PDA

View Full Version : bearings

rooster_20
09-24-2005, 09:44 PM
i just bought all balls bearings about 6 months ago and they are already bad. but it was just the left side(chain side) the other side wasnt that bad. and when i get up to about 70 my bike starts almost wobeling. im thinkin i have a warped rim? how could i check it? the tread is wore crazy too plz help

tprender
09-25-2005, 05:49 AM
When you put the bearing in, did you repack or fill the bearing with extra grease? If you ride in alot of water or mud the bearing will go out fast. The single roll bearing are bad for not lasting. Your wobble is the bearing. You need to change it before it takes out the axle surface that the bearing rides on.

quad2xtreme
09-25-2005, 08:25 AM
You can check your front rims for wobble by putting the quad up so it is resting on rear grab bar.

Use a powerwasher to spin the front. You will know if you have egg-shaped your front rims.

If the fronts are fine, you have most likely narrowed you handling problem done to the rear tires, axle, or swingarm bearings.

/jon

rooster_20
09-25-2005, 09:27 AM
yea i packed it with extra grease it isnt my front rims the wobel is in the back but its just that one side so i thought it would be my left rear rim warped. is there any way to check that?

quad2xtreme
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
You could switch your rims or use your buddy's rims & tires for a test ride.

It is real obvious though if your bearing has gone out again.

Did you jack it up and check those swingarm bearings?

At 70 miles per hour, it just be that your tires are far enough out of balance especially if you use a product like Slime.

/Jon

cals400ex
09-25-2005, 02:38 PM
you could have tires that are no where near balanced, a bad rim, a bad steering stem bearing, a bent axle, etc.