

also is that stock plastic

aviator4
09-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes. It's stock. I ended up putting the key on the side of the plastics. I will post a pic of how I did it. I will hook up the Netural light to a 12 Volt LED that will fit perfectly in the hole of the steering stem where the vent hose used to go. (it has a billet vent on it now, so it's not used)

aviator4
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Okay, so here's where I put the key, just in case anyone is interested.

It's so far forward because just behind the plastics is the tank. I have to come this far forward to clear it. I'm happy with it. Should work well.

aviator4
09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I also wasn't too happy about losing my neutral indicator, and I have been looking for a better place to mound a nitrous arming indicator since the switch is now wired into the throttle, so I made this little plate.

I just finished it, now it needs to be disassembled and polished. I have a buddy making some stickers for me. One says "neutral" and one says "Nitrous" that will be put on the new dash around each light. I considered making one that says "go baby go" but I wasn't that big of a fan of the movie Gone is 60 Seconds. LOL

They both glow green for now, but eventually, the nitrous light will be red. I've also left a place for either another light or a switch, maybe for another set of lights or something.

And no, I didn't drill a hole in my handlebar clamp. I ran the bolt through the hole where the vent tube would normally go.

Opinions are appreciated!

trx400exxracer
09-26-2005, 11:02 PM
lookin good how hard was it to put the 250r hood on there

aviator4
09-27-2005, 06:52 AM
It wasn't hard at all. Just too some patience and a good die grinder.