PDA

View Full Version : I anyone running the JE 13:1 or anything close?(400ex)

Honda5
09-24-2005, 05:41 AM
thinking about going with the 426 13:1 and am wondering how the rest of the bike holds up(trans, starter ect....) I have a good crank and rod that won.t be a problem.

SHADETREE101
09-24-2005, 06:39 AM
i have been running the 13:1 piston from je for about a year with no problems. i am running the stock head studs and was using a stock rod. recently i replaced the crank and rod for insurance, but i had no problems with the stock one holding up. i also have thinner gaskets in it so the compression is higher plus the head was decked. i run my bike on alcohol and it produces really well. better than expected. most people freak out to see me run down a built yfz, or 450r. if you run it hard you will eventually have to replace second and probably third but that will happen even in stock form. it's just the nature of the beast. you will not be able to rev as high with that piston because of the compression but it produces alot of torque so you won't really need it to rev as much.i wouldn't change my piston unless i started to use nitrous.as for the starter mine has been fine, but bring a jumper box or jumper cables with you. if it doesn't start right away you may need some help, the battery will dump quick, unless you have a higher cranking amp battery.

Pappy
09-24-2005, 06:44 AM
build it and she will rip:p

and the higher cca battery works wonders on these engine!

underpowered
09-24-2005, 07:52 AM
my buddy just built a stroker motor. is a a 4mm stroker crank, with a JE 13:1 piston, thin gaskets and the head is decked. he has no problems with it yet. he also has a hayabusa battery which has 50 more cca's and is the same size as a stock 400 battery. it runs great, has insane amounts of torque.

Honda5
09-24-2005, 01:16 PM
that sounds like what I am going to run!