PDA

View Full Version : TQRA race in Fort Worth this weekend

Razorback
06-12-2002, 01:59 PM
TQRA (www.tqra.com) round 4 races in fort worth on saturday, 6/15, at village creek mx park (www.villagecreekmx.com). let me know if you're coming. we should have a great turnout.

Atomic83
06-12-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm thinking about going, but I don't know for sure yet. What class do you race in?

Razorback
06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
i race two classes, amateur and 4-stroke open. it's a blast if you're thinking about coming over. the people that run tqra do a great job of keeping things organized, and there are a lot of very good riders in every class. what class would you ride in? hope to see you there.

Atomic83
06-12-2002, 03:05 PM
well since i've never raced before I guess i would do the begginer, but the rules say if your in begginer you can't jump doubles. So I might do amature. I didn't know you could do more than one class though, so I might do both.

Do you have number plates on your bumper and and grab-bar or just your fenders?

jshtex
06-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Razor.... We are planning to come and race, have you raced on that track (village creek). The reason I ask is because I am wondering about which class to sign my son up in. He has raced 3 times now so maybe begginer, but he can jump some pretty big doubles so ??? I guess if there are some jumpable (is that a word ) doubles maybe we should go for open? Any advise would be appreciated.

There is a possibility that we are going to be getting a jet ski tommorow and my wife says that if we do we will be at the lake saturday so....

My son has a 01 400ex with the stock red plastic, no decals, with the number 21 on white background. Just in case.

Razorback
06-13-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Atomic83
well since i've never raced before I guess i would do the begginer, but the rules say if your in begginer you can't jump doubles. So I might do amature. I didn't know you could do more than one class though, so I might do both.

Do you have number plates on your bumper and and grab-bar or just your fenders?

"sometimes" they do allow beginners to double jumps. they make that call right before the race and will announce one way or the other during the riders meeting. they look at how difficult the jumps are and how good the class looks in practice, so you can make your own call on that. you could always ask them when you get there if there's a chance they will allow doubles for beginners. it's not always cut-and-dried.

you can run multiple classes, but you can't run multiple skill level classes. for example, you can't run beginner and amateur, but you can run beginner and blaster or 4-stroke.

yes, you do have to have number plates on your front bumper and grab bar. i guess you could race without them, but they won't score you. the front number on the hood doesn't count, it has to be on the bumper.

Razorback
06-13-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by jshtex
Razor.... We are planning to come and race, have you raced on that track (village creek). The reason I ask is because I am wondering about which class to sign my son up in. He has raced 3 times now so maybe begginer, but he can jump some pretty big doubles so ??? I guess if there are some jumpable (is that a word ) doubles maybe we should go for open? Any advise would be appreciated.

There is a possibility that we are going to be getting a jet ski tommorow and my wife says that if we do we will be at the lake saturday so....

My son has a 01 400ex with the stock red plastic, no decals, with the number 21 on white background. Just in case.

unfortunately, i haven't been to village creek yet. i hear it's a really good track. see me previous post about the doubles thing. just talk to the promoters either the morning of the race, or you could email them (address is on their website). they're really nice people.

i hope you get to come, but i understand if you're going to be at the lake. later...

MrP
06-13-2002, 08:52 AM
I might be coming to the race at Village Creek. If I do come I will run the pro class. I have heard its an okay track.

Razorback
06-13-2002, 09:09 AM
excellent. what number are you? i like to meet all the exriders. i love watching the pro riders race. the last race's pro winner got almost $500 and i think the purse was over $2000 total for the pros. not too bad for a fairly new race league down here. this is dirt bike country, but quad racers are beginning to be much more plentiful and the local tracks are almost all allowing quads to race on the local weekend (non-series) races.

hope to see you this weekend.

jshtex
06-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Razor... Well we are not going to make it. My son started a job this week at a local grocery store and I thought he would be off. Turns out they post the schedule on Thurs for Fri thru Thur. And he has to work on Sat. I am bummed but I am glad he is learning the value of a dollar! I did make him tell them that he would not be available on Sundays, (not for church:devil ) That is when the races in the series he races are held. He is in 11 place now in his series out of 30 or so.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Razorback
06-17-2002, 02:26 PM
jshtex - sorry you couldn't make it, but you're right about learning the value of a dollar. that's good that you're son's got a job.

you missed a great day of racing. temps in the mid-to-high 80s and a little wind. the track was great. very well groomed, long, wide-open track with lots of room for passing. not a lot of jumps for most riders. there were a several tabletops, a couple of them large, and only two doubles that were reasonable. there was one giant double, but only about 5 or 6 of the pros could hit it. it was one of those that didn't look bad from the side, but going over it was scary.

i had a great day racing. i finished 3rd in amateur and 4th in 4-stroke open. i took advantage of watching some other riders get caught up in pile-ups and i was able to go by. i did have some fierce races, though, and got bumped pretty good a couple of times, one of which hit my nerf bars pretty good and bent my left foot peg :(

all in all, it was a great day. over 100 racers again. johnny hale took 1st in the pro class, but did get a challenge from a guy named bryan chaler of shreveport, la. before the races, i got to meet johnny and got a close up look at his machine. all i can say is wow, what a freakin powerhouse. he's got the yz426f motor and it is simply awesome. he's a really nice guy also.

maybe you can make it to one of the badlands or caddo point races remaining. tell your son good luck in his series races!