PDA

View Full Version : Puppy!

Iliketogofast
09-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I got a new pit bull pup. She is tan with a white belly, white paws and a red nose. What do you guys think I should name her? Oh yeah, another question since this is my first puppy... I've had her 4 or 5 days now, how long will it take for her to follow me around and come to me when I call? She acts hesitand to come, but sometimes when I call her she will take a few steps toward me and stop. What do you think? Thanks for the opinions guys! (I will post pics of her tomorrow night!)

Honda400exrox
09-24-2005, 03:38 PM
first off how old is she, our pitbull is 6 weeks and he knows his name, IMO pitbulls are very fast learners, it took us half an hour to teach one how to shake a paw, it took our coon hound 2 months:ermm:

Mxjunkie
09-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Puppys are a little hard headed but once you stay on top of them they spark right up. Be prepared for tons of messes on the floor, try and keep it on tile or something..

redlineranger
09-24-2005, 09:43 PM
sweet, got any pics of the pit puppy..... i like pits there pretty cool..... i think lab's may be one of the hardest headed puppy's if you dont start training them the day you get them

Iliketogofast
09-25-2005, 02:10 PM
She's almost 10 weeks. Every once and a while she will come to me when I call but usually she just looks at me like "Wtf?" I still have no clue about a name, I'll post her pics tonite =D

Iliketogofast
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Pics. She just got done taken a nap :D

Iliketogofast
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
One more.

redlineranger
09-25-2005, 02:46 PM
pretty dog, i'd post a pic of my dog but the pics are to big, and they looked terrible when i resized them

Iliketogofast
09-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah these pics were huge, they turned out pretty good.

Iliketogofast
09-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Help! I still don't have a name for her!

MWB BigMike
09-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Brandy, Wheeler :D MX , Dirt

freakystone
09-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Having been recently divorced, I lost my dog to the EX. But now I want/need a dog to guard the new bach pad so I ordered a trained doberman. Dont get in until June of 06 but it will be about 9 months old and full trained for protection. He will know over 50 hand signals and voice commands and be extremely protective of me and my two kids.

In the mean time, I bought another dog. www.aibo.com.

What a riot this thing is...

polarisbabe468
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
name her malibu .... its really cute or corona ..... i dont no ill have to think some more my puppys name is diesel :) hes half rot half boxer

86350x
09-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Cute dogs

Iliketogofast
09-26-2005, 10:58 AM
I like Dirt and Corona... :D

polarisbabe468
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
if its a girl not dirt deff corona ..... or elka or somethin ....

Mxjunkie
09-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by freakystone
Having been recently divorced, I lost my dog to the EX. But now I want/need a dog to guard the new bach pad so I ordered a trained doberman. Dont get in until June of 06 but it will be about 9 months old and full trained for protection. He will know over 50 hand signals and voice commands and be extremely protective of me and my two kids.

In the mean time, I bought another dog. www.aibo.com.

What a riot this thing is...

dobermans are the chit, we use to breed them when I was kid, now we've had them ever since. Kinda been in the family.

Heres my pup tashia :blah: I'm still waiting till shes old enough to get her ears done so shes all floopy ears at the moment

tater_kamik
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
always named my dogs after cars... porsche, bimmer, lexus... named one titan though just because he was gonna be huge

Iliketogofast
09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
That's really cool, naming them after cars. I named her last night... I was checking her out, and I saw right in the middle or her white chest patch there is a tan spot, perfectly round. And there are a bunch of dots on her tummy too. So, I called her swiss. I was really really close to calling her corona, though... Thanks for the help guys. So, now the next question. If there are any dog experts out there, does she look like a pit to you? there are a lot of people telling me she is, but just as many telling me she is a Boxer/Pit or some other mix... I personally don't think she is mixed, the only thing that makes me wonder is her jaw isn't square and big, but I was told it will develop as she grows. I'm taking her to the vet today, I think she has that dog flu that is going around. She only eats when I hand feed her, and sometimes not even then. She's getting real skinny because of it. And her poop is like freakin water, it's gross (I don't see how shee poops when she won't eat...) Well, thanks for the feedback folks.

FasstMidnightZ
09-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by polarisbabe468
name her malibu .... its really cute or corona ..... i dont no ill have to think some more my puppys name is diesel :) hes half rot half boxer Ive had 2 boxers and 1 Rotwilier before, Great dogs ! I bet a mix of the 2 is one awesome dog !

tacundra
09-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Cute pup.

Do a search for training articles. I read alot of these when I got my Vizsla Puppy.

There is good info for the COME command, discouraging chewing/biting, crate training, etc.

I highly recommend Crate training if she is not house broken yet, it works very well and quickly if you are consistent about it.

Iliketogofast
09-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Well, I posted earlier that the puppy was sick... She died yesterday morning. She had parvo... She was really bad that morning and we took her to the vet and by the time we got there, she was freezing cold and her eyes were beginning to glaze over. They put her on IVs at around 8 or 9, and she died around noon. It sucks, because she was one of the prettiest pits I had ever seen...

09-30-2005, 09:21 AM
sorry to hear about your dog man:( I really dont know what i will do when my dog passes. shes been such a great dog but shes starting to get older shes 8 right now but she will be turning 9 in february. Her name is nikki shes a cockerspaniel mixed with a poodle. nicest dog youll ever meet. shes too chubby to hurt anyone :p

400exrider707
09-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by polarisbabe468
name her malibu .... its really cute or corona ..... i dont no ill have to think some more my puppys name is diesel :) hes half rot half boxer

It took me a while to even notice there was a dog in the picture..... :D

Meanie5470
09-30-2005, 09:54 AM
sorry about your loss man. To answer your question though I think your dog looks like a full Pit. Its snout is a little long but like you said its real hard to tell as a puppy. You going to get another one?

Iliketogofast
09-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I plan on picking one up from my cousin. And the person I got this puppy from has another dog that is getting ready to have pups, I'm going to see if he'll give me one. By the way shift, that dog is awesome! He's so chubby and cute.

09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
By the way shift, that dog is awesome! He's so chubby and cute.

its a girl:p lol shes on a diet now because she wieghs 14 lbs and her maximum weight should be 10 lmao. she just had a real bad eye infection and she wasnt looking very good. She really didnt do much all day, she just moped around and i thought something bad was gonna happen to her, but her eye cleared up and she is more hyper and fun to be with. ill get some more pics of her.

asa_2
09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Parvo is spread VERY easy, try to wash anything your last puppy was around , pooped ,peed , etc with bleach if possible if not soap. I would probably wait about a month before getting a new puppy so the virus isn't as strong.
I would highly discourage going to the same place , odds are if one puppy got parvo they all do or at least someothers do, and they arn't keeping things clean.

My uncle is a vet , and we lost a puppy to Parvo also.

400exrules
09-30-2005, 07:24 PM
my old lab ;)

400exrules
09-30-2005, 07:25 PM
his eyes are closed cuz the flash was on for some reason

Iliketogofast
10-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Well, my cousin is getting a litter of blue and brindle pits in 3-4 weeks. Just in time I guess.