PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars VS. Anti-Vibe Stem

Matt400ex_17
09-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Those of you who have both or have used both which is more worth the cash i think im only going to get one or the other and not sure which one will be better so if you has to choose which would you go with?

Pappy
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
flexx bars

Dupontster
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah I like the Flexx Bars alot. They make more of a difference than you think!

TWISTED
09-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Flexx bars rock!!!

Punk'd
09-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
flexx bars

I 2nd that, from what I hear the stem isnt to big of a diffrence?

WhiteZee
09-23-2005, 10:09 PM
i couldnt even tell a difference with the anti vibe stem since i already had the flex bars. if i could do it over, i wouldnt go with the anti vibe stem.

Pappy
09-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I 2nd that, from what I hear the stem isnt to big of a diffrence?

im sure there could be an arguement to verify how much vibration an antivibe stem actually cuts down. i can say with certainty that it isnt much. but for years its all we had. i dont even think it was really designed for true vibration reduction but for ease of construction. the added length to a stem has been its selling point, and im not a manufacture but i would say that having the equipment to stamp a flat top bar mount is pricey compared to the type of construction almost all antivibe stems are made with. overhead not withstanding, there isnt but $30 worth of materials in a stem, but labor and the cost of doing business increases its costs to where they are. and dont forget some stems offer different options in regards to the flag mount position and angle for increased turning and or less tie rod angles for less bind etc.

welcome the new world of technology and flexxbars.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-24-2005, 02:18 PM
unless you need the extra height in a stem get the flexxbars. you can also gain some height in the riser that you choose to mount the flexxbars.