PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advice!

pinky93
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. A few weeks ago, I was trying to decide between a 400 0r 450R and because of the responses, I went with the 2004 450R from my buddy. It is awesome to say the least. Every time I ride it, I am amazed a little more. It is obviously the most powerful ATV I have ever had, but the suspension just impresses the hell out of me!:D

My only gripe at all, is that the engine kind of lugs a bit at low speeds, I am assuming that is the gearing and a sprocket change could help? Any thoughts?

bulkdriverlp
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
airbox mod,slip-on, jets

450robot
09-24-2005, 07:32 PM
yes, go a tooth lower on the front sprocket, and the luggy ness of the 450rs first gear problem will go away

im glad your happy, im still in love with mine, and im the kinda person who gets bored of there quad really easily, but it has provided me with enough power, and nimble handling to last me a long time

pinky93
09-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
yes, go a tooth lower on the front sprocket, and the luggy ness of the 450rs first gear problem will go away

im glad your happy, im still in love with mine, and im the kinda person who gets bored of there quad really easily, but it has provided me with enough power, and nimble handling to last me a long time

I can't even put into words how much I am impressed with it. I will definitely start the mods soon......:D

My son got the TRX250 and he loves it too, but for me moving up to the 450R is like going from a moped to a CBR!!! It was worth it for sure! I can't believe how it takes jumps, and that's just small ones on our track. What a blast!:devil: