PDA

View Full Version : SprayChrome??????

stever250r
09-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey Pappy,

Posted a link I wanted you to check out. Maybe you've already heard of it, maybe not.

Anyhow, I found this while researching for chrome platers to do my subframe. I thought it might be a business opportunity you would be interested in, if it wouldnt cost you a fortune to become a licensed applicator of this product. If its what they say it is, Im sure you would get covered up in projects from this sight alone.

Let me know what you think of it.

Anybody else heard of this???

Steve

http://www.spraychrome.com/o/sc1/index2.htm

Pappy
09-27-2005, 09:28 PM
they are sending me some info, and its a $5k buy in. ill check it out tho.

Mxjunkie
09-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I've seen this on tv, they sprayed a little football and gave it to I belive it was mc nabb after doing his car. Trick stuff :cool:

400ex28
10-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I've seen this on tv, they sprayed a little football and gave it to I belive it was mc nabb after doing his car. Trick stuff :cool:

Yeah, I saw that a while back ago.....it was awesome looked just like chrome!

JDiablo
10-02-2005, 11:10 AM
wow,that looks pretty cool,i wonder how it holds up though?

rockman
10-02-2005, 09:44 PM
ya keep us updated on whether or not you are going to buy in or not. that would be trick

mcatvme
12-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Do you do this Ken? Id like to find someone that does.

Pappy
12-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I CHECKED INTO THIS AND IT WAS A $5000 BUY IN (oops caps lock)

I did call a few places that do this and they said results vary with the type of conditions the coated part is exposed to. i reckon its sort of like any other coating in that regard.

I have to get thru this winter and get the shop here at the house completed and then i will look back into adding this service. i think it would be pretty cool, especially seeing what could be done to alot of parts that can not be powdercoated or chromed.

knelson
12-20-2005, 01:46 PM
man, I got a can of spray chrome at my shop, I'd be willin to do some parts for ya if ya like:D j/k I would like to know (not to hi-jack the thread or nothing but while we are kinda on the topic) has anybody used the omegasonic or any like wise parts cleaner I was thinking of purchasing one for my shop but would like to see if anyone uses a ultrasonic machine. Talked to a guy who uses one b'f powder coating and he says it works flawlessly but before I drop 7-19 grand on a machine I thought maybe I'd get some real testemonials.

Pappy
12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
i want one also:p

it would work extremely well for cleaning parts before finishing but id usually use it for parts to be molycoated or other coatings. getting one large enough for street bike frames and quad frames will be pricey for me, but there is always the future:p

here is a little tid bit of info for anyone interested

http://www.kvfquad.com/ImagePages/ultrasonic.htm

popo
12-21-2005, 05:43 AM
We have tried it, the results vary producing a mild foggy finish.

Durability= not very good.

knelson
12-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by popo
We have tried it, the results vary producing a mild foggy finish.

Durability= not very good.
You are refering to the chrome right?

I emailed omegasonics about a week ago and just recieved their sales packet along with their december sales specials,
To get the one I need for engine blocks and such it's about 16 g's
And I'm not shure you could fit a whole frame in this one!!!
I went ahead and got one so I will be able to let you know how it works (to bad it's comming from CA all the way to FL).