View Full Version : Banshee front end set ups?

Mxjunkie
09-23-2005, 02:25 PM
What are most of you guys out there running, I'm getting a front end this winter keep in mind I am 15 and I only make about 180 a week if I am lucky..

I was thinking lonestar aarms +2 +1 with yfz shocks maybe elkas..

JR3
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
+2 long travel a arms with axis or peps u wont know how u rode without them best mod u can make on a bike.

09-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JR3
+2 long travel a arms with axis or peps u wont know how u rode without them best mod u can make on a bike.

Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
keep in mind I am 15 and I only make about 180 a week if I am lucky..

punker69q
09-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Maybe some burgard with elka econo, if your budget is that tight, that would still be 10x better than stock.

If you want to spend more, I think you should know what to buy... Being on that forum all the time, I hope you learn something :blah:

But seriously, except if you ride VERY hard for long period of time, you may need shocks with ressy, but most people don't really need them.

Ex_Rider43
09-24-2005, 07:55 AM
theres a lot of banshees around here and people who put money on suspension always get LSR products for their banshees.

I like there banshee a-arms but all the LSR swingarms I saw were rewelded and cracked everywhere.

for suspension I like elka but there is also stadium , you may not know them because they are pretty new in the US but you might want to take a look

www.stadiumsuspension.com

Pappy
09-24-2005, 08:23 AM
LSR and Burgard HD will probably be your best bet. Combine that with some Elka's and you'll be fine.

Mxjunkie
09-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by punker69q
Maybe some burgard with elka econo, if your budget is that tight, that would still be 10x better than stock.

If you want to spend more, I think you should know what to buy... Being on that forum all the time, I hope you learn something :blah:

But seriously, except if you ride VERY hard for long period of time, you may need shocks with ressy, but most people don't really need them.

lol I learned alot I just need some opinons before I dump a shat load of money in a front end :blah:

nyceguy01
09-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Unless your pro mx'ing save your money.
My shee runs asr a-arms (429.99) and works shocks
you can prob get elka rec series for just a little more
this setup has withstood 2 and a half years on my bike and no problems yet. The ride quality was unbelievable compared to stock. You wont have the "trick" setup but youll have some coin left over for other stuff that will make it ride better as well.

JDiablo
09-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Josh you immigrant,i always tell you

Burgard and Elka econos,damn brah,JUST LISTEN TO ME

O BTW,that was me looking at your quad through the window

Mxjunkie
09-25-2005, 10:53 AM
( dont mind the right wheel bent my tierod )

I like to jump pretty decent so I need something that wont die. I blew the fronts soo they are like jello now :o

400ex28
09-25-2005, 11:03 AM
LSR/Elka

sampleez
09-25-2005, 11:11 AM
i absolutely love my rec elkas for what i do. i don't race, but i ride hard and jump some pretty big jumps and they work flawlessly. heck yesterday i accidentally killed the motor on a 100 foot table.......:eek2: and i didn't die....just slammed my chin on the bars and half way racked myself.....but i guess it coulda been a lot worse

watch ebay man. i got my houser's off there for dang cheap. you just gotta watch who ya buy from. i saw a set of banshee lonestar's on there today ....but they look like laeger's to me.....at least they look alot like the laegers i had on my 300ex and 400ex.

and over a yfzcentral, there is one or two dealers that sell ST housers for $525 shipped for yfz's, but i bet they're the same price for the shee

Jake250ex
09-25-2005, 11:12 AM
I have works trp. rates with rezzies on stock arms...

I think shee stock a arms are great. I never had a problem with 2 wheeling, they are plenty strong and you will lose ability to ride alot of trails. My works were like $580, and they feel super good.

sampleez
09-25-2005, 11:25 AM
oh yeah, i forgot....idk if you priced them already, but i got my elka's from a dealer on yfzcentral for $440 shipped

BLACKeR
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
look into quicksand racing for your arms, hes big on BansheeHQ and makes some pretty good stuff, guaranteed for life ETC. and then a set of elka economies, like eveyone else has said, my bro ran that set up, and it worked great.elka economies are going to be better than works, any day.

trx400exxracer
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
bugard a-arms
works shocks

sampleez
09-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BLACKeR
look into quicksand racing for your arms, hes big on BansheeHQ and makes some pretty good stuff, guaranteed for life ETC. and then a set of elka economies, like eveyone else has said, my bro ran that set up, and it worked great.elka economies are going to be better than works, any day.

a buddy of mine has those aarms. he bent one a little while after he got them, and the guy gave him a new one, and i don't think he's had a prob since.

edz250r
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
I have a friend in CA who is a distributor of NEW Lonestar parts. Let me know what you need and I can get you a price on it....VERY competitive prices vs rockymountainatv.com, etc...

wheeltrax
09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
my friend just got jannsen a arms and elka elites... WHAT a difference. His banshee now feels like a real quad handling wise. personally i wouldnt buy anything from jannsen as it took my friend about 3 months to get the stuff, and everytime he called, they kept making excuses. he finally got the parts and they sent the wrong tie rods for the a-arms too. he has everything done now, and it rides and handles alot better then stock.

sampleez
09-30-2005, 08:42 PM
i'm not sure if it's the same for the banshee aarms, but on the yfz's, the janssen aarms are the same as the denton ones and i'm not sure, but i think the eyeball engineering ones too.

and i've heard people complaining about those because of the heim joints

bradley300
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
laeger plus 2 a-rms, axis or elka shocks and 4+1 wheels