PDA

View Full Version : This past weekend in college football....

nowukno
09-25-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't know how many people on here are college football fans but i thought i would post my thoughts. I think USC finally showed they are not invincible when they were down 13-0 to oregon but they did come back in a hurry. My #3 Hokies looked awesome beating georgia tech 51-7 and i think they have a good chance of running the table and getting to the rose bowl as long as Texas or USC loses. I am a huge Virginia Tech fan and live a couple minutes away. I have been to ever game this year including the 2 road games at NC State and Duke. I had an awesome time this weekend in blacksburg with the big win and ESPN College Gameday been there. Here are some pics i thought i would share from saturday.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0842.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0848.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0853.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0852.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0856.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0857.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0858.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0859.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0860.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0861.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_0862.jpg

GO HOKIES!!!

nowukno
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
I guess nobody likes college football. :(

honduh440
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
thats cool seeing the espn guys

09-26-2005, 11:49 PM
im a NFL fan right now, GO Salukis in college football...heres sunday at the Titans game, im the guy on the left with the 3 jersey.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid188/pbc43b2925d8d18e29ca1637f8b28a0a5/f22021b0.jpg

Tommy 17
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
i'll take a camera to the ohio state game in 2 weeks at psu... its gonna be on ESPN and stuff... if psu pulls it off and wins it they already declared we are gonna riot in the streets haha... i know i'm campin out and startin to drink friday at 5 and the game doesn't start till saturday at 7:10:p :devil:

we play minnesota saturday... i'll see what i can come up with...

Hondadudeehhhh
09-27-2005, 04:49 PM
wolverines suck this year :o im pissed. I hope Michigan State wins the big 10 because i absolutely hate ohio state

K_Fulk
09-28-2005, 11:55 PM
The posters in the crowd are pretty original :D
I dont have much to say since the Buckeyes and Browns both have bye's this week.

I did come across this article , you may be interested in it.

I have to credit my ABC partner John Saunders, who said on Saturday that Virginia Tech is the second best team in the country. I shot back "No way, Texas is!" But I've since tried to absorb what John said and came up with this: USC is the best team and should be No. 1. And there are three other teams capable of winning the national championship.

One at a time please ...

USC

I was one of those guys who said in first few weeks that Oregon was a team with a legitimate shot at beating USC. I announced Oregon at Houston in early September and felt like the Ducks were a threat, especially at home. Yet this past Saturday morning, in filling out my in-house prediction sheet, I went with USC to win big. When it's all said and done, who can score enough points to keep up with Matt Leinart and friends? The Trojans' offense just demolished the spirit of Oregon and will do the same to most of their opponents. It's frustrating as a player to stand on the sidelines and watch your defense give up another big play to the opponent. USC foes find themselves standing almost in awe of the potency of Leinart and company.

Ultimate strength: Offense -- It's suffocating and demoralizing
Weakness: Defense -- But coaching will overcome the lack of experienced players

Texas

I put Texas at No. 2 based on its really impressive win in Columbus, Ohio, over the Buckeyes. UT looks like a different team this year. In what respect? UT showed a lot of poise and bounce-back in Columbus, something it hasn't had in big tilts of late. The Longhorns' defense is the real deal, maybe not so much in terms of individual stars as much as a unit that plays together. The Horns defensive line is huge and wears down the offensive line late in the game. And the ability for the unit to rotate fresh players in was a plus, too. Vince Young is an extremely talented player who now has back-to-back big time come-from-behind wins under his belt (Rose Bowl and Ohio State). That confidence will propel his team through the tough conference games when Texas seems to falter a time or two. Example: Last year at Kansas.

Ultimate strength: Defense -- It held the ship together in Columbus
Weakness: Nothing in particular, unless Young can't throw when he's forced to

Virginia Tech

When the season started, I was one of those who doubted VT. Not its defense, but Marcus Vick. I'm still not sure Vick can carry this team. But I'm also not sure he'll ever have to. The Hokies have stifled their opponents. Team speed and power is evident when you watch them play. And we've all watched for years how the special teams makes plays, too. VT might be the most balanced team in the country. All three units look good. But it's the defense and special teams that get my vote. Speaking of votes, here's how I have changed my stance on Tech: My preseason vote had it at nine, then eight, then six, to four and now at three.

Ultimate strength: Defense -- It's loaded with speed
Weakness: Still not sure Vick can carry team if needed

Ohio State

Yes, they've lost a game. But it was to the No. 2 team in the country and it was a last-minute loss. The Buckeyes offense couldn't convert enough opportunities into touchdowns. Great kicker -- but six is better than three. OSU was rotating quarterbacks in that contest, but I do not believe that caused the Buckeyes to lose that game. Yet, now that they've settled on Troy Smith, this "team" might be getting better. And when it comes to defense, whew! Speed, speed and more speed. And their linebackers will find those carrying leather. Although the Big Ten is down, the Buckeyes aren't.

Ultimate strength: Defense -- sound familiar?
Weakness: Like Texas, can OSU throw it if it has to?

reddeisel
09-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i'll take a camera to the ohio state game in 2 weeks at psu... its gonna be on ESPN and stuff... if psu pulls it off and wins it they already declared we are gonna riot in the streets haha... i know i'm campin out and startin to drink friday at 5 and the game doesn't start till saturday at 7:10:p :devil:

we play minnesota saturday... i'll see what i can come up with... were gonna spank you guys next week! bring it punk.... :blah: ....no, you gotta support your home team though for real. i hate these morons that walk around my town wearing michigan clothes and they have never lived there, been there, or anything they just do it cuase they don't like o-state. that drives me crazy:mad: . me, im'a buckeye all the way.go bucks. the psu game will be good. lookin foward too it, as far as virginia tech goes i actually really like watching vick do good. i'de like to see him get drafted and spank his brother.

reddeisel
09-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
wolverines suck this year :o im pissed. I hope Michigan State wins the big 10 because i absolutely hate ohio state michigan :o , you guys suck always have. bring it punk.........:scary:

Chino
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
I guess nobody likes college football. :(

hope VT is ready for a spankin by WVU saturday.

:devil:

BSTURDIVANT
09-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Chino

:devil: :macho

jcv400ex
09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
WE ARE....PENN STATE!!! :macho

I tease my cousins boyfriend, he's from Ohio and cheers for the Irish.....:confused:

Tommy 17
09-29-2005, 10:37 AM
i have a bet for the ohio state game with a girl that goes to OSU...

if penn state wins she has to drive her *** to happy valley to go out to dinner with me...

if ohio state wins i have to wear a ohio state jersey into the student section of beaver stadium the next game... i'll probably be hung in the stadium but o well a bet is a bet... i gotta get a picture of it also...:o :chinese:

i can't wait for the game saturday... we got 3 16s ready to tailgate:devil:

Hondadudeehhhh
09-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by reddeisel
michigan :o , you guys suck always have. bring it punk.........:scary:

november 19 :o

Bush0102
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
here's what real college football looks like.

by the way, i hear Kirk Herbstreit gets laid at every campus he visits.

09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102

by the way, i hear Kirk Herbstreit gets laid at every campus he visits. that guys has always creeped me out

Bush0102
09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Lee Corso's beedy eyes creep me out

yellowex26
09-29-2005, 02:07 PM

HE** Yeah GO WVU!!

ZBlaster
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
here's what real college football looks like.

by the way, i hear Kirk Herbstreit gets laid at every campus he visits.

HELL YEAH GO VOLS!!

did u watch the LSU game monday night? i missed it and damnit i wish i wouldnt have now... 17 points in the 4th quarter and beating them in overtime...

reddeisel
09-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
november 19 :o :rolleyes: :o like i said bring it. i am really looking forward to watching you guys play mich state though, that should be a good game. although they did beat notre dame right after notre dame spanked you guys:p. i love to hate you guys. good 'ol rivolry(sp) .

nowukno
09-30-2005, 10:12 AM

LMAO!!! I will be sure to post my thoughts after the game on saturday. I predict VT 23 - WVU 7

GP400
09-30-2005, 10:25 AM
The pride of UT:

stocktires
09-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster

did u watch the LSU game monday night? i missed it and damnit i wish i wouldnt have now... 17 points in the 4th quarter and beating them in overtime...

That's one hell of a sore subject around here.

asa_2
09-30-2005, 06:59 PM
I am cornhuskers fan myself, being raised in Nebraska , it's the only way to go.
Now if only we can get our offense to score more than our defense

Chino
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
LMAO!!! I will be sure to post my thoughts after the game on saturday. I predict VT 23 - WVU 7

you sure you can post with bloody fingers after beating the walls saying why VT why VT are you so STUPIDDDDD :devil:

ZBlaster
10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by stocktires
That's one hell of a sore subject around here.

id say it is... to be completely honest the reason i didnt watch it was because i just knew lsu was gonna beat our ***...

10-01-2005, 03:55 PM
SIUC beat MO state in OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO

nowukno
10-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Whew!!! I just got home from morgantown , i didn't think i was gonna make it outta there alive. But my hokies looked great! I would risk life and limb and go again.

GO HOKIES!!!

Chino
10-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Whew!!! I just got home from morgantown , i didn't think i was gonna make it outta there alive. But my hokies looked great! I would risk life and limb and go again.

GO HOKIES!!!

I plead the 5th

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 07:07 PM
BRING ON THE BUCKEYES!!!!! penn state 5-0!!!!

minnesota talk about a ****ty team haha

nowukno
10-01-2005, 07:17 PM
BRING ON THE BUCKEYES!!!!! penn state 5-0!!!!

minnesota talk about a ****ty team haha

I was stunned when i saw the score of the Penn St/Minnesota game. I think they have a legit shot at beating Ohio St. One thing is for sure though , happy valley will be crazy come saturday night.

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 07:22 PM
I was stunned when i saw the score of the Penn St/Minnesota game. I think they have a legit shot at beating Ohio St. One thing is for sure though , happy valley will be crazy come saturday night.

you have no clue how bad happy valley is gonna be... u shoulda been at the game today... it was so loud and crazy!

