PDA

View Full Version : an archetype?

JRP
09-24-2005, 05:20 PM
does anyone know what this is... we have to find 3 archetypes either on TV or in a book or magazine.. can any one help me out.. this is for english. thanks

Mxjunkie
09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
I know fear factory has a song titled that :) lmao

Scott-300ex
09-24-2005, 05:27 PM
The only reason i know this is becuz Fear Factory's 2nd newest album is called Archetype so thats how i know

Archetype is like copying off another thing, taking its characteristics, copying off a pattoned

JRP
09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
well does anyone know 3 archetypes off of TV or a Magazine or Books.. Thanks for the definition man.

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-24-2005, 06:02 PM
when copys are being made the archetype is the model for the copys

Scott-300ex
09-24-2005, 06:03 PM
uh, maybe like, dirtwheels mag and atvsport mag, same thing but different

get a cover from both

punk'd and that one that that queer from simple plan made to try and be exactly like ashton kutcher, but he can't cuz he's a gay ***, i don't remember the name of his show

NacsMXer
09-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Archetypes are kinda hard to explain in exact words.. but I sort of think of them as the original model of something that gets copied or recreated throughout history. For example, there's the hero archetype so you can talk about any types of heros that you've seen in magazines or t.v (i.e. superman, the Akraix crew!). There's the wise old man archetype, which has been in many movies and tv shows (i.e. Obi wan Kenobi). The trickster (Bart Simpson) is another one we commonly experience. These types of "original" characters that aren't newly created, but are classic examples of a role, can be considered archetypal.

They're not just limited to these classic character roles either as archetypes can be axiomatic examples of ideas as well. One example of this is the cliche. You can talk about how certain trends in magazines or TV are recreated by people to the point where the original model becomes cliche. Hope that helped ya a little bit :)

JRP
09-24-2005, 08:27 PM
hey man thanks alot.. that helped me out alot.. i appreciate it, jordan

LTZ400rider
09-24-2005, 11:07 PM
how about them korean cars makin their cars look like luxurie cars. sometimes i see one and i think its a jaguar or a benz