PDA

View Full Version : New Track Up, Need Legal Help!!!!

Wired
06-12-2002, 04:04 PM
hey, i have some friends building a track and they and i have some questions on the legal aspect of putting up a track. its more less for our private use but we know alot of guys that want to ride there. our question is, what legal acts do we have to take so we dont get ourselves in a bunch of lawsuits? the idea their working on now is to form a club that would buy the land the track is on and the most anyone could sue for is the land. i'd like to hear about what some of you guys with your own track did to help protect you from lawsuits. thanks

jon

400exBro
06-12-2002, 04:08 PM
diffently make em sign a wavier saying incase of any acciendet that they are responsible for any accidents casuing injury or death that you the owner will not get sued and if they are under 18 make there parents sign it to make sure, also do stuff like pro built mx tracks (or atleast that is what the tracks around here make us do)
Bro

QuadRacer041
06-12-2002, 04:37 PM
even if you have them sign waivers, you can still be sued.
get insurence.

YLW400
06-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Also, if he charges, he may have to have a business license

Adam496
06-12-2002, 06:38 PM
if u charge ull probly have to get a ambulance

zzbudzz
06-12-2002, 07:51 PM
i have built/building a small track just for me ,nephew,and the neighbors kid.the other day i had to work 4 to 12 ,and they were riding with two other kids w/ quads that i did'nt .they were riding up the sides of the jumps,riding thru my yard( with my 4 year daughter outside playing ),just being a reckless.i know boys will be boys. then my wife calls me and tells me they came flying across the yard w/neigbors kid and go in the garage.my wife went out there and one of the kids are sitting on my quad!?so she already kinda pissed out the deal, cause she thought i said they could ride on the track. so she told them thats it get the **** out here and leave.i built the track just for that so kids and i have a place to ride when the field are planted,but i guess i'll have to be a dick and put a stop to it ! kinda sucks cause i thought about the same thing (WiredCinqmars),if one of the kids get hurt out there,then i might get SUED for giving some kids a place to ride.so if get some waivers for some of the kids that i like and don't mind riding on the track will that be enough?

Zero Z400
06-13-2002, 01:29 PM
My friend (appleman847) knows a guy, I think his name is brad...? and he is looking inot making a riding place but is worried about the same issues. He already has a private track, its like 20 acres and the track is in the middle with corn fields surrounding. But this guy made him an offer, his track and land for 200 acres! He wants to make 5 tracks, begginer, intermediate, expert, kids and something else and have a parts place and a gas station. As soon as he figures out what he needs to do he'll probaly go through with it!

Later

Juggalo
06-13-2002, 03:15 PM
build a big ase fence around it. i'm not even joking, that will stop a lot of unwanted people from getting in there. also get some waivers made up. my friend had some made for his track and any1 who we want riding there has to sign one to be able to ride.

06-13-2002, 03:47 PM
BUT I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM ONCE. HERE IN KY. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS POST NO TRESPASSING SIGNS ALONG THE OUTER PERIMETER OF THE PROPERTY. JUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS THOUGH.