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 07:52 PM
o BTW everyone that has the chance watch the highlights of the penn state game...

robinson did a QB sneak around the right hand side... and the corner was like YES free hit on the QB... robinson dropped his shoulder and leveled the guy... he never moved after that... i think he broke his neck to be honest... its the worst hit i've ever seen...

i'll try and get a link to the video... it happened on the other side of the field from me and the hit was so hard it sounded like it was right next to me!

MotoX3
10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
o BTW everyone that has the chance watch the highlights of the penn state game...

robinson did a QB sneak around the right hand side... and the corner was like YES free hit on the QB... robinson dropped his shoulder and leveled the guy... he never moved after that... i think he broke his neck to be honest... its the worst hit i've ever seen...

i'll try and get a link to the video... it happened on the other side of the field from me and the hit was so hard it sounded like it was right next to me! that was amazing..one of the best/worst helmet to helmet hits ive ever seen...id hate to be that corner tommorow morning:eek2:

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah it sounded like someone took a 2x4 and cracked a metal pole with it as hard as they could...

i think it was their corner... may have been the strong safety... who ever it was he got his bell rung

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 09:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

go there and watch the penn state video... its the 2nd play that they show... unreal how hard they hit

FasstMidnightZ
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I dont see it :confused:

Found it ;)

Tommy 17
10-01-2005, 09:46 PM
click right here...

and above that read teh story about the suicide bombing at the oklahoma game!

reddeisel
10-01-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah penn state ran away with that one. i can't beleive usc came back to beat az state i really thought they had them:ermm: . then to see michigian beat mich state. wich by the way if you missed it, it was a pretty good game. i was really wanted mich state to win that one :( , oh well. next week we got penn state.................bring it tommy 17 :p .

10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
there went Vanderbilts winning streak

Tommy 17
10-02-2005, 11:26 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOO i just heard that gameday is coming to happy valley this weekend... beaver stadium is goin to be nutz!

tamehart
10-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Whether PSU wins the OSU game or not...its still gonna be crazy in Happy Valley. PSU has the advantage of the crowd, which can be a powerful tool. Hopefully I can end my senior year on a good note...I just want a bowl game.

Tommy...you best be stopping in on Friday...

PS. if you will be at the GAME.....WEAR WHITE!!!!

MOFO
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
My in-laws always get pumped up for this match up. My sister in-law graduated from PSU and her husband graduated from OSU. It gets interesting in their house sometimes.. :devil:

Tommy 17
10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by tamehart

Tommy...you best be stopping in on Friday...

don't worry i'll be there... lets just hope me and u don't go to jail in the process:o :p

btw heres where i sat at the last 3 games... i'm usually right around the red dot...

tamehart
10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
If you plan on sitting there...you best be there very very early...people are talking going over in the morning. It could get pretty crazy at the gates.

We are prally gonna do somethign good friday night...I will keep you posted

Tommy 17
10-02-2005, 04:48 PM
lmfao i don't care where i sit for this game...

heres my goal for the ohio state game...

get as wasted as possible friday night... continue to tailgate saturday... stumble my way to the stadium right before game time and sit where ever i don't care... then after the game go down town and drink and party somemore!

yeah keep me posted... i'm def stoppin by friday sometime for sure! my classes are over at 3 so i can be up there by 4!

tamehart
10-02-2005, 05:00 PM
sounds great.....my classes end thursday at 5:30.....

yeah....I got Tuesday/ Thursday classes this semester as well as next.

I will make sure we have an abundance of beverages for you...swing on out

Tommy 17
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
haha sounds good... i see what kinda stupid freshman girls i can round up:o :devil:

reddeisel
10-08-2005, 11:05 AM
aaahhhh, gameday, tommy i hope your ready to watch the bucks spank your team:p :D

reddeisel
10-08-2005, 08:41 PM
well, game just ended and i have to eat my words psu you gave it to osu. we suck and you'll rock. i can't beleive are quarterback blows chunks so badly, that hurts pride............goodbye any shot at a title:( :( :mad:

K_Fulk
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Good job by penn state, we made a couple mistakes and they didnt. You guys kinda remind me of OSU in 02, nothing flashy on offense (well maybe they are against worse defenses), good defense , and make plays when they need too.

Matt37
10-09-2005, 08:02 AM
That was the worst offensive game I have ever seen.

Both PSU and OSU did not look like they had a clue what to do on offense.

Tommy 17
10-09-2005, 11:25 AM
PSU!!!!!

i got maced at the game last night when everyone rushed the field... i got a few pics i'll put up in a new tread... and alot of good stories!!:devil:

Tommy 17
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Matt37
That was the worst offensive game I have ever seen.

Both PSU and OSU did not look like they had a clue what to do on offense.

when u have 2 defenses like that its nearly impossible... linebackers like puslusnki conor and hawk are hard to play against...

they shut our star down derrik williams... i was shocked